Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I'm confused. Did I get rushed out into an alley by a speedster? Am I still in the library? Is the building still collapsing? Argh...I was hoping for some clarification before I posted.)

Jemal

Adventurer
*OOC: As far As I can tell (Which makes it official as of now. :p ), Cassandra and Gordon got 'ported by Nightshift and are with him, while Bobby and Robert sped away. Superkid/Roy is at home recuperating and waiting for his parents.*

G

Guest 11456

Robert nods and before Bob can utter another syllable he is standing at his front door next to Robert. "After you."

Andor

First Post
*Superkid/Roy is at home recuperating and waiting for his parents.*

Recovery from staggered (1d20+3=23)

An hour later Roy blinks awake with a start. "Whu? What am I doing at ... oh yeah." He sits up with a wince, then blinks. I guess I wasn't as badly hurt as I thought? I'm kinda sore but it's not that bad. Man. I gotta learn to duck. He gets up and makes his way to the bathroom where he inspects his injuries and finds it's mostly some bruises. The most spectacular ones will be hidden when he dresses. He takes a quick if painfull shower and quickly gets dressed in jeans and a long sleeved shirt. Then he sits down at his computer and starts pulling up news footage of the days events. Who were all those guys? I gotta get in touch with them. What about that girl? With the camera. She looked kinda familiar... He pauses as he spots a picture of her next to a news van outside the school just before it all hit the fan. So she's a reporter... So I can just call the paper to get her number...

renau1g

First Post
*OOC: As far As I can tell (Which makes it official as of now. :p ), Cassandra and Gordon got 'ported by Nightshift and are with him, while Bobby and Robert sped away. Superkid/Roy is at home recuperating and waiting for his parents.*

[sblock=OOC]
I was awaiting a response from Nightshift from Gordon's transformation
[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
"Wuh- .......I don't think I'll ever get used to that," Bob mutters in surprise.

He enters his apartment and finds his cellphone, turning it off and putting it in his fanny-pack. He thinks for a moment and grabs a sandwich out of the fridge, putting it into a sandwich bag and then into his fanny-pack, and heads back to the door. Then he gets an idea - he gets a scrap of paper and, as he locks and closes the front odor, stepping outside, he puts the scrap of paper on top. He's seen this in movies and stuff before - if someone forces their way into his house, the paper scrap will probably fall on the floor and let him know after he comes back home later.

Bob says "Okay, let's go."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[Way back when , at the dawn of the age]
Jemal said:
The Agent hands Bob a Card "Don't loose that or give it away, and call me in an hour."

A blast of air and the gym door bang against the walls on either sides. "No time to talk. Time to leave," says a man who wasn't there a second ago. At the speed of thought - almost - he grabs the red-white-and-blue kid and speeds right back out!

"What-"

"Another one," confirms Rawling, blinking.

"Not the most social type though," he continues after a millsecond pause, getting back to the business at hand. "We'll be EZing out as well, coat man. In the mean time, good work everyone," He catches everyone's eyes in turn : "we got all the school kids out safe and sound, and no good guy casualty either." A tiny smile. "The world is a better place."

With that Rawling looks up - but then turns back at the last minute, pointing to the crystal man: "You think light thoughts, soldier... and lots of them." Then he's truly gone, wooshed away with a dark blurry streak.

Shayuri said:
"Wait," Cassandra says uncertainly, "I don't even know what's..."

"Uh.." The agent tentatively nudges the red mountain. "You Might wanna change back, big red - Not sure how much weight he can pull."

The Crystal seems to be considering it for a moment, then resigning himself to the fact, focuses for a moment and the red crystals begin receding from his body, retreating back into his skin. "Ok I'm ready."

Nightshift blurs back into existance a thousand feet up. He can see the school spreading out below, the helicopter focusing-in on the hole in the roof, the noise of the croud, the police lights, a trail of kicked-up dust streaking away to the west... all getting alarmingly closer by the heartbeat, of course (and the wind in his eyes isn't helping either!).

Got to pick a spot... There!

The helmeted super shifts to a kneeling position behind the concrete and steel cover of the communication tower, well away from prying eyes, snipperish or otherwise. His naked hands thrust out forcefully, palm open to thin air, which solidify... And suddenly Cassandra is there on his right.

"One."

She wobbles on her feet and holds up a finger, trying to forestall him. "Who ARE..."

He's not listening though. His jaw is set, his every muscle tense with anticipated effort, "And now for two..."

Whoosh. Rawling's eyes go wide.

Frustrated and thoroughly confused, Cass turns to look at the other he's brought here. "Would someone just explain what's going on? Who were these guys in the school...and who are these government agents and why are they here...and who are YOU guys?! Am I being kidnapped, or can I go back before...oh god, Vic's gonna kill me." Her hands find the camera, now hung around her neck by its cord, and she feels some relief. Here at least was something familiar to hold onto.

The masked teleporter's comment are more concise, if somewhat louder : Right where a twelve-foot tall block of crystal should be is a heavy-built man instead, in his thirthies, brown hair, honest blue eyes of an habitual liar, rumpled clothing he bravo well wore last night when last he saw him...... "Gordon?!"

<Response any?>

[sblock=ooc]Is this chronology alright for everyone? We can and will change it around as necessary, of course.

Renau1G, I couldn't find a description of Gordon as such so I improvised a bit there. Hope you don't mind. I'll change it around to what he really looks like when I know what that is. :)

On another tack, you can have Gordon recognize Rawling now if you want. If not, at the moment I'm thinking he'll go the honest way and reveal his own identity, seeing has the other two are "unmasked", so to speak. Oh, and you can see what Nightshift looks like right now here.[/sblock]__________________________________________________
Binder Fred, good to be back!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra eyes the masked man and the former 'crystal giant' and asks, "Do you two know each other?"

Then she shakes her head, adjusting to the situation.

"And where are we? I've got to get back there. I have a...a partner who's going to be looking for me."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Shayuri said:
Cassandra eyes the masked man and the former 'crystal giant' and asks, "Do you two know each other?"

Then she shakes her head, adjusting to the situation.

"And where are we? I've got to get back there. I have a...a partner who's going to be looking for me."

Lined blue eyes consider her, and the matter in question. "Wouldn't recommend it, miss, but it's your call... My friends call me Rawling." He offers a hand, more for a gentlemanly squeeze than an actual shake by the look of things.

<Response Cassandra?>

<Assuming he gets a name in reply:

"Aren't you interrested in Mysterious Mutant Disapearances and the people who want to protect us from them?" He takes out the card, truly looking at it for the first time.

<OOC: What does it say, Jemal?

Remove ads