Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1

renau1g

First Post
Lined blue eyes consider her, and the matter in question. "Wouldn't recommend it, miss, but it's your call... My friends call me Rawling."

"Rawling, that you? Man.....what?....who? I need to sit down" Gordon replies, not sure if it was the shock of seeing his friend here, the battle, or the effect of teleporting, but he was sure feeling it.

Shayuri

First Post
"I'm Cassandra...and...what mutant disappearances? Look, until today the only person I knew of that could do anything was me. I don't know anything about disappearances. All I know is that I need to get back. I don't think anyone saw my face...and even if they did, what can I do? I have to go home sometime. I have to go to work."

She glanced at Gordon, then back to 'Rawling.' "I'm no dark avenger of the night. I've got a fairly normal...relatively speaking...life I'm trying to live."

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Rawling, that you? Man.....what?....who? I need to sit down" Gordon replies, not sure if it was the shock of seeing his friend here, the battle, or the effect of teleporting, but he was sure feeling it.
Rawling leans down to grasp his shoulder, excited. "My God, Gordon! It happened to you too? *And* you came to help the kids," he finishes with a grin and a firm shake of that shoulder, proud as hell yet obviously not a little surprised at the same time...

<Response Gordon?>

Shayuri said:
"I'm Cassandra...and...what mutant disappearances? Look, until today the only person I knew of that could do anything was me. I don't know anything about disappearances. All I know is that I need to get back. I don't think anyone saw my face...and even if they did, what can I do? I have to go home sometime. I have to go to work."
"And you will," confirms the man with a suddenly serious face. "You will." He tips back his military-green helmet, takes it off entirely in concerned apology. "Didn't mean to alarm you, Sandra... I was just saying you might want to hold off on showing your face *down there* right now : don't want people to put two and two together if you can help it, right? Let's both sit down like Gordon there for now, take a little breather together, let things cool down. Whatever it is, you can face it." And he shows the way, leaving an obvious free spot just about perfect for her...

<Response Cassandra?>

<if she brings up her partner again:
"He wouldn't be satisfied with a phone call?"

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra gives Nightshift a wry look.

"Yeah, well, we drove here together, and then to him I just sort of disappeared. Then all hell broke loose at the school and for all he knows I was right in the middle of it."

She sighs. "I guess I'll call him and just tell him I got cut off from him. He'll want to pick me up though. Maybe you can drop me off around the side of the school? Away from the gym, I mean."

Binder Fred

Shayuri said:
"I guess I'll call him and just tell him I got cut off from him. He'll want to pick me up though. Maybe you can drop me off around the side of the school? Away from the gym, I mean."
Rawling shrugs his agreement but remains seated for now. He's feeling the excitement slowly drain away, fatigue settling in like a well-worn cloak on his shoulders, leaving him time to consider... "Coat man was the first to mention it, you know - a danger from 'the agency', he said, though I didn't quite get what he was talking about at the time... Then came the boy in red-white-and-blue. You both heard that part of it... Now that I think about it, A-bomb - that'd be the exploding criminal you rescued - *he* said he was there because 'we americans' took away his sister."

Binder Fred

Silence for a while... then: "Right! Feeling better now. Ah, cloak man said to call him in an hour for a meet and greet." He looks from the one to the other. "I'm thinking at least one of us should go."

<Response Any?>

Shayuri

First Post
"Cloak Man?" Cassandra asks dubiously. "Is that his real super name? It's not very good."

She pops her cell phone out of her purse and calls Victor.

"Hey, it's me, Cassie!"

She winced and held the phone away from her ear for a second.

"No, I know. I know! No, I got separated...would...Vic...I was looking for some better angles! And then all hell started breaking loose and another unit of SWAT cops and guys started collecting everyone behind the barricades... Over around the other side. Yeah. No, like, the library lot. Not in it, but close...Vic... Yeah, the camera's fine."

Cassandra sighed.

"No, you go ahead. I've got a ride. No, one of my friends...yeah, from college. He said he'd drive me back. He works on that side of town too. No, we're going to get lunch first, then head back. Okay. Yeah, okay. Bye."

She closes her phone and gives Nightshift a tired look. "I should just take the rest of the day off I feel like."

renau1g

First Post
Rawling leans down to grasp his shoulder, excited. "My God, Gordon! It happened to you too? *And* you came to help the kids," he finishes with a grin and a firm shake of that shoulder, proud as hell yet obviously not a little surprised at the same time...

"Yeah whatever this is happened to me too. I just couldn't let the kids suffer, I still keep an eye out on them, guess old habits and all that. What did the suit want?" Gordon replies

Binder Fred

Renau1g said:
"Yeah whatever this is happened to me too. I just couldn't let the kids suffer, I still keep an eye out on them, guess old habits and all that. What did the suit want?" Gordon replies.
"Forgot all about your Metro High posting," admits the other, pieces falling into place. "Must have been something like - what? - eight, nine years ago. Before they built the new wing..." He knew the guy who did the work : Tony Aragon from over on Elms.

<I suggest inserting this here, but we can go a few more rounds if you want, Renau:

"Do you two know each other?" Cassandra eyes the masked man and the former 'crystal giant'

Shayuri said:
She closes her phone and gives Nightshift a tired look. "I feel like I should just take the rest of the day off."
A sympathetic chuckle, "You and me both, green eyes... *Unfortunately*, cloak man waits for no man. On the bright side, maybe the meet itself will be sometimes later in the evening, say three days from now."

Shayuri said:
"Cloak Man?" Cassandra asks dubiously. "Is that his real super name? It's not very good."
Rawling shrugs, not ruffled in the least: "Had to call him *something*." A pause, then," I'm thinking 'Floater Girl' for *you*."

A considered pause, but trust has to be earned, as they say, and, strangely enough, you buy it with trust. Rawling pulls himself upright with some effort, "Come on, both of you, let's hail us a cab and go to my house. Mary'll cook us something good to eat and we can rest in confort till calling time comes around." Speaking of...

<Reply?>

[sblock=Actions]Try to bring his watch back to his wrist, then, with everyone's consent, hail off to Summer Hill.[/sblock]________________________________________________________
Binder Fred, in the fullness of time.

Remove ads