Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1

Jemal

Adventurer
-June 20th, 2 PM-

Time passes, the sun crosses the sky, and life in the city goes back to 'relatively' normal... but not for everyone.

-Ellings Residence- (Roy Ellings)

Roy awakens with a start as someone barges into his home. He glances at the clock, realizing he's been asleep for over an hour - but he feels much better.

"ROY! Honey are you home? ROY!" He realizes that the frantic voice coming from the front porch is his mothers.

-Random Street- (Bob&Rob)
At the appointed time, Bob flipped out his cell phone and dialed the number he'd gotten from the Agent. "JC here... Oh hi kid. Look, I don't have much time right now, I'm about to go into a debriefing. I'd like to meet you at 5, there's an Italian Bistro on 17th, it's open air so if you get skittish you can just zip out of there, but I think we really need to all get together and have a chat."

-Rawlings Residence
Seeing that it was that time finally, Rawling dialed the agent.
"JC here... Ah, hey Joe, was just thinking of calling you. Look, I'm a bit busy with work right now... Yeah, sure, I can meet you for supper.. Say 5, that italian Bistro on 17th?" It's obvious from his tone that he isn't alone.

Andor

First Post
"Huh...What? Who? Mom? I'M UP HERE MOM!" Roy's mouth runs on ahead as his brain scrambles to catch up. "I'LL BE RIGHT DOWN!" He pats his chest and winces slightly but realizes he feels better than he has any right to. He scrambles out of bed and into a long sleeve t-shirt and opens his door to find his Mother right outside it looking distraught. God I hope I don't have any rubble in my hair. "Uh. Hi Mom" *OOF* he gasps as she hugs him fiercely. Roy hugs her back as his brain at last rounds the final corner. "I'm sorry I didn't call. When I got home, after all the adrenaline, I just crashed. Sorry."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[The Meet]
Seeing that it was that time finally, Rawling leaned back in his chair and asked, "How paranoid are we about this call? I mean - I rather *like* the guy, but at the same time I'm not that sure I want him knowing where I live."

<Reply Gordon, Cassandra, Mary?>

<However and wherever this ends up taking place:
Jemal said:
"JC here... Ah, hey Joe, was just thinking of calling you. Look, I'm a bit busy with work right now... Yeah, sure, I can meet you for supper.. Say 5, that italian Bistro on 17th?" It's obvious from his tone that he isn't alone.
"Irish Rover on 3rd," counteroffers Rawling. He *knows* the Rover.

<Response Agent?>

[sblock=OOC]Fill in the others after the call.

Recovering from fatigued 1d20+3=6. Still fatigued.[/sblock]___________________________________________________________
Binder Fred, waiting for replies on the Cab and Rest thread for now.

Shayuri

First Post
"I dunno," Cassandra says, "I...can't believe I'm saying this, but I should be back to work before TOO long. I mean, don't get me wrong, this is all incredible! I never knew there were more people like me around. That's why I'm still even here! But I really...I'm going to need this job, you know?"

She pauses, then says, "Hell with it."

As Rawling made his call, she made one too. To work.

"Hi, this is Cassie. Listen, something's come up, and I have to take the rest of the day off. I'll be in first thing tomorrow, okay?"

Binder Fred

<After the call:
"Plenty of investigative stuff to be done if you'd prefer," not wanting to force her into anything. "A-Bomb's sister for one... Or tracking down where 'the Agency' is taking the calamity brothers -- assuming anybody was there besides coppers and swatters, of course."

<Response Cassandra, Gordon?>

OOC: Jemal, did Rawling hear anything relating to the Agency's presence from the police radio he pilfered?

Arkhandus

First Post
(OOC: Tailspinner, you there?)

Bobby hangs out at Robert's place for a bit until the phone call, playing a few games on his PSP to keep from stressing out over what's happening today and what the heck was gonna become of his apartment, his job, his comics, his games, and everything else.....

Once it was time, he dialed the number that stranger had given him, after first telling Rob to take him maybe a mile or two away from Rob's place, so he could turn on the cellphone and use it where the gummint couldn't (supposedly) track the signal back to Rob's place. "Er, yeah, shure. Let's meet. I wanna know what the heck is goin' on....." After hanging up, he thinks, but what didja mean by 'all of us'?

Shayuri

First Post
"Okay." Cassandra folds up her phone and looks at Rawling. "What's really going on here? Are you with the government? Who were those other spy-looking guys? And the terrorists, were they some kind of supervillain? How long has all this been going on, right under the public's nose?"

Binder Fred

"Of course I'm *with* the government," frowns the old man, lightning in his eyes. "It's this so-called 'Agency' that's betraying the trust of the people -- aledgedly," he qualifies, remembering his earlier comment. "Downright un-American, if it's true. Worse, it's coun-ter-pro-ductive."

Mary gently taps his shoulder, "Hon? She's saying we haven't heard your story yet. He does that all the time," she confides to the reporter with good-natured exasperation.

Rawling clearly disagrees with that, but not enough to actually disagree. Instead he review what 'Sandra actually said in his head : Mary is usually right about these things... "Ah. Well. I met cloak man three entire minutes before you did, Sandra, in the gym. I was - let's see - I was trying to pin down eight of the hostage takers at the time I think -- cover operation while the actual hostages were hot footing it for safety. I had two gunmen in handcuffs, and I'd convinced four of the others to drop their guns; but Cain, one of the leaders, was getting back up and his eyes were glowing *RED HOT COALS*. Not a happy sight, let me tell you. That's when cloak man's partner shot Cain in the back with a tazer - they were secret service types, my love, both of them with thousand dollar suits and all the techno fixings... Still, I rather liked *him* : he has a healthy attitude towards mounting complications." A slowly sharpening smile.

"They held the gunmen under wraps while I went after the flying kid -- I gather he was one of the school kids who'd gotten in some sort of fight with Cain's brother before I got to the gym. Together the both of them had blown platoon-sized holes through every wall they could find! Well, you saw. Anyway, I was just in time to see the kid *flying off* into the wide blue!" Will wonders never cease? "That's when Cain's brother came at me - trying to get back into the gym - and refused a very reasonnable offer to surrender. *He* could make explosions come out of his hands," he explains to the wife.

"All in all, a perfectly ordinary day... You?"

<Response Cassandra, Gordon?>

[sblock=OOC] Sorry for the delay, folks! I've been showing a property in southern Temiscamingue to a couple of possible investors and it ate up more time than I thought it would.[/sblock]___________________________________________
Binder Fred, wondering where Renau1g has gotten to...

EDIT= Just found the thread explaining it all : Canadian Rockies, eh? Lucky dog. :)

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

After Bob is done on the phone, Robert looks at him quizzically for a few beats. "Well? What is our next move? Where are we meeting?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Yeah, I saw the...the explosion guy," Cassandra murmurs. "He's the only I..."

She pantomimes something zooming up into the air with her right hand.

"Launched. And then caught when you brought up to the roof. So yeah, overall, for me, this has NOT been a perfectly ordinary day. "

Cass sighs, then gives Rawling a wan smile. "Still, I didn't get my cover blown or anything, so it could definitely have been worse. So you're a superhero?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases