Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1 - Page 2




+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 156
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemal View Post
    -Taxi 1238, en route to Metro High-
    "I understand how difficult this must be for you sir, back where I am from we had problems like this far too often, it is one of the many reasons I came to America. It is a sad day when something like this is happening in this glorious city. Do not worry though, I am certain the police will not allow your child, or any others, to be harmed."
    There's something about the way the Iraqi man speaks, a comforting and understanding tone that makes his words difficult to ignore. Even if Gordon had been a frantic parent, he likely would have been calmed by the words.
    "Here we are, sir."

    The taxi pulls up a few blocks from the school, unable to get any closer, and Gordon sees the chaos ahead.

    -Outside Metro High -
    Police have formed a line to keep out all the parents, reporters, and onlookers. From behind them, smoke can be coming from somewhere down the street. It's nearly impossible to find an officer to talk to who isn't already busy.
    "Thank you for your kind words, ah I didn't catch your name" Gordon asks, as he pays the man and adds a generous tip.

    Turning his attention back to the growing mess of people and the cops holding them back, Gordon has an idea. He looks for the thinest area of the crowd and pushes his way to the front, struggling against the frightened parents. He began to stride past the police barricades non-chalantly. Once the officer stops him, Gordon looks at him with his sternest look.

    "I'd suggest you take your hand off me son, unless you want to be back giving out parking tickets. I'm agent Harrison, FBI, step aside and point me to who's in charge of this mess." Gordon says tersely, his hands across his chest and foot tapping in annoyance at the apparent delay.

    OOC

    Initimidate (1d20+14)

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,003
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    "...but I'm a reporter!"

    "Sorry, sir, no one's allowed through to the school."

    Cassandra leaned against the side of the white van she and Victor had arrived in, listening idly to him butt heads with one of the police officers guarding the barricade line at the curbside and scanning through the footage she'd taken of his report.

    "The public has a right to know!"

    "Look, right now the situation back there's unstable, and there's children and firearms involved. Do you want to have their blood on your hands?"

    He wanted to get some footage of the gunmen through the windows of the gym. Cassandra privately agreed with the cop...it was way too dangerous.

    Except...

    She looked up from the camera and over to the gym building. Could she reach that far? The gunmen would almost certainly see a person crouching down in front of a window with a camera...but what if the camera was just floating by itself? Much smaller. Much less obtrusive. Much quieter.

    But then again, what if Victor came back and wanted to film something else while it was away?

    Cass glanced back at the squabbling pair. Then she looked around to see if anyone else was watching. She could float it low over the ground at first...then when it was clear, lift it up and pick up some speed over to the window. Finally just snatch it back.

    There was the problem of explaining how she got the footage. But with some editing...well...it might be workable. And if not, she just wouldn't show it to them.

    When she was sure it was safe, Cassandra released the little camera, and sent it skittering low over the ground towards the gym, hoping to avoid anyone's notice.

    (not sure what you'd want me to roll for this, if anything. TK is perception range, and precise)

  • #13
    June 20th

    -Megacomix-
    The man raised an eyebrow at Bob's hesitation and nervousness. "Mr Reddington, We'd like to speak with you somewhere a bit more private... If you could step outside with us, we have some important matters to discuss. I believe you know to what we are referring." He leans in and whispers "And I'm certain you want to keep this private as much as we do." He pulls back and motions to the front door, looking to Pat "You won't mind if we borrow your employee for a few moments." the way he says it makes it clear to everyone in the store that it's not a question.

    -Metro High-

    -Gymnasium-
    The angry man walks over to Roy, pointing the gun at his head from a foot away "I Want you to Shut up and lay on the floor. Are you the mayor of this city? Are you the chief of police? NO, so you are not in a negotiating position! The next child to speak will be shot." He cocks the gun and leans in closer "Do you understand me, little boy?"

    -Outside-
    "Hakim Al'rashar, sir. It was a pleasure to meet you." The cabbie smiles at you for the tip. "And my hopes that everything works out allright for you." The Taxi pulls away as Gordon moves to the front of the barricade to confront the police officer. *See OOC*

    Meanwhile a small camera is floating towards the school snapping pictures.

    -Nearby Sniper Position-
    Nightshift appears beside the sniper, who turns quickly, surprised at this suddenly appearing man in a mask, but stops short and hands over his radio when ordered.

    ooc

    Shayuri - Lets just get a dex (or int, your choice) check to see how precise your control is at this stage.

    Renau1g - That would actually be a bluff check to convince them that you're telling the truth. Scaring him won't work if he doesn't believe you.

    Binder - Um, one problem I foresee... Doesn't your mind control power only last for a second? The officer should probably be holding you at gunpoint and demanding an explanation right now...

    Also, everybody - Please roll for yourselves using invisiblecastle. Use your characters real name for the name slot. I will be doing some rolling for you when it matters for me to know it for my posts (Such as saves), but for the most part roll for yourselves.
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

    Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

  • #14
    Robert had been watching the comic store from the roof of a nearby building so that he could keep an eye on the van. Unfortunately he had been doing so for many hours and had taken an impromptu nap. He awakens to find that he is not sure how much time has passed. He speeds down the back of the building and to a position around the corner from the store. Then he begins walking at a normal pace around the building toward the store entrance. He watches for anything unusual.

    OOC: Sorry for the delay. I've been away for a bit.

  • #15
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Andor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Enterprise, fl, 32725
    Posts
    3,283

    Ignore Andor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemal View Post
    June 20th

    -Gymnasium-
    The angry man walks over to Roy, pointing the gun at his head from a foot away "I Want you to Shut up and lay on the floor. Are you the mayor of this city? Are you the chief of police? NO, so you are not in a negotiating position! The next child to speak will be shot." He cocks the gun and leans in closer "Do you understand me, little boy?"
    Oh that is it! Roy thinks as his eyes begin to glow red in anger. His hand lashes out and grabs the thug's gun arm and forces it up with contemptuous ease, holding the gunman helpless. "I don't think you understand just who you need to negotiate with, A**hole." Roy sneers.

    OCC
    Attack roll to grab. Attack roll to grab (1d20+3=13)
    Grapple roll to pin. grapple roll (1d20+19=30)
    Last edited by Andor; Monday, 27th April, 2009 at 11:38 PM.
    -Andor

    "Congratulations. You just invented 'negligent regicide.'" - Schlock Mercenary

    Seeking a game in Florida.

  • #16
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,253

    Ignore Binder Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemal
    Nightshift appears beside the sniper, who turns quickly, surprised at this suddenly appearing man in a mask, but stops short and hands over his radio when ordered.
    The earpiece fits nicely into Rawling's ear, under the balaclava, at which point his look gentles. "Don't worry, son : we're on the same side... Try not to shoot any more friendlies than you have to, alright?" A sweeping look out the window and *fwoosh*, he isn't there anymore.

    <Assuming that sweeping look didn't pick up things like floating cameras or familiar-looking recovering alcoholics picking fights with police officers:

    He's in fact 250m away, 30m from the ground and facing back the way he came. Oh, and he's falling, but never mind that now. 'Where's a convenient window when you need one..... There!' And he's inside the school.

    Actions
    Free: Fit radio in ear. I'm assuming it's already set to receive, if not he'll turn it on so it is.
    Move: Teleport so he faces the back of the school.
    Move: Spot a likely window and teleport inside. An *ideal* window would have student/teacher faces in it (trapped in a classroom?). Failing that, a classroom or staircase window close to the back "gunmen" entrance. Failing that again, I guess any classroom will do in the fall.

    Is there a gunmen at the back doors as well? Police presence? Fleeing students? Look back out when safely inside if need be.
    Anything informative on the "police scanner", by the way?

    Notice rolls for all that:
    1d20+12=13,
    1d20+12=15,
    1d20+12=21,
    1d20+12=32
    Command Voice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemal
    Binder - Um, one problem I foresee... Doesn't your mind control power only last for a second? The officer should probably be holding you at gunpoint and demanding an explanation right now...
    As I understand it (MM core book p.70), Nightshift's Command Voice power lasts until successfully saved against. Targets do get a new save every round at cumulative +1 for every previously failed saves. So an initially failed roll means you're under his spell for at least a round, at which point you get another save at +1, then +2, then +3, etc for each succeeding rounds... Makes sense?
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Binder Fred, way to crank up the tension, Andor.
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Tuesday, 28th April, 2009 at 01:51 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #17
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Arkhandus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    6,417

    Ignore Arkhandus
    "Uhh....I'm really not sure....but okay....." Bob responds. He looks at Pat and says "I'll be back soon, I guess....?" while looking as confused as he can. Inwardly, he freaks out about what the heck the CIA or FBI or whoever it was these guys said they are want with HIM!!!

    Bob follows them out of the store while scratching his head with one hand.

  • #18
    OOC

    Sorry, Bluff = +2 modifier
    Bluff (1d20+2=18)
    Last edited by renau1g; Tuesday, 28th April, 2009 at 06:22 PM.

  • #19
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,003
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    Cassandra squinted slightly, keeping her eyes fixed on the tiny camera as she manuevered it carefully to get some shots of the cordoned off area.

    Control roll: 20 (int based)
    Roll Lookup

  • #20
    June 20th
    -Megacomix-Robert had been almost at the entrance to the comic shop when the three he'd been tailing came out with a young man who looked QUITE nervous, nearly bowling Robert over as he doesn't notice him.
    Bob follows the three outside and nearly runs into a customer on his way past.
    The man who'd done most of the talking inside looks from Bob to Robert, a curious expression on his face, as if he recognized the man from somewhere, but he shrugged "Excuse us, Sir." He stepped out of Robert's way and took a hold of Bob's arm gently but forcefully "Our vehicle is across the street, Mr Reddington, we can speak freely once we're inside."

    -Metro High-
    Gymnasium
    Roy manages to(barely) Grab the surprised gunman, lifting him helplessly into the air. The others stare blankly at him for a moment, until the spell is broken by the nervous man from earlier.

    "BROTHER!" He shouts, stepping forwards. "Please, no more.." Though his words seem lost on the other gunmen, who point their weapons at Roy, shouting at him all at once.

    Outside
    The Police officer sighs at Gordon "Well that may be sir, but as you know I'm going to have to see some ID before you send me to the parking lot." He crosses his arms, waiting.

    Shayuri's camera flies up to the building and starts snapping pictures, seemingly unnoticed, as her co-worker continues arguing with the police.

    Empty Classroom
    Nightshift takes the radio and shifts into an empty classroom. Listening to the radio indicates that save for those trapped in the gym, and a few gunmen guarding doors, the school seems empty. It's currently being surrounded by swat teams as they wait for the negotiater to arrive. As he turns to leave the classroom, he notices a camera floating just outside the window, taking pictures of him...

    ooc

    Police Officer Sense Motive vs Gordon (1d20+5=24) Ouch, sry but the cop doesn't buy it. I gave you a +2 bonus for incorporating the intimidation, but he still beats it.

    Also.. heh, I just noticed that there are two 'bob' pcs, and they're the only ones not at the school.

    Also, Andor - You've got the guy pinned, but theres a buncha angry terrorists pointing semi-automatic weapons at you and shouting. Things aint lookin so hot for Kid Super.
    Last edited by Jemal; Wednesday, 29th April, 2009 at 12:45 AM.
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

    Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 659
      Last Post: Sunday, 28th July, 2013, 10:35 AM
    2. Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!
      By Jemal in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 387
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th May, 2013, 12:50 PM
    3. Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Cast
      By Jemal in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Saturday, 7th July, 2012, 12:23 PM
    4. Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising OOC (Game has started!)
      By Jemal in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 232
      Last Post: Saturday, 1st August, 2009, 04:35 AM
    5. Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High
      By Jemal in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 775
      Last Post: Wednesday, 29th October, 2008, 07:21 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •