Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1

Andor

First Post
June 20th
-Metro High-
Gymnasium
Roy manages to(barely) Grab the surprised gunman, lifting him helplessly into the air. The others stare blankly at him for a moment, until the spell is broken by the nervous man from earlier.

"BROTHER!" He shouts, stepping forwards. "Please, no more.." Though his words seem lost on the other gunmen, who point their weapons at Roy, shouting at him all at once.

[sblock=ooc]
Also, Andor - You've got the guy pinned, but theres a buncha angry terrorists pointing semi-automatic weapons at you and shouting. Things aint lookin so hot for Kid Super.[/sblock]

Crud, crud, crud. I gotta focus all their attention on me before they realize all the other kids are still hostages. Well as long as my cover is blown... Eyes blazing orange with his anger and fear Roy throws the gunman in a one handed overhand toss at the next closest riflemen, he misses badly however and the thug flies on into the wall."Everybody DOWN!" he shouts.

[Sblock=occ]He swiffed badly unless a human body counts as an area attack. :blush: Throwing badguy (1d20+3=5)

And I'm not worried about Roy, unless I badly misread the system he's just flat immune to regular gunfire, though still vulnerable to a punch upside the head. His actions however are probably not the best that could be imagined, but he's a 16 yr old kid who still doesn't know his powers, or even really his own strength. :) I just hope he doesn't lose any classmates. :([/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Two hurried steps into the quiet classroom to account for speed differences (didn't quite compensate enough there, Mitch) and he's free to let his breath rush out in retrospective dread and wonder : hell of a ride, HELL of a RIDE!

No time to shake though, got to -

Jemal said:
As he turns to leave the classroom, he notices a camera floating just outside the window, taking pictures of him...

Invisible reporters?! What- Wait- The camera is not stopping. It just keeps on moving sideways and snapping away, hasn't focused on him at all in fact... And it's not moving right either, not at all like somebody carrying-

On a hunch Nightshift swivels his gaze out and catches sight of her almost immediately. Over there behind the police line : shoulder length dark hair, press badge, indoor-white skin, maybe twenty. And with intense green eyes staring fixedly at the camera's every move, almost as if she's *supporting* it!

Rawling would catch that gaze if he could, get some sort of contact. Short of a scene though...

Right! The old soldier strides forth, taking it off as he goes. Catching up to the camera's sideways advance, he thumps his 50th anniversary gold watch down on a specific desk, looking right down the objective's throat as he does so. Here! It is HERE!

<Classroom 1011, second row from the window, first desk up front. ;)

Good luck on your mission, soldier, hope I'll get a chance to see you again.

And then he's off at a quiet lope, back into the darkened classroom. Because the time hasn't been wasted, whatever the case with green-eyes. The radio's been babbling all this time (not very tight comsec, thankfully) and from what he can piece together, save for those trapped in the gym and a few gunmen guarding doors, the school is empty. It's currently being surrounded by swat teams as they wait for the negotiator to arrive.

The important part being : "in the GYM"! And so Rawling peers both ways from his crouch at the door before padding to the big red box marking the nearest fire hose, and the emergency evacuation plan he knows he'll find right next to it.

[sblock="Actions"]Assuming no gunmen in the corridor, find the best alternate access to the gym, ideally through the team lockers and not in front of the gunmen on watch.

Oh and re-reading the rules for mind control I realized that, as written, Command Voice takes a standard action to take control and a move action to issue a command (i.e. a full action to use). I'll therefore change my stats so that control + command takes a standard action all told, as I thought it worked (i.e. add a +1 Extra to it). It'll be done tomorrow, I think.[/sblock]____________________________________________
Binder Fred, nice twist on the camera thing, Jemal. :)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
To someone who knows what to look for, Cassandra is pretty easy to spot...she's staring right at the camera fixedly. Although she's controlling the device's movements, she can't actually see through it though, and Nightshift is inside a building, behind glass. Between the light differential and the reflective pane, she doesn't see him in there at that distance.

After taking a few shots through that window, she therefore moves the camera on to the next to get a few more...then to the next, for different angles.

renau1g

First Post
June 20th

Outside
The Police officer sighs at Gordon "Well that may be sir, but as you know I'm going to have to see some ID before you send me to the parking lot." He crosses his arms, waiting.

"Sorry, I... just ....well... ok. It's just my kids are inside and I just want to help them. You wouldn't understand, you're kids aren't stuck being held by some terrorist, why don't you take them down? I've seen movies, you're snipers should take the shots." Gordon says to the man, then realizing he won't get anywhere with him, turns back to the crowd of people and tries to find a nearby alley to duck into.

G

Guest 11456

-Megacomix-Robert had been almost at the entrance to the comic shop when the three he'd been tailing came out with a young man who looked QUITE nervous, nearly bowling Robert over as he doesn't notice him.
Bob follows the three outside and nearly runs into a customer on his way past.
The man who'd done most of the talking inside looks from Bob to Robert, a curious expression on his face, as if he recognized the man from somewhere, but he shrugged "Excuse us, Sir." He stepped out of Robert's way and took a hold of Bob's arm gently but forcefully "Our vehicle is across the street, Mr Reddington, we can speak freely once we're inside."

Robert moves past the group, then opens the door to the shop. Then he makes his move, he speeds over picks up Bob and speeds off down the street. He makes a number of turns and ends up on the roof of a building before placing the man back down. Robert then allows the other man a moment to reorient himself before speaking. "What is your power? Those guys only grab people with 'SPECIAL' powers. What is yours?" Robert then waits for the other man to respond. Even after his amazing run he is not winded n the least.

OOC: Robert's normal speed is is about 16.66 miles per melee round. Bob is a medium load for Robert which means he travels at 2/3 speed or a maximum of 11.11 miles. Robert carries Bob no more then a few miles so there should be no problems.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC need update from Jemal before I can do anything, since Cassandra has no knowledge of what Nightshift is doing, and won't until she gets the camera back and looks at the pictures. ...and I admit, I'm a little mystified by what he's doing OOC too. You said he was 'taking it off...' Does that mean he undressed? And the watch? Hee hee. Poor Cass and her player are confused. :))

Arkhandus

First Post
Bob FREAKS THE HELL OUT!!! He only has time to say "Yeah..." to the gov't guy dragging him out of the store before he's grabbed by someone else and carried at breakneck speeds down the street, barely even starting to shout "WHAT THE-!?!?!" as he gets dragged away!

Somehow, the insane ride stops after a few seconds and Bob almost hurls! "Guh! Wha- what the-" he stammers out, looking at the stranger that-wait, did this guy just drag him over here THAT FAST?!!?!? Bob's mind reels for a moment, as he just blinks stupidly and his jaw hangs slack.

Finally, he responds "Y....you've got powers too? Y-you don't need to know mine! .....Aw, crud, I just blurted it out! Well, so what?!!? Whaddya mean the gov't 'just takes people with special powers'?!?! That's crazy! They're the government! I didn't do nothin'!" Bob backs away and looks nervously at the stranger.

Jemal

Adventurer
Outside Megacomix
The streak that was Robert Paul Marshall is a mile away before the agents even realize what happened.
"DAMIT! Looks like he's a speedster. Call the tracker."

-Metro High-
-Outside-
"Because they're holed up in the gym and our snipers can't shoot through walls, sir." The cop says tiredly, just before Gordon turns to leave, then looks to another 'concerned parent' and continues his job.
Meanwhile Cass notices her partner coming over to her, seemingly done arguing with the police, and not looking too happy.
As he opens his mouth to speak, there is a loud Explosion from the building, followed by screaming.

Inside
Nightshift finds his map and is just about to enter the gym, pondering what he'll do once inside, when he hears shouting and a sudden explosion from inside, followed by screaming.

Gym
"BROTHER, NO!!" The nervous man shouts as his brother is thrown across the room. He points a hand at Roy and there is a loud EXPLOSION that everybody else hears but Roy feels as he finds the terrorists retreating at an alarming pace - It's only as he hits the brick wall behind him that he realizes they were standing still and he was flying backwards. He crashes straight through the wall, leaving a large hole, and by the time he's stood up and his ears have stopped ringing, he can hear screaming from the terrified students on the other side.
The terrorist who shouted at him has pulled off his mask and is staring angrily at Roy, the others are staring in awe at the hole.

[sblock=ooc]
Wait... miles per ROUND? *checks sheet/book* Wow.. ok, I seriously underestimated your speed. I didn't realize you travelled at Mach 13, you're not just supersonic, you're Hypersonic. Hell, you're only 1 rank away from achieving Escape Velocity!
Just for the record, we won't be dealing with sonic booms.
Anyways, you guys're currently free of DM interference for the moment, so feel free to talk back and forth.

Now for the school:
Terrorist attack on Kid Super Kid Super Toughness save vs Terrorist explosion (1d20+6=17, 1d20+7=27) Hmm.. nat 20 eh?
Andor!! Gain 1 bruised damage and 1 hero point as I use GM Fiat to negate your 20, b/c I want you flying through a wall. :p No stunned or extra damage from the wall, though. You're now about 50' away from him, with a rather large hole in the wall between you. All the kids & other terrorists are considered stunned for this round.

EVERYONE who's planning on doing something about the explosion please roll initiative at this point. (Andor and badguys included.)

If you beat Terrorist Initiative (1d20+4=23) post your actions. Otherwise post your init and general reaction

Also, could everyone please have their actual defense/toughness posted somewhere so I don't have to look through the sheet and do math for each attack?
[/sblock]

Andor

First Post
Gym
"BROTHER, NO!!" The nervous man shouts as his brother is thrown across the room. He points a hand at Roy and there is a loud EXPLOSION that everybody else hears but Roy feels as he finds the terrorists retreating at an alarming pace - It's only as he hits the brick wall behind him that he realizes they were standing still and he was flying backwards. He crashes straight through the wall, leaving a large hole, and by the time he's stood up and his ears have stopped ringing, he can hear screaming from the terrified students on the other side.
The terrorist who shouted at him has pulled off his mask and is staring angrily at Roy, the others are staring in awe at the hole.

[sblock=ooc]
Now for the school:
Terrorist attack on Kid Super Kid Super Toughness save vs Terrorist explosion (1d20+6=17, 1d20+7=27) Hmm.. nat 20 eh?
Andor!! Gain 1 bruised damage and 1 hero point as I use GM Fiat to negate your 20, b/c I want you flying through a wall. :p No stunned or extra damage from the wall, though. You're now about 50' away from him, with a rather large hole in the wall between you. All the kids & other terrorists are considered stunned for this round.

EVERYONE who's planning on doing something about the explosion please roll initiative at this point. (Andor and badguys included.)

If you beat Terrorist Initiative (1d20+4=23) post your actions. Otherwise post your init and general reaction

Also, could everyone please have their actual defense/toughness posted somewhere so I don't have to look through the sheet and do math for each attack?
[/sblock]

Init = 4 Initiative (1d20+2=4) Apparently Roy got his bell rung pretty good. :D

Ugh. Either that was an invisible grenade, or I'm not the only super around. Whee.
Roy's actions will depend on the bad guys. If they open up on the students he's going to go after the gunmen. If not he'll try his eyebeams on the badguy, who knows? Maybe they only work right if he's in danger.

[sblock=Defenses]
Defense = 13
Toughness +3 (+4 point Impervious Toughness vs ranged, +3 vs Physical when spinning)
Fort 7 + 3 = 10
Will 9 + 1 = 10
Ref 4 + 2 = 6[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases