Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1 - Page 5


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 156
  1. #41
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Seeing his opportunity, Gordon will try to break through the police line, shouting "Our kids are in there, we have to help them" trying to incite the parents to continue their press.

 

  • #42
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Andor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Enterprise, fl, 32725
    Posts
    3,609
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Andor
    occ
    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    Seeing his opportunity, Gordon will try to break through the police line, shouting "Our kids are in there, we have to help them" trying to incite the parents to continue their press.
    Wow. And I thought Roy was irresponsible.

    Edit: (This is the 'angry terrorist' who pissed Roy off earlier... Super-Terrorist's brother.) He's getting up? Wow, and I was worried Roy would have killed him. He did hit that wall at about 200+ mph...
    Last edited by Andor; Tuesday, 5th May, 2009 at 09:00 PM.
    -Andor, Grognard

  • #43
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,601
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jemal View Post
    The first terrorist's gun appears in Nightshifts hand
    Let's make it: "...has his machinegun wrenched out of his hands by the blast, sending it clattering all the way to the wall." Though I'll keep the "teleporting to his hand" aspect of it in mind for future uses.

    <Back IC:

    "You get me?"

    The second terrorist drops his gun and raises his hands. Apparently he does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jemal View Post
    Meanwhile, one of the other 4 [pulls] a pistol from his side holster and pointing it at him. The disarmed one likewise pulls out his backup weapon, [...] All this noise seems to be bringing around the 7th, who was laying crumpled by the wall when Nightshift arrived, and is starting to stir.
    "Now, boys,"- he grabs one of Flesh Shield's raised arms and snaps a newly appeared pair of handcuffs on him -"let's not give away our lives over this, alright?"

    <Insert likely dodging of firearm here as he takes a 5-foot step over to the cover afforded by the nearest gunmen still under his spell.>

    "Whatever this is." Another pair of handcuffs snaps into place, this one chrome-shining new.

    <Response terrorists?>

    OOC = Tell me the students have taken the opportunity to skidaddle? If not, insert a forceful if discreet *shoo, shoo!* gesture behind his back here, directing them towards the likeliest exit.

    Actions
    Move1= Infinite Handcuff snare on baddy no 1. Don't know if he needs a tohit for this (with a bonus, maybe?) but here it is anyway:
    roll1
    Baddy is Entangled on a failed Reflex 20 save, immobile and helpless if failed by five or more (say Nightshift has snapped his wrist to the opposite ankle in that case If Nightshift fails to cuff this one on the first try, forget the rest and try again with his other move action.

    Else : 5 foot step to one of the other 3 still under the charm.

    Move2= Infinite Handcuffs on baddy no 2. Same deal with no need for an attack roll this time, I think, but furnished anyway just in case.
    roll2
    DEFENSE bonus: 20 [10 + 3Base + 7Shield power] ---> FLATFOOTED 11
    TOUGH 10 [0Base + 3con + 7Costume power]
    FORT 3 [0Base + 3con]
    REF 7 [4Base + 3dex] (Area effect = no dam on succ save)
    WILL 10 [8Base + 2Wis]
    Voice saves
    These guys all have Wis 14? Bunch of strong-headed SOBs. Got to respect that, of course.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Binder Fred, slowly evening the odds.
    Last edited by Binder Fred; Wednesday, 6th May, 2009 at 02:19 AM.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #44
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Jemal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    PbP boards, Canada
    Posts
    8,873
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    M&MGygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Jemal
    Quote Originally Posted by Andor View Post
    occ

    Edit: (This is the 'angry terrorist' who pissed Roy off earlier... Super-Terrorist's brother.) He's getting up? Wow, and I was worried Roy would have killed him. He did hit that wall at about 200+ mph...
    ooc

    Well, you know how they say 'it runs in the family'?...
    *Wicked GM Grin*
    BTW Andor it's the 'good guys' turn again, Super-Terrorists action has been spent Running to catch up. He blew you a fair way away. Just waiting on your action for the new turn.

    And Binder - They're base terrorists out of the back of the book, PL 4 with +3 will saves. I know that's the suggested for a cell LEADER, but this is a badass organization.
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

    Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

  • #45
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Andor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Enterprise, fl, 32725
    Posts
    3,609
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Andor
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemal View Post
    ooc

    BTW Andor it's the 'good guys' turn again, Super-Terrorists action has been spent Running to catch up. He blew you a fair way away. Just waiting on your action for the new turn.
    Focusing his bleary eyes Roy realizes that the brother loving lunatic is still coming after him. Ugh. Okay, maybe I should get up and OH CRUD! He's still coming? He starts to get up and realizes he's too hurt to move that quickly. He reflexively grabs the brick that bonked him on the head and throws it at the bad guy in a desperate attempt to fend him off.

    occ
    Sorry, I didn't realize you were waiting on me.

    Throwing a brick. (1d20+3=5) ... Too weak.

    Roy will spend a hero point on a reroll. Hero Point reroll for thrown brick. (1d20+3=17) Ok, that's better. One DC25 damage save for a brick to the noggin please.
    -Andor, Grognard

  • #46
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,984
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    Cassandra instinctively flinches when the wall explodes, and hunkers down with her arms going up to protect her head. Debris patters around her, and a sharp eye may notice that several direct hits slide aside before striking her, as if impacting an invisible roof over her head.

    Her desire to flee is given a sharp kick in the teeth though when she sees the kid in the rubble. The back of her head wonders quickly how he'd survived, but most of her was too busy being horrified. The terrorists were shooting at -children!-

    Without thinking, she charges forward, grabbing Roy as she goes past him and hauling him along out of the line of sight of the doorway. Oddly, to Roy, the feeling isn't like being dragged by his shoulder...it's more like something is holding his whole body just off the ground as she runs with him.

    "We have to get you out of here!" Cassandra cries, heading for a corner she can use to get out of sight when the terrorist emerges from the library. "Don't panic!"

    (Force field up as a free, move to Roy, and use TK to move him along with me. I'll HP on a damage save fail that would stagger me or knock me out (or kill me, of course).)

  • #47
    3 rings to bind them all! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Binder Fred's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eastern Canada
    Posts
    2,601
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Binder Fred
    My communities:

    Voice saves
    "Young'ings, let me tell you about the time I battled not one, not two, not three, but SEVEN terrorist leaders all at the same time! It was a tuesday, I think."

    Granted the base +3 Will save, my pesky conscience gives me a wedgy and forces me to point to the "+1 for each previously failed save" bit of the Command Voice power (the cheek!): i.e. +1 on the last, +2 on their next one if I got that right.
    So it goes.
    Active characters
    Antares, an Elven fighter/mage in Gambler1650's Legacy of the Silver Dragon 1 2 (S&S 4th)
    Fastus, blacksmith of flames in Tailspinner's Jade Regent (Pathfinder)
    Midgrim Goldhammer, a hefty dwarven fighter in Imperialus' Dwimmermount Dungeon (L L)
    Memorable games
    Sloor Sanbraiz, a Besalisk scoundrel in Possum's Dawn of Defiance I II (Star Wars Saga)
    Seif al Mariam, a touareg guide in Relique du Madde's Warlords of the Red Sands (PL6 M&M)
    Nightshift, a teleporting security guard in Jemal's Mutant Rising (PL10 M&M)

  • #48
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Jemal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    PbP boards, Canada
    Posts
    8,873
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    M&MGygax Memorial Fund

    Ignore Jemal
    -Bob's Appartment-
    Robert doesn't see any form of surveillance and soon he and Bob are safely inside, wondering what to do next. As they sit down, Bob's phone begins to ring, and doesn't stop.

    -Metro High-
    Gymnasium
    As Nightshift cuffs the two Terrorists, the rest manage to shake themselves free of his control, and retrieve their weapons. As he glances back, the children are still staring in awe, but finally his shooing motions spurs one of them to flee, and the rest follow suit. One of the terrorists turns to shoot, but the seventh, who has managed to regain his feet, growls "NO! Kill this one first." and steps forward. "Where is my BROTHER?" his eyes start glowing red.

    exterior
    Roy chucks a brick with startling speed and accuracy at the SuperTerrorist as he exits the library, and the crowd is treated to the spectacle of a brick shattering against the mans head. He takes one shaking step forward before dropping to his knees, his eyes glazing over as he falls forwards, barely catching himself.

    Roy doesn't have time to celebrate though, as the next moment he finds himself being pulled along by Cassandra.

    Meanwhile, back at the barricade, the cops loose control of the crowd as children start pouring out the front door, and the eager parents surge forward to meet them.

    ooc

    Gym: I'll just start it at +1 this round to keep things simple, thank you for pointing it out.
    Uncuffed Terrorist Will saves (1d20+4=22, 1d20+4=20) that's all of'em free(I ignored the cuffed one b/c he's out of the equation
    The gymnasium how holds 4 armed terrorists and 2 cuffed, plus the Angry Terrorist.

    Exterior:
    Toughness (1d20+7=12) That's bruised, stunned, and staggered for Super-Terrorist.
    Intelligence is the capacity to understand old Ideas.
    Imagination is the ability to come up with New Ideas.

    Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

    This isn't evil! You're just a bunch of NERDS!

  • #49
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Andor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Enterprise, fl, 32725
    Posts
    3,609
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Andor
    "I'm not panicking. *cough* Ow. But watch out for that guy, he can throw explosions from his hands, like invisible grenades or something." He steadies himself on his feet with a grimace. "Everyone else is still in the gym! We've got to help them, the rest of these jerks may not have powers, but they have guns and that's enough."

    OCC: Technically getting to his feet is his move action for this tound.
    -Andor, Grognard

  • #50
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Tailspinner's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,647
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Tailspinner
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jemal View Post
    -Bob's Appartment-
    Robert doesn't see any form of surveillance and soon he and Bob are safely inside, wondering what to do next. As they sit down, Bob's phone begins to ring, and doesn't stop.
    Robert glances over at Bob. "Are you going to get the phone?"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 659
      Last Post: Sunday, 28th July, 2013, 11:35 AM
    2. Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!
      By Jemal in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 387
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th May, 2013, 01:50 PM
    3. Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Cast
      By Jemal in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Saturday, 7th July, 2012, 01:23 PM
    4. Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising OOC (Game has started!)
      By Jemal in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 232
      Last Post: Saturday, 1st August, 2009, 05:35 AM
    5. Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High
      By Jemal in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 775
      Last Post: Wednesday, 29th October, 2008, 08:21 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •