Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Andor, if Shayuri's OK with it I'll allow Cassandra's 'picking you up' to have you on your feet now.. presuming she lets Roy go. ;)
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Powers?" Cassandra asks. She feels stupid immediately afterwards. Of course. That's how this kid came bursting out of a brick wall. And it's probably why he was still alive.

As he starts to struggle to get up, she relaxes her 'grip' on him instinctively, allowing him to get his feet and stand up. There's still a sensation of textureless pressure around him though...something like how a magnetic field can exert pressure without being solid or having a shape. A moment later even that's gone.

"I don't think you're in any shape to go to the gym," she tells him. "And I'm not really..."

The camera! I dropped it right next to the gym!

Cassandra's voice trailed off as she tried to figure out a way to tell Victor the bad news, then imagined his reaction.

"...on second thought, okay. Lets go."

She heads for the gym...just in time to see kids flooding out the doors.

"What the..." With a look at Roy Cass asks, "Are you working in a team or something?" She doesn't wait for an answer though, instead running up to the doors to try to squeeze inside.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
As he glances back, the children are still staring in awe, but finally his shooing motions spurs one of them to flee, and the rest follow suit.

Mandatory military service; he's calling his house representative first thing in the morning.

Rawling's gun is back in his hand and he's moving, but too slow - too slow :
One of the terrorists turns to shoot, but the seventh, who has managed to regain his feet, growls "NO! Kill this one first." and steps forward. "Where is my BROTHER?" his eyes start glowing red.

Ouch. Superbeings all over the place today...

"Care to surrender, Cain?" Gun pointed and braced. Bang.

<Response Cain?>

[sblock="Actions"]Full round= Flesh Wound gut-shot on Shouting Terrorist Leader AKA Cain.

1d20+8=13

Five? FIVE!? <Snap>, Hero Point, my good man.

1d20+8=28 Phew, natural twenty, Better. :p

Uhum : Fortitude Save 25 (20 if not a crit) or be Slowed. Paralyzed if fail by 5 or more.

HERO POINTS: 1 used, 1 left
HEALTH: Healthy
DEFENSE bonus: 20 [10 + 3Base + 7Shield power] ---> FLATFOOTED 11
TOUGH 10 [0Base + 3con + 7Costume power]
FORT 3 [0Base + 3con]
REF 7 [4Base + 3dex] (Area effect = no dam on succ save)
WILL 10 [8Base + 2Wis][/sblock]_________________________________________________________
Binder Fred, attack the head and the body will forget its flees. ;)

renau1g

First Post
-Metro High-

Meanwhile, back at the barricade, the cops loose control of the crowd as children start pouring out the front door, and the eager parents surge forward to meet them.

As the parents push their way through the officers, Gordon rushes foward with them, doing his best to look the part of the anxious parent. Seeing the children bursting from the main entrance, Gordon heads that way, hoping to get inside the building. Once there he will look for a washroom to duck into, there's never cameras in the washrooms.

Arkhandus

First Post
Bob glances at his phone and hesitates, then slowly picks up the phone to see who's calling.... "Uh, hello?" He worries about who the heck would be calling his house when he's supposed to be at work.

Andor

First Post
"Team?" Roy asks to Cassandras retreating back. "No. But *ow* Maybe it's not a bad idea." He sighs and thinks hard for a second then pulls his t-shirt up over his head and tears eye-holes in it to make in an impromptu mask. I don't know if those cameras got a good look at me yet, but if not maybe I can still save my identity. Then wobbling slightly he rises straight up in the air a couple of hundred feet then arcs over the library looking for the brother-loving lunatic.

OCC: I'm hoping t-shirt to mask is a free action. :D

Jemal

Adventurer
-Bob's Appartment-
Phone
As Bob answers the phone, he hears the voice of the agent from Megacomix.
"Please do not continue to run, Mister Reddington. We really would like to talk to you about your.. abilities, and your situation, and we would rather not have to alert the local authorities, not to mention your friends and family, as to your potentially dangerous condition. So, if you and the other man in the room could come back to the store, we'd much appreciate the chance to speak."

-Metro High

Exterior
As the parents rush towards their escaping students, chaos ensues, the police have their hands full trying to sort things out, and the media doesn't seem sure what to roll on. For a brief moment Roy is seemingly forgotten, a moment he uses to cover his face... for all the good it'll do, since his entire class saw what happened in there.
As he does so, Cassandra takes off, charging through the crowd. Shaking his head, Roy hears movement behind him and sees Super-Terrorist staggering back to his feet, clutching his bloody head.

Gym
"sorry to cut in." The voice startles everyone as a Tazer hits 'cain' in the back, dropping him to the ground with a strangled shout. Behind him is standing a man Nightshift hadn't seen a second ago, dropping the tazer and pointing his gun at another terrorist. "Don't move." A man in a suit steps out of the doorway, firing a second tazer shot at one of the remaining terrorists as he moves into the room, pulling out a revolver.
The man in the suit steps quickly over to Nightshift as the three of them cover the remaining three terrorists.
"There's a boy outside who needs your help, back through that hole. You need to get him out of here, before the Agency shows up. I can't explain everything now, but trust me you need to get the two of you out of here NOW. The two of us can handle these guys."

Interior
As Gordon is looking around for a bathroom, he glances back to the doorway and the mob several feet outside of it, and sees two things. The first is an unconscious terrorist laying just behind the door in the foyer, the second is a woman(Cassandra) slipping in just as he had. As she enters the building, their eyes meet, both quickly thinking up ways to explain their presence inside the school. Before either of them can speak, however, they hear a shout of pain from the gym.

[sblock=ooc]
I'm going to assume, btw, that Cassandra telekinetically snatched her camera from the bush as she ran past unless you say otherwise, Shayuri
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Jemal, ah yes, I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks for the catch! :))

Cassandra freezes on seeing a strange man there, but realizes he doesn't quite fit the terrorist profile. She quickly shows him her camera and press pass.

"I'm with the press," she whispers. "I saw all the kids come out, is it over in here? Can I get some shots of the terrorists?"

renau1g

First Post
Looking at the woman, Gordon did he best to look as professional as possible.

"One of the parents hired me to get their kid outta here, I'm Stan, as long as you stay outta my way, I don't care if you're with the Peace Corps, just don't take any shots of me." he says gruffly.

At the shout of pain, Gordon turns to the gym and runs that direction.

Arkhandus

First Post
Bob holds the phone such that his speedy.....what, savior?.....ah, who knows......might hear the voice on the phone. Bob answers "I....don't think that's such a good idea. I don't have a condition. I'm perfectly healthy..... Not dangerous." He hangs up the phone, and pulls out the phone jack so it won't ring anymore. "Maaaan, whaddami gonna DO!?" he groans.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases