Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1

renau1g

First Post
The Crystal continues forward towards the terrorists, his intentions clear. He laughs, well what appears to be a laugh, as the crytalline behemoth marches towards the hole.

Looking at the agent, "Stay behind me, I'll be cover" The Crystal says as he passes by.

Jemal

Adventurer
Metro High

Gym
As the terrorists charge towards the hole, a large table flies in from the library, slamming hard into the hole in front of them. Turning, they open up on the Crystal man, their bullets pinging harmlessly off him.
The Agent, meanwhile, takes his advice and gets behind the Crystal, sticking his gun around him "FREEZE Or I'll let HIM deal with you." He shouts at the terrorists, who look back and forth between each other and the crystal man, clearly scared. At that point, they hear a gunshot from the library, followed by shouting. Then the building begins to shake.
"Oh #$%@!"

Library
With a quick dissapearing act, Nightshift manages to get the drop on his opponent, his bullet catching 'A-bomb' in the leg. As he shoots, Nightshift sees a table fly across the room to cover the hole. His attention is diverted back to his target, however, when A-bomb swings towards him, limping in pain. "I not let you American have him like you have take my sister!" He holds both of his hands before him, palms together, and starts shouting as the building beginning to shake.

City
Bob and Rob zoom across the city, zipping towards the high school.

[sblock=ooc]
A-Bomb Toughness (1d20+7=23) That's a 2nd bruised result for him.

I need to know what Bob/Rob are doing when the get to the high school. Do they run right in? stop for a second to survey? adress the press?

ALso, to those in the library/gym - you CAN hear the shouting from the adjacent rooms, there's only a few dozen feet (And a large table thanks to Cassandra) between the two groups.
[/sblock]

Andor

First Post
[A wooded lot a few blocks from Roy's house]

Roy drops from the sky and slumps to the ground amidst the trees. "Ow. Ow. Ow. What the hell man?" He takes a deep breath and regains a bit of composure. Ok. I'm gonna need to rethink things. I had to fly past those news choppers to get here, what if one had followed me? And how did I get hurt so badly? Urgh. Ok, first things first. Get home without being seen and rest.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Jemal said:
A-bomb swings towards him, limping in pain. "I not let you American have him like you have take my sister!" He holds both of his hands before him, palms together, and starts shouting as the building beginning to shake.
NOT what he was expecting.

Could really use a flamethrower brigade right about now. Failing that... "Here, CATCH!" Three bundled sticks of dynamite sail through the air and roll to a stop next to A-bomb's left foot. TICK goes the attached timer.

[sblock="actions"]Standard=set C4 trigger to 45 seconds (8 rounds).
Move= Toss it. It's not technically a targetted toss, just so A-bomb can see it and knows (both of them) are within the area of effect right now (combination of Drop an Item and Manipulate an Object?). Could have teleported and dropped it just so, I guess, but it's more dramatic this way. :)

If tha's not agreeable, then go with the "teleport and free action drop it at his feet" move instead, please.

EDIT= Forgot the stat block:
HERO POINTS: 1 used, 1 left (for real this time:)
HEALTH: Healthy
DEFENSE bonus: 20 [10 + 3Base + 7Shield power] ---> FLATFOOTED 11
TOUGH 10 [0Base + 3con + 7Costume power]
FORT 3 [0Base + 3con]
REF 7 [4Base + 3dex] (Area effect = no dam on succ save)
WILL 10 [8Base + 2Wis][/sblock]________________________________________________________
Binder Fred, distracting you to death.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=ooc]That's up to Other Bob, since he's the speedster and I'm just the passenger. :heh:

Why didn't the smilie appear?[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Metro High

Gym
As the terrorists charge towards the hole, a large table flies in from the library, slamming hard into the hole in front of them. Turning, they open up on the Crystal man, their bullets pinging harmlessly off him.
The Agent, meanwhile, takes his advice and gets behind the Crystal, sticking his gun around him "FREEZE Or I'll let HIM deal with you." He shouts at the terrorists, who look back and forth between each other and the crystal man, clearly scared. At that point, they hear a gunshot from the library, followed by shouting. Then the building begins to shake.
"Oh #$%@!"

The Crystal looks up to see if the roof is caving in, if so, he yells "Get out, Now!" to Cassandra and the agent, while continuing to be a shield for their retreat.

If it's not caving in, he will rush forward, The Crystal's head down as he tries to slam his shoulder into the target, putting all his massive weight behind the attack.

[sblock=OOC]
If not caving in, Charge nearest terrorist

Attack (Charge) (+2 to hit, -2 to Defense) (1d20+10=15) If that somehow hits, Toughness save DC 27 (I think, it's been a while, so 15+12 [damage modifier]
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

[sblock=ooc]Robert will speed right into the school. Once inside he will put Bob down.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
As the building shakes and there's a scream from not far off, Cassandra remembers something from just a few moments ago. The kid who'd crashed out the library wall. He'd said something about that one terrorist creating explosions out of nothing.

Oh no.

She let the table drop back to the floor, uncovering the hole in the wall. Through it she could see the terrorist, holding his hands close to one another and shouting as if in pain. Meanwhile the buildings shook and hostages ran away and cops and bystanders and reporters crowded around...none of them knew how close they might be to extinction.

The giant ruby man rushes towards him, but there's no TIME. Some other guy throws something at him, but if any of that fails, then he's in position to start killing. They needed a contingency plan.

A sick feeling wells up in Cassandra's gut when she realizes what she has to do.

The explosive terrorist feels the air around him seeming to stiffen and become rubbery, though he can still breathe. Invisible bonds seem to be forming all around him, keeping him from moving his arms as Cass reaches out to try to grasp hold of him...and then with an unexpected burst of urgency tries to hurl him straight up with all the strength at her command!

(OOC - Using TK to try to throw 'A-bomb' straight up through a roof and as far far away as she can.)

Jemal

Adventurer
Metro High
-Interior-
Robert and Bob enter the school, a brief flash and wind outside the only indication of their passing. As they finally slow down, they can feel the building shaking around them, and shouting coming from up ahead. Then two masked men come running out of a doorway screaming in sheer terror and looking back behind them.

-Gym/Library-
Cassandra rushes over to the hole, letting the table drop as everybody looks into the next room.

Seeing that the building isn't quite collapsing yet, the Crystal rams one of the terrorists, sending him flying into a wall to collapse unconscious on the floor. The remaining two terrorists break for the hallway, exiting the gym.

Nightshift looks through the new hole and sees a woman concentrating on A-Bomb. A moment later, the super-terrorists hits the ceiling like a rocket, shattering through it as the library begins to collapse.

"Where's the kid?" The agent shouts to Nightshift, looking up at the hole, then glancing down at the C4, his eyes going wide "What the.." He looks up and is about to say something else when his radio goes off. "This is team 2 to base, we are entering the school."

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry for the delay, got sick yesterday.

Shayuri - Just researched Tk & Throwing. Your TK is perception so no attack roll is required, but you do need an opposed grapple check.
Grapple checks: Cassandra; A-bomb (1d20+13=31, 1d20+7=13)
Hmm.. i think beating him by 18 should be enough. ;). You can throw him up to 2500 feet (half a mile). Since you want to throw him straight up, that's half distance.

Roof Toughness DC 25 (1d20+5=11) hmm.. I'll give it a -1 for the shaking causing structural damage, and POOF a-bomb is airborne.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Jemal said:
Nightshift looks through the new hole and sees [the green-eyed reporter he spotted before] concentrating on A-Bomb. A moment later, the super-terrorists hits the ceiling like a rocket, shattering through it as the library begins to collapse.

Oh.

"Thank you, miss," blinks Nightshift.

Jemal said:
"Where's the kid?" The agent shouts to Nightshift, looking up at the hole, then glancing down at the C4, his eyes going wide "What the.." He looks up and is about to say something else when his radio goes off. "This is team 2 to base, we are entering the school."

Brought back to the present, Rawling springs off his bookcase, blur/streaking to a crouching position next to the dynamite. "The kid flew off." The electric cap comes out willingly enough, dusted with clay-y nitroglycerine. "Is he... likely to come back down any time soon?" A pointed look towards what's left of the ceiling.

<Response Cassandra?>

There's a human mountain of red crystals moving back there, to the apparent indifference of either one!

<OOC> If anyone starts to enter the collapsing library, Nightshift will warn them away with a "Stay back! It's getting dangerous in here."

[sblock="Actions"]Move=teleport to dynamite
Standard= Take 10 on disarming his own bomb = 18.

Nota: C4 is the plasticine-like military explosive that can be molded and shaped. I figure Nighshift has a very limited supply of that one. What he's shifted-in here is three cylindrical cartridges of Orica brand Powerfrac(tm) dynamite, a construction/mining grade explosive that's much more readily available. He's got a few WWII and pineaple grenades in his arsenal as well. Mechanically, they all work the same.[/sblock]____________________________________________________________
Binder Fred, blasting off again?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases