DND 3.5 "Pain Pride and Prejudice" [Interest/Recruiting]

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, it wasn't Michael that killed your clan, then. Michael's slaughter was more of a demonically-empowered solo killing spree, that included some of the townspeople(As victims, not fellow killers).

Theroc

First Post
Well, it wasn't Michael that killed your clan, then. Michael's slaughter was more of a demonically-empowered solo killing spree, that included some of the townspeople(As victims, not fellow killers).

Ah, then Scartail would just use you as an example of why humans shouldn't be trusted. ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Hee...this is taking me longer than I thought. Story of my life these days.

If it's not too late, I was thinking...perhaps a Beguiler, from PHB2?

They're not all that great at blasties though, so if the role of the Arcanist is intended to be launching fireballs, I'll go with a more traditional wizard or sorceror. Please be frank in assessing this, since it would be frustrating for me and everyone else if I couldn't live up to my needed role.

Theroc

First Post
Hee...this is taking me longer than I thought. Story of my life these days.

If it's not too late, I was thinking...perhaps a Beguiler, from PHB2?

They're not all that great at blasties though, so if the role of the Arcanist is intended to be launching fireballs, I'll go with a more traditional wizard or sorceror. Please be frank in assessing this, since it would be frustrating for me and everyone else if I couldn't live up to my needed role.

Well, I'm not sure what Tiali intended for the role, though I do know that we have very little in the way of casters.

Torl(Pneumatik, I think) and I are straight up martial characters, Jemal's mostly a warlock, but they have very specific capabilities, Seamus is a Dragon Shaman, and I don't remember what caster-type abilities they have besides auras... and we have a Cleric(Rungner/Bedford), but he's also part barbarian.

So, I'm thinking controller and blasty are both open... but that's just from assessing the current party members with my limited experience.

Tiali

First Post
when I say arcanist i just mean arcane magics. Warlock, wizard, sorc, beguiler, bard, etc. NOt necessarily a damage dealer, but more so a controller. Someone who can use the arcane wands, and his own abilities to help mold situations into a more party favorable light

Tiali

First Post
when I say arcanist i just mean arcane magics. Warlock, wizard, sorc, beguiler, bard, etc. NOt necessarily a damage dealer, but more so a controller. Someone who can use the arcane wands, and his own abilities to help mold situations so they are more party favorable

Arkhandus

First Post
I *THINK* me and Jemal will have the "blaster" role covered between the two of us.....just not so much right away and only about equivalent to one full warlock or one full wizard between us, blasting-wise. I don't get my breath weapon until 4th-level, but as soon as I get it, I'll be able to breathe out a mediocre line of lightning every few rounds, similar in effectiveness to Jemal's/Michael's eldritch blasts. We won't have any big bangs, but more or less at-will mediocre blasts.

Other than that, Jemal/Michael will pick up a few miscellaneous arcane abilities over time, and I'll get just a few more uses for my Auras. I'll be providing minor healing (more at 7th-level onward), minor skill bonuses to the group, and a minor boost to group damage output. Plus I'm a tank, but with low-mediocre damage output.

Jemal

Adventurer
I think it would help everbody to think of Michael as a Beatstick with a couple tricks rather than an arcanist or blaster.

Also, Tiali - Your IC post states the boy got about 70 feet from the forest before collapsing - About how far are we from him, and how far behind him is the wolf?

Theroc

First Post
Was wondering the same thing about distance. Also: How far away is the inn? Scartail is wishing he had his crossbow right about now, lol. Granted, by the time he'd get to his crossbow, he'd likely be better off charging right in.

Tiali

First Post
ahhh sorry about that :p was a bit tired as I posted the round. (Also forgot to post that it was ready)

The boy got about 25 feet away from the gathering, and the wolf's leap put him about 10 feet outside the forest area (roughly 60 feet left to go to reach the boy). The rest of the little implike creatures are 70 feet from the boy, and 95 feet from you guys.

By their movements, and there eye contact, very few of them seem intent on attacking the boy. Some of them are staring into the crowd, and a few of them are staring your way.

Theroc = The Inn is on the other side of town ; ;

BTW, next round is ready! :D

pneumatik, saw Torl's action, now that distance is relevant, do you want to rush at the boy and girl to intercept the wolf, because that is where he is obviously charging. As it is a move action to get to the boy and girl, you could hold your attack to hit him as he charges.

Roc, just to be clear when Im summarizing round, when you say 'group' are you referring to scartail walking straight towards the creatures? or towards the boy and girl?

Last edited:

Remove ads