DND 3.5 "Pain Pride and Prejudice" [Interest/Recruiting]

Arkhandus

First Post
Actually, no. Masterwork doesn't increase damage. Only attack rolls.

As for natural weapons used alongside manufactured weapons in the same full-attack action: link here.

To quote that section of the SRD:
"Creatures do not receive additional attacks from a high base attack bonus when using natural weapons."

And to quote this section just above that one:
"Some creatures combine attacks with natural and manufactured weapons when they make a full attack. When they do so, the manufactured weapon attack is considered the primary attack unless the creature’s description indicates otherwise and any natural weapons the creature also uses are considered secondary natural attacks. These secondary attacks do not interfere with the primary attack as attacking with an off-hand weapon does, but they take the usual -5 penalty (or -2 with the Multiattack feat) for such attacks, even if the natural weapon used is normally the creature’s primary natural weapon."

The lizardfolk entry only indicates them getting one bite when attacking with a manufactured weapon during a full-attack action.

Other monster entries I've seen around there before only include one natural attack amidst weapon attacks. So actually, in 3.5 I don't think you can choose which natural attack to use in the same sequence as a normal weapon full-attack. In 3.0 it was simply indicated that you could make one natural attack of any sort you had as a secondary attack, during a full-attack action with manufactured weapons.

Tiali

First Post
Still need Pneumatiks 3rd round action for Torl. I will summarize the round from Monster action to monster action once this is received (Sorry pneumatik if this was confusing)

Theroc

First Post
Actually, no. Masterwork doesn't increase damage. Only attack rolls.

As for natural weapons used alongside manufactured weapons in the same full-attack action: link here.

To quote that section of the SRD:
"Creatures do not receive additional attacks from a high base attack bonus when using natural weapons."

And to quote this section just above that one:
"Some creatures combine attacks with natural and manufactured weapons when they make a full attack. When they do so, the manufactured weapon attack is considered the primary attack unless the creature’s description indicates otherwise and any natural weapons the creature also uses are considered secondary natural attacks. These secondary attacks do not interfere with the primary attack as attacking with an off-hand weapon does, but they take the usual -5 penalty (or -2 with the Multiattack feat) for such attacks, even if the natural weapon used is normally the creature’s primary natural weapon."

The lizardfolk entry only indicates them getting one bite when attacking with a manufactured weapon during a full-attack action.

Other monster entries I've seen around there before only include one natural attack amidst weapon attacks. So actually, in 3.5 I don't think you can choose which natural attack to use in the same sequence as a normal weapon full-attack. In 3.0 it was simply indicated that you could make one natural attack of any sort you had as a secondary attack, during a full-attack action with manufactured weapons.

Huh, can't believe I made that mistake with the masterwork... I know I made the mistake multiple times, now that I'm corrected, just not sure which times.

As for the natural weapons, I knew it wouldn't be based on BAB, but I assumed I could just take a -5 for the first natural weapon, then -10 for the second, but if that's not possible fine, just seems odd.

Theroc

First Post
The RNG Gods of Alaria are smiting Scartail! lol

Apparently trying to tank all the imps isn't a viable option for me yet. Just wait until I can wear armor! Muahahahaha! >.>

Tiali

First Post
Sorry guys, my Friday got a bit hectic after work. So I missed the XP and summarizing, Will complete today:

XP For everyone:

0 Combat (Combat hasn't finished)
300 Roleplaying (Great answers and great descriptions)
200 Bonus (Speed for posting has remained fairly constant, and at a decent pace)

500 per person.

Theroc

First Post
I been having same problem, not sure whats causing it.

Fight almost up, the (#) next to names is hp remaining. It took longer than I thought it might.

Looking at those HP numbers, I wish I'd attacked the other imp, instead of the one I've flanked with Seamus. >.>

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases