DND 3.5 "Pain Pride and Prejudice" [Interest/Recruiting]

Tiali

First Post
Not strictly true......my Dragon Shaman's aura of Vigor will give everyone Fast Healing when they're down to half HP or less. It just won't heal them to more than half HP +1. I just won't have any instant-healing until 7th-level (aside from my couple of purchased potions).

That I did not know :p Learn something new every day! (I still need to review the Dragon Shaman class before game starts)

BTW Dragon Shaman has just stepped up a notch or two on my 'Awesome Class Abilities' list. :p

Although the Vigor aura will take some stress off between combat situations, I doubt that (i am assuming 1 tic fast healing) will be enough for in combat. Still though, it will definately make the game interesting, and will take the edge off the healing necessity:)

Thanks for the update Ark.

Theroc

First Post
At this time, we are in dire need of a healer of some sort. No character that I have seen so far can can cast spells, let alone heal in any way short of potions.

In addition to Ark's note on Dragon Shaman, Can't Jemal's Paladin slot healing spells for the party? It won't be ideal, but we do have characters who can heal a bit.

Also, as I said, if Syronus is in a party and feels he'll be there a while, he might seek to fill gaps he percieves in the party. (Most probably by pursuing a few levels in Druid at some point, slotting primarily healing spells in the limited slots he'll have.)

Edit: Just realized being a druid might not jive well with his barbarian/warrior thing unless I rely on improving natural armor rather than wearing medium-ish armor... but I'll mess with that issue when I get there.

bedford

First Post
Would you allow me to take improved grapple instead of weapon focus as a bonus feat from the war domain. in that case i would make a half ogre cleric of war / strength 1 barbarian 1. that way he could be a good grappler and a decent healer meatshield.

Tiali

First Post
Would you allow me to take improved grapple instead of weapon focus as a bonus feat from the war domain. in that case i would make a half ogre cleric of war / strength 1 barbarian 1. that way he could be a good grappler and a decent healer meatshield.

Tell ya what, if you can put this particular change in your backstory, by explaining how he learned the grappling or how his church promoted it, I will allow it. Let me know what about his past prompted him to grapple/wrestle in the name of his god/religion instead of using his gods favored weapon. If you give me this in-game reason, then I will allow the change. :)

@Theroc

Thanks for pointing out the paladin thing, totally missed that. Lay on hands will work decently.

Just wanted to let ya know in case you wanted to change things. Druid wont work for your lizardfolk, your wisdom isnt high enough to support 1st lvl spells.

@ everyone

Rogue's Gallery is up http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/255029-rg-pain-pride-prejudice.html#post4767628 Once you feel your sheet is finished, please post it in RG. Please insert backround as well, for those people who wish to read through your in game adventures. Thanks

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Well, I did save some wealth, if needed Syronus could barter for a trinket to increase his wisdom, or perhaps stumble on it fortuitously during an adventure.

I'd really leaned towards more straight barbarian, but if we end up without a healer, I will want to help out party balance and go a more supporting route(if it's necessary). If we get our cleric and have a Paladin and the Shaman, I doubt I'll need druid spellcasting, lol. Though, Syronus could always simply slot a large number of minor heals(1 HP heal) and use it to help support heal, as pitiful as that may be.

Tiali

First Post
Appreciate the dedication to party balance, but don't sell your character short based on simple party needs. If it comes down to it, I'll put a cleric NPC-1 in, here and there to assist with the healing. Or you may stumble upon the 'chest of lesser healing potions' lol.

Play your character how you want, because in the end, that is what will keep you having fun. So I will assume we have a lizardfolk barbarian for future planning :p

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Don't forget that we'll have multiple people in the party who can use wands of cure X wounds, too.

Or if it's a real issue, I could roll a bard or favored soul. Both would be good at healing and buffing. I guess I could do cleric, too, but having to pick from that huge spell list every morning is intimidating.

I'll try to work on something tomorrow.

Tiali

First Post
Hey Pneumatik dont worry about changing ur char, ur shifter fighter is a good choice so far. I will figure something out to keep hp in pt :p

Creamsteak

Explorer
After looking at some other things and considering my available time I think I'm going to opt-out of this game. I wish you all luck with it.

Leif

Adventurer
Did Creamsteak's departure leave a hole in the party? If so, then I'd certainly be willing to attempt to fill it. The hole in the party, that is. I think my feet are probably several sizes too small to ever fill Creamsteak's shoes.

Remove ads