DND 3.5 "Pain Pride and Prejudice" [Interest/Recruiting]

Tiali

First Post
Sorry Jemal, I was assuming you were more warlock than pally. And eldrich blast was 'at that time' the only 'magic' ability that we had, so i put ya down there. Ill move you to the misc spot as a melee primary for now.

@ shay Which means that yes, arcanist is open :p If you wanna play wiz or sorc, they are open. Not gonna limit it to arcane only, if you wanna play a support or healer, you can. However, main fighter jobs (Fighter pally barbarian knight) I am not accepting any more.

:p Thanks

Arkhandus

First Post
I'll have Seamus' sheet posted in the rogues' gallery later today when I have his background finished. Only stat changes are that I had to lower Dex by 2 since you're not using the ability generation first posted, and that lowers Seamus' Initiative, Reflex, normal AC, touch AC, and ranged attack bonus by 1. Sorry it's taken so long to get the BG done; been real busy over the past several days, which isn't usually the case, so I didn't have as much free time to spend earlier on brainstorming and typing up a decent background.

Jemal

Adventurer
I actually am more warlock than Pally as far as class lvls go (Heck the character starts out without pally lvls, i won't be gaining them till first level up). The feel and outlook of the character, however, is more paladin.

I'll have the sheet posted soon, and hopefully then everyone'll know what I mean. :)

Tiali

First Post
Well guys :p Today is last recruitment day. We will begin game tomorrow, and I will post first post by noon CST (Might even post it tonight before I go to bed).

This will remain the OOC for the game. And I will create the IC thread today with some interesting pieces of info, Like town setting and pertinent NPC's within the town, etc.

If you want to roleplay with any of the NPC's, you may do so, but when the game starts tomorrow, it will be the 'next day' early morning.

I have begun the process of reviewing character sheets, and will post any errors on here by the end of the day. I will start with characters in the RG, and then move onto the ones within this thread.

I will be reviewing stats and skills and such. Equipment not so much, just a quick skimover. But once we start tomorrow, character sheets are set, so if you have any changes or want to purchase more supplies, please do so b4 noon tomorrow, or it will need to be done in game.

Tiali

First Post
OK have went over the following characters, this is a list of things that will need correction.

Torl: Character looks good, however a couple of equipment issues.
- MW Falchion should cost you 375g, you have 425g listed.
- MW Composite Longbow should cost you 700g, you have 750g listed.
- Chain shirt +1 should cost you 1250g, you have 1100g listed.
MW for weapons is 300 + weapon cost, MW for armor is 150 + armor cost. Magic requires MW be applied.
- Enjoyed your backround.

Scartail: Character stats and such look good, but couple of corrections necessary. (Looked over the SRD variant rules on LA buying, I will allow it, but will limit the buyoff to only when you lvl up.)
-Attack adds are low. Melee should be 5 (bab 1/str 4) w/ MW being 6. Ranged should be 3 (bab 1/dex 2) w/ MW being 4.
-MW Light steel shield should be 159g, you have 309g listed.
-You may have trouble being a lizardfolk in a society that hates beastmen, but you should have fun roleplaying it :p Backround is great and will help with your 'blending' into society.

Seamus: Character looks good for the most part, but I'm not done. Don't have PHB2 handy atm so the Dragon Shaman specific things, I still need to look at. So far tho, of what I've seen:
-Stats seem a bit high, You are 2 points higher than start (which I believe you have addressed in a previous post)
-Will review Dragon Shaman when I get home tonight
-Detailed backround :p i like that. I have added Caerston to the map, and it is in the southlands (human territory). It resides in the central province, near the western border. Lach Saarnocht has been added as well. :p

Rungner: Please post in RG if you get the chance.
-Bear Totem Barbarian: DM ruling = switch out Toughness for Improved Toughness... (Any class ability that provides toughness is always substituted for Imp. Toughness in my games)
-Equipment listed (already let ya know this, just put it in here as a reminder)
-Looks good stat wise, although no backround at this time.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
OK have went over the following characters, this is a list of things that will need correction.

Scartail: Character stats and such look good, but couple of corrections necessary. (Looked over the SRD variant rules on LA buying, I will allow it, but will limit the buyoff to only when you lvl up.)
-Attack adds are low. Melee should be 5 (bab 1/str 4) w/ MW being 6. Ranged should be 3 (bab 1/dex 2) w/ MW being 4.
-MW Light steel shield should be 159g, you have 309g listed.
-You may have trouble being a lizardfolk in a society that hates beastmen, but you should have fun roleplaying it :p Backround is great and will help with your 'blending' into society.

Attack adds: My bad... lol, no real excuse, since I added to grapple. Just slipped my mind.
MW Shield: This one was me assuming things. I paid MW weapon price. ~changes~
LA Buyoff: Do you mean I must buy the LA upon hitting ECL 4? I'm slightly confused as to whether you're switching the 'legal' time to buy it off or if you're referring to something else.
-Background: That was part of the point. Scartail views society as more brutal than he is... ;) He might even call them savages on occasion, if he sees a mob-like mentality emerge. I wanted to throw a new angle on it. Your emphasis on beastmen made having a persecuted beastman who views the others as far more bestial then he is fairly easy. Figured it might prove interesting. Unless of course the other PC's all hate him too... that'd make things a bit more difficult... especially since Scartail isn't good with words.

Tiali

First Post
Ive never done LA buyoffs before, but after reading the thing, it seems you can buyoff your LA at anytime, the sooner the better. Right now you are an ECL 3, when you level up to ECL 4, you must spend (ECL -1 X 1,000) 3000 xp to buyoff your Level adjustment.

As far as I understood it:
Right now you are at 6,000 experience points, you will level up to ECL 4 at 9,000. At that time you spend 3,000 to buyoff your LA, leaving you with 6,000 points remaining. 2 Beast hit dice, and the third will be your first class level.

If I am wrong, please correct me, because It wasnt worded very well as is.

Remove ads