DND 3.5 "Pain Pride and Prejudice" [Interest/Recruiting]

Arkhandus

First Post
Although my original sheet in this thread was made with your 80-point rules (and in Seamus' case, stats equivalent to 32-point-buy), I already changed his stats as mentioned to fit normal 30-point buy before posting him to the Rogues' Gallery last night. Str 14 = 6 points, Dex 12 = 4 points, Con 14 = 6 points, Int 14 = 6 points, Wis 10 = 2 points, and Cha 14 = 6 points; 6+4+6+6+2+6 = 30 points.

The only class features of his that aren't explained on his sheet are the details of the aura choices; Vigor gives subjects Fast Healing 1 (so they heal 1 hp on their turn) as long as their HP is no more than half their maximum; Senses gives subjects +1 on Spot, Listen, and Initiative checks; Presence gives subjects +1 on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks; Electricity Shield (the Energy Shield aura) deals 2 points of electricity damage to anyone that hits an affected subject in melee with a natural weapon or a nonreach weapon. Only one aura can be active at a time. The auras work on the dragon shaman and anyone else in range that he or she includes in the aura as an ally. Normally, Seamus would have the Senses Aura active, switching to Presence when he has to deal with folks, Electricity Shield when he's in a fight, and Vigor after he's moderately wounded or an ally is seriously hurt. The auras are not factored into his stats, since he changes auras often.

Also, I forgot to include mention of why he learned the halfling language. Need to add that to his background, but it's the only change.

Tiali

First Post
@ark, ya your right, sorry, for some odd reason i was counting your wis at 12, entirely my bad. Character sheet looks good, and thank you for detail on aura's. :p I havent had much experience with the D.shaman so that has helped explain some things.

@Shayuri, hey thats no problem, I gave ya the heads up a bit late on when we was cutting off, and you have already claimed last spot. We start game tomorrow at around noon, so if you get character up tonight ill have time to review. If not, you can still join, but Ill have to insert your character into the game after start.

Theroc

First Post
Ive never done LA buyoffs before, but after reading the thing, it seems you can buyoff your LA at anytime, the sooner the better. Right now you are an ECL 3, when you level up to ECL 4, you must spend (ECL -1 X 1,000) 3000 xp to buyoff your Level adjustment.

As far as I understood it:
Right now you are at 6,000 experience points, you will level up to ECL 4 at 9,000. At that time you spend 3,000 to buyoff your LA, leaving you with 6,000 points remaining. 2 Beast hit dice, and the third will be your first class level.

If I am wrong, please correct me, because It wasnt worded very well as is.

I didn't fully understand it myself, though it did specify there were certain class levels required to use it. The thing indicated to me I'd need to buyoff at the third Class level, but I'm not sure if that meant instead of hitting the THIRD class level, or instead of the FOURTH. I also don't actually know anything about XP numbers, as I can only access the SRD atm, which won't tell me that.

Theroc

First Post
Well, I'm still slightly confused about it, so if in the course of play, you could let me know the level I need to do that at so I don't pass it, I'd really appreciate it.

Arkhandus

First Post
Once you acquire 3 class levels, excluding racial HD, you're eligible to buyoff your +1 level adjustment. I forget which class you have, but for example, a lizardman that takes 3 levels of Fighter would then be eligible for the buyoff. He or she would pay the required XP cost noted in UA/the SRD, and would lose the +1 Level Adjustment. Since he would no longer have that LA, he would probably still be a 3rd-level Fighter, since his LA required him to earn more XP before achieving that 3rd Fighter level, compared to someone with no Level Adjustment.

Theroc

First Post
Once you acquire 3 class levels, excluding racial HD, you're eligible to buyoff your +1 level adjustment. I forget which class you have, but for example, a lizardman that takes 3 levels of Fighter would then be eligible for the buyoff. He or she would pay the required XP cost noted in UA/the SRD, and would lose the +1 Level Adjustment. Since he would no longer have that LA, he would probably still be a 3rd-level Fighter, since his LA required him to earn more XP before achieving that 3rd Fighter level, compared to someone with no Level Adjustment.

Well, I was going barbarian, but I don't think my class choice was relevant to your example.

So, Basically, once I hit level ECL 6(Third levelup during the campaign/adventure), I pay 5,000 experience to negate my LA, which causes me to then remain ECL 5?

Theroc

First Post
Another question Tiali.

For the purposes of feats during advancement, what books are allowed? The Completes and PHB's I'm assuming since they were for classes, what other books would be allowed?

Or should we just ask on a case by case basis during levelup?

Tiali

First Post
Gimme the stats of the feat from any book and Ill do it as a case by case, I have PHB 1 2 all the completes dmg12, and Forgotten Realms campaign, so if they in there its a go, if not just give me the stats.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
So, Basically, once I hit level ECL 6(Third levelup during the campaign/adventure), I pay 5,000 experience to negate my LA, which causes me to then remain ECL 5?
That looks right to me. Three class levels puts you at ECL 6 (2 lizardfolk HD + 1 lizardfolk level adjustment + three levels), so you pay 1kxp x (ECL-1=5) = 5kxp. That gets rid of the +1 LA from lizardfolk, so you become ECL 5.

Remove ads