Crushing Coal into Diamonds???

Mr.Satan

First Post
Shockwave?

What sort of area of effect and damage would that have?

Could you harm yourself with said shockwave if your damage reduction was insufficient?

What would keep a person from flying back if their strength was sufficiently lower than yours?

Does their body impact the ground or wall they're up against?

Will it cause localized tremors and damage the environment?

Kinetic energy disperses, but when it's sufficient it damages the surrounding area...sometimes more than it damages the point of impact. Hence, the reason for these questions.

I'd love to see the mechanics behind it all.

Mr.Satan said:
Shockwave?

What sort of area of effect and damage would that have?

Hmmm, would require some research but I suspect the kiloton spell in the bestiary would be close to providing answers.

Could you harm yourself with said shockwave if your damage reduction was insufficient?

You shouldn't be able to, no.

What would keep a person from flying back if their strength was sufficiently lower than yours?

Probably a Fortitude save.

Does their body impact the ground or wall they're up against?

Will it cause localized tremors and damage the environment?

Kinetic energy disperses, but when it's sufficient it damages the surrounding area...sometimes more than it damages the point of impact. Hence, the reason for these questions.

I'd love to see the mechanics behind it all.

Maybe the radius (in feet) is equal to the square root of the damage and the shockwave damage is equal to the square root of the radius...?

e.g. 100 damage blow creates a 10 ft. radius shockwave dealing 3 points of damage?

Mr.Satan

First Post
That'll definitely give me an idea of the kind of collateral damage one could expect. I can see why good-aligned gods might choose to fight away from mortals, while evil ones might choose to fight in their midst.

Your average 1st level mortal could not survive that kind of abuse from the shockwaves of two gods beating the Hell out of each other, nor could the surrounding terrain. It's very DBZish.

In fact. I'd very much like to see a Saiyan statted up. Perhaps a basic Saiyan, or even one of the famous ones, like Broly, Goku, Vegeta, etc. They're very much epic level characters, especially since they can destroy planets.

Howdy Mr Satan! :)

Mr.Satan said:
That'll definitely give me an idea of the kind of collateral damage one could expect. I can see why good-aligned gods might choose to fight away from mortals, while evil ones might choose to fight in their midst.

Your average 1st level mortal could not survive that kind of abuse from the shockwaves of two gods beating the Hell out of each other, nor could the surrounding terrain. It's very DBZish.

If you watch movies like Immortals or the trailer for the new Wrath of the Titans movie, then you will see shockwaves given off by certain immortal actions.

Also I remember reading in the Warren Ellis penned Supergods graphic novel that when two f the characters were fighting, anyone who could have watched it would have had their eyeballs explode from the shockwaves given off from each punch.

In fact. I'd very much like to see a Saiyan statted up. Perhaps a basic Saiyan, or even one of the famous ones, like Broly, Goku, Vegeta, etc. They're very much epic level characters, especially since they can destroy planets.

Someone, somewhere must have already statted up Goku in 3E.

Mr.Satan

First Post
:erm: That page is blank. Did you even check the link?

Also...even if someone wrote up the race, that doesn't mean it's going to be at all accurate considering it came from the web. :p

Hey Mr.Satan! :)

Mr.Satan said:
:erm: That page is blank. Did you even check the link?

Also...even if someone wrote up the race, that doesn't mean it's going to be at all accurate considering it came from the web. :p

For some reason the last bracket ')' doesn't become part of the link...weird. Just add the bracket to the end and you'll get the page as its meant to be viewed. :)

Mr.Satan

First Post
:p Well, the link works when you do that, but the Saiyans presented aren't very accurate. Initially Saiyans have no notable abilities aside from their immense Strength (I'd estimate +15), Constitution (I'd estimate +8), Giant Ape form, Tail, and bonus XP everytime they're beaten to a pulp.

All the later abilities gained could be attributed to Monk/Psion levels, except, for the various forms they can acquire...which appear to be class based, rather than racial since many races in DBZ can assume "super" forms of various sorts.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases