Pain Pride and Prejudice

Theroc

First Post
Scartail growls as he begins to slip into a rage at this little beasties, knowing that at the very least, the townsfolk at large had done nothing to antagonize these beasties... which meant they were acting like humans... killing for no real reason.

"CALL THE SSOLDIERSS!" He hissed loudly, for the others to hear.

One of the little creatures attempted to strike him, but it's attack was repelled by Scartail thick hide. Ignoring the creature for now... better it attack Scartail who can take it than the commoners who can't... Scartail roared and drew his masterwork spear lunging towards one of the blackhearted beasts who attacked a defenseless commoner... intent on impaling it and tearing it apart.

[sblock]
Obviously Scartail yelled for someone to get the soldiers... no idea if there's a check needed to place a logical idea in someone's head or not. ;)

Draw spear while advancing to one of the imps who attacked a commoner(nearest one).

Attack with spear and bite
Roll Lookup
Spear Attack 12(ugh) Damage 14(If only it'd hit)
Bite 1(UGH!) Damage 8[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Seamus glances back as an imp runs over and attacks the children, which makes him snarl. "Protayct the children!"

He steps around to help the stranger flank the wolf so they can take it down. Seamus slashes at the wolf's throat with his dagger, ripping into canine flesh and fur with a splash of blood.
[sblock=ooc]Changing position to flank the wolf with Torl. Dagger attack roll = natural 20 for 3 damage to the wolf.
1d20+8=28, 1d4+2=3
Threat confirmation roll...... 16 total to hit, if successful it's a crit for 3 more damage
1d20+8=16, 1d4+2=3
So pitiful for a crit![/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"NOT So fast, WORM!" Michaels hammer slams down, but only catches the thing a glancing blow as it scampers after the children. "OH no you don't!" His eyes glare as he stalks after it, raising the giant hammer above his head and bringing it hurtling down upon the unsuspecting beast with a roar. Any looking his way also note that he is now wielding a large shield of blackened wood with bronze trim.

"Stay behind me, I'll keep you safe!" He says to the children.

[sblock=ooc]AoO vs Impthing (1d20+7=18, 1d10+3=4) AC 18 for 4 dmg. I saw a 14 hit earlier, so I assumed an 18 hit for descriptive purposes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Also you didn't state how far away the children were, so I assumed they were within 30'. If not I'll have to change my action.
MOVE to the imp(Drawing shield as I do so), then use Hideous Blow to add my eldrith Blast to my melee attack.
1d20+6=17, 1d10+2d6+4=16 AC 17 for 16 (Power attacked for one, if you'll notice the different attack/dmg rolls this time)[/sblock]

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Torl appraises the situation. He's helping someone attack the wolf, so he doesn't want to move. The wolf really isn't a threat, though. He tries to attack the imp that's after the boy and girl. If that one's too far off, he tries to attack the wolf. As soon as there's nothing left to attack from where he is, he'll charge the nearest imp attacking the townsfolk.

[sblock=ooc]Torl's attack preferences:
  1. The imp attacking the boy and girl
  2. The wolf (I'll power-attack off the flanking bonus as well, for the same to-hit listed below but an additional +4 damage)
  3. An imp attacking the townsfolk
His attack was awesome: 1d20+7=27, 2d4+6=8. Crit confirm and damage is 1d20+7=27, 2d4+6=11 another natural 20. Well, Torl killed something.[/sblock][sblock=condition]Down 4 hp (three from con loss) and 1 point of constitution. He has 8 or 9 rounds until he has to make the second poison save from the imp poison.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tiali

First Post
Round 2 - Finish

The large wolf lunges at Torl's swinging arm as the falchion swings over his head, and bites down hard. His jaws clamp down on the sword guard, and through the aura surrounding Torl, an electrical charge shocks the wolf. You are startled as the wolfkin promptly declares, "gods damn you, sit still!" in a deep and growling voice. (2)

The implike beastie that was previously attacking Michael, accepts a glancing blow from his maul, as it charges straight towards the fleeing boy. It leaps and stings the boy on the back of his kneecap. He collapses to the ground, and covers the crying girl, in an attempt to stop the creature from harming her. (4)

In its anger, the other implike creature leaps at Scartail's tail as he turns around, but misses horribly. The imp thing sees another opening as Scartail turns and runs to help the people in the crowd. It leaps again at his tail and bites down. (15) (4 damage).

Scartail screams out "CALL THE SSOLDIERSS!" as he charges into the crowd and releases his anger upon the first implike creature he comes accross. In his anger he misses the beast with his spear, and very nearly bites the commoner that it is attacking. He did manage to get the imp's attention.

Michael charges after the imp yelling "OH no you don't!" while at the same time Seamus screams "Protayct the children!" Just as the imp stings the boy, Michael's glowing maul swipes in. You hear a sickning crunch as the implikes creatures bones explode with the impact. It flies off the boy and disolves in the air, covering a commoner standing not to far away in dark green goo.

"Stay behind me, I'll keep you safe!" He says to the children.

Seamus remains in combat with the wolf, and moves to a more advantageous position, and then swipes his dagger, cutting through flesh and muscle. (6) As he looks back, Seamus is relieved to see that the children are alive, and then are being protected.

Rungner chases down one of the imps that passed him, and with an overhead chop, cuts the little beastie in half. Like the others, it dissolves into a greenish goo, and covers the tip of Rugner's sword.

Round 3 - Up to Monster

Startled that the wolf spoke, and relieved that the children are ok, Torl turns his anger fully towards the opponant at hand. He grasps the falchion in both hands and swings with all his might. He feels the blade cut into flesh, and promptly hears a loud thump, as the wolf's head falls to the ground. He then begins making his way towards the crowd.

Looking around, none of you see any soldiers anywhere in sight, and by the look of things, they may not be coming. Your attention is brought back to the fight at hand, as the implike creatures renew their fury.

The little beastie previously attacking Scartail charges up behind him and leaps at his back, and slides its stinger into his flesh, (21) (1 damage) (Fort needed) while the implike creature he just attacked leaps from the commoners back to attack him from the front. (14) (2 damage)

With the excess amount of alcohol in his system, Arthur is having a hard time with the creature he is fighting. He takes a swing at the little creature, and it deftly dodges, and then runs in to bite him. (17) (3 damage)

The imp nearest Michael is frightened by the show of arcane power, and gives off a loud and piercing scream as he begins retreating back towards the forest.

The remaining three imps continue their rampage amongst the common folk of Rawee.

[sblock=OOC]

Wolf = dead
Imp 1-2 = dead
Imp 3 = attacked Scartail with 21 for 1 damage (2 damage)
Imp 4 = dead
Imp 5 = attacked Arthur for 3 damage (2 damage)
Imp 6 = retreating
Imp 7 = dead (rugner's slash)
Imp 8 = attacked Scartail with a 14 for 2 damage (2 damage)
Imps 9-12 = still attacking commoners (2 each)

No AoO's provoked this round.

AoO vs Scartail as you move out of threatened square = 15 for 4 damage.

Need a fortitude save from Scartail.

Remaining effects:
Torl = 1 con damage.
Arthur = 2 con damage.
Boy = 1 con damage.

[sblock=Imps rolls vs commoners]
1d4+0
1+0 = 1
1d20+0
19+0 = 19 3 damage
1d4+0
3+0 = 3
1d20+0
14+0 = 14 2 damage
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
[sblock]
Fort roll
Roll Lookup
4+3=7(UGH!)[/sblock]

Scartail hissed in pain as the imp's teeth sank into his tail, likely adding another scar to the tissue as he managed to penetrate his hide. Pressing onward, Scartail had charged the second imp, only to miss miserably... shortly thereafter, Scartail felt a sharp pain in his tail, accompanied by a slight burning sensation. The Lizardman suspected poison, and could only hope that he could resist it, though he had not developed much resistance to such things.

Scartail now had two imps injuring him, and there were still numerous imps attacking the innocent townsfolk, and the other fighters around seemed to be doing naught to protect them. He wasn't sure how much longer he could continue pressing with these odds, however. It seemed this was the best Scartail could do for now. Snarling and hissing angrily, Scartail turned on the Imp who had chased him down and stung him and attacked.

[sblock]
Turn and attack Imp #3 who stung me
Roll Lookup
Spear: 12 Attack; 12 Damage
Bite: 13 Attack; 8 Damage

Scartail's Condition-
22-7 HP=15 HP
AC=17 (dexterity modifier and natural armor)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Seamus nods approvingly to the other fellow that finished off the wolf, then rushes back towards the crowds. Glancing between Arthur, the lizardman, and the other folks, seeing that the boy and girl are relatively safe for the moment, he decides to help the lizardman first.

"I gotcher back, scayles!" he mutters as he gets close and brings his dagger down on the back of the imp behind Scartail.

He can only hope that his aura, siphoning off a fraction of Krainatherix's unused lightning-breath, was wearing down the beasties that were mauling Arthur, the children, and the crowd.
[sblock=ooc]Moving behind the imp that's behind Scartail, flanking that imp with Scartail, and stabbing down into the imp's back. Rolled a 20 to hit, for 6 damage.
1d20+8=20, 1d4+2=6 [/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
My action depends on wether the children follow me or not.
If they do, Scenario A. if not, Scenario B.
[/sblock]

Scenario A:
Michael hurries the kids after him "Come, I'll get you to Arthur!" as he heads towards the Half-orc, his maul glowing once more as he brings it down on the unsuspecting beastie. "Protect the kids, Arthur. I'll deal with these things."

Scenario B:
Seeing that the children aren't going anywhere, Michael slams his hammer onto the ground, a redish glow filling his hand as he flings it towards the beast facing Arthur, the redish bolt glancing out at the beast "Arthur, This way!" He hopes that his shouting and shooting the thing in the back will distract its attention to him as he grabs the handle of his maul once more.

[sblock=Combat]
Attack roll; Eldritch damage; Maul damage (1d20=7, 2d6=2, 1d10+3=5)

Scenario A:
Walk over to the Creature, use Hideous Blow: AC 16(7roll+7melee+2flanking) for 7 damage.
Scenario B: free action: Drop Maul, use Eldritch Blast: TOUCH ac 12 for a whopping 2 damage. Move action: Pick up Maul again.

In Either case, Michael is at 21 AC with 17 HP.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage

Remove ads