I6: Ravenloft (adapted to 3.x) - OOC Thread - CALLING MY PLAYERS!

Rhun

First Post
Hi all,

I’m considering running the original I6: Ravenloft (to possibly be followed with the running of I10: Ravenloft II - The House on Gryphon Hill), adapted to 3.x by me. With that said, they obviously won’t be identical to the originals. Encounters will be changed, some foes may be swapped out for other foes, traps may be different, etc. However, I am hoping to maintain the gothic horror and deadliness of the original adventure.

I will likely be incorporating a houseruled version of the rules for TAINT into this campaign, as well as a houseruled version of the SANITY rules. I believe this will help maintain the dark, horrific atmosphere that these adventures were intended to have. While your PCs may well be skilled and well learned, it will be assumed that they won’t have much experience with the type of evil and darkness that will be experienced in this adventure.

I want players who are looking for an in-depth and challenging roleplaying experience, and who will be able to roleplay well. Players that can roleplay their PCs getting corrupted or suffering from a loss of sanity, and players that are mature enough that they can deal with PC death, because deaths will be likely. Additionally, I will be making heavy use of sblocks to provide information that will only be appropriate to certain PCs. If you cannot honor the use of sblocks, and your curiosity is so high that you must read sblocks intended for others, please don’t even post your interest in playing.

These adventures will NOT be set in the actual Ravenloft campaign setting, but rather in tainted lands in my own homebrew campaign setting. Their will be some additional houserules that I will make use of. Until I proceed with a recruiting thread though, I won’t bother posting these.

Anyone that posts their interest in this thread will be given preference when/if I post an actual recruiting thread.

So, is there anyone interested in this type of game?

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
A second interested party... I've always loved the concept of Ravenloft, but my RL groupmates never liked dying/anything bad happening to their PCs. Like the time they tried on the belt of giant strength (at least that's what the man in the dungeon told them it would do) and the player threw a fit when he was turned into a female...

Anyways, I digress. I would be most interested in partaking in a harrowing and deadly adventure, where the threat of death looms over my head (after playing a bunch of 4e, I kind of miss that, I've never really felt close to death yet, must be that 33 hp at 1st level :p)

Fenris

Adventurer
I need another game like a hole in the head ;)

But, you really really tempt me Rhun. I6 was a great module, and this sounds great.

Put me down as first alt, if you need me to fill out the party, I am there. Unless I can get my partner in crime interested. ;) Let me move a vampire-phile towards this.

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, I've always wanted to try out Ravenloft, but I've a feeling this'll be another one of those low level games, and I'm having trouble coming up with character's I want to play at low level, which is especially a problem if death is expected (rather than the norm for PBP of characters outlasting most campaigns), as if I have trouble coming up with 1 low lvl concept, what would I do if/when that one character died?

SO, I guess I'm asking in my usual rambling way: What level?

Rhun

First Post
Kinem, Renau1g, Strahd...as always, you guys are most welcome to a slot in the game. I've played enough with you guys to know you are great roleplayers.

Fenris, I'm guessing from Queenie's post that she is your partner in crime? I've not ever roleplayed with her, but I've done a lot with you, and I know you are a great roleplayer, so of course you two would be welcome to slots in this game.

Jemal, I'm not sure what level quite yet, but I'm guessing we'll probably start around level 6. Maybe 7. Again, as with the others, I know you are a great roleplayer.

When I say deadly, I don't want you guys to go into thinking it will be a complete bloodbath. But as noted, the adversaries were meant to be played intelligently. This is an adventure where the enemy actively tries to seperate single PCs from the group in an attempt to feed on the week.

Conversion to vampire, possession, etc are all possible. This is why I said it is important that we will respect the sblock. If a players PC is converted, I'm going to want them to roleplay that new aspect; and their new interests may lie very contrary to the rest of the party.

renau1g

First Post
When I say deadly, I don't want you guys to go into thinking it will be a complete bloodbath. But as noted, the adversaries were meant to be played intelligently. This is an adventure where the enemy actively tries to seperate single PCs from the group in an attempt to feed on the week.

Conversion to vampire, possession, etc are all possible. This is why I said it is important that we will respect the sblock. If a players PC is converted, I'm going to want them to roleplay that new aspect; and their new interests may lie very contrary to the rest of the party.

Excellent... a potential to work covertly from the inside against the other PC's...I managed to get this once in my RL game, the PC wizard decided to work for the BBEG instead of against him (he was a high level politician in the goverment and the PC's couldn't directly move against him)...

Very excited.

Jemal

Adventurer
hmm.. 6th lvl and the possibility of conversion or vampification? In that case I'm gonna have to say interested.

Remove ads