Adventure Poster Maps: Which adventure has the best/most flexible poster maps?

Vael

Legend
While I enjoy and use Dungeon Tiles, when it comes to quick, nice-looking setups, I find I'm frequently pulling out the Fantastic Location poster maps, I own Fields of Ruin, City of Peril and Dragondown Grotto, plus the 4e mini starter maps. I frequently find these maps quicker to use and offer interesting encounter ideas themselves.

So, I've debated picking up one of the published 4e adventures, but aside from the quality of the adventure itself, I'm curious about it's reusability, IOW, how reuseable are it's poster maps?

Jhaelen

First Post
So, I've debated picking up one of the published 4e adventures, but aside from the quality of the adventure itself, I'm curious about it's reusability, IOW, how reuseable are it's poster maps?
P1 has a poster map that should be quite reusable. It depicts two sides of a city wall.

H1 had one new map with good reusability showing a graveyard.

Klaus

First Post
While I enjoy and use Dungeon Tiles, when it comes to quick, nice-looking setups, I find I'm frequently pulling out the Fantastic Location poster maps, I own Fields of Ruin, City of Peril and Dragondown Grotto, plus the 4e mini starter maps. I frequently find these maps quicker to use and offer interesting encounter ideas themselves.

If you have most Fantastic Locations, you'll find some of the earlier poster maps awfully familiar... Specially those in H1.

I quite like the maps in FR1 - Scepter Tower of Spellguard. One side shows a field of ruins and rubble, while the other has a tower with no inside walls, which makes it really customisable.

H2: Thunderspire Labyrinth has a temple being used as a slave pen, a part of a duergar fortress and a large multi-chamber area full of traps and tests.

H3 - Pyramid of Shadows has very good maps: a bluish candle-lit temple, a frozen chamber with lake and treasure and a temple made of skeletons.

P1 - King of the Trollhaunt Warres has a section of a town/city (complete with a wall and gatehouse) and a large underground audience chamber, with mushrooms, river rapids and a throne.

P2 - Demon Queen's Enclave has a section of an underground city carved inside stalagmites with rather thin walls, and a temple complex that might have been seen before in Vault of the Drow (can't recall for sure, though).

P3 - Assault on Nightwyrm Fortress has two sections of the titular fortress (battlements and a tower-chamber), which wouldn't look out of place in Skeletor's Snake Mountain.

Based on reusable battlemaps alone, I'd say the best are FR1, H3 and P1.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases