Siege Of Bordrin's Watch

Velmont

First Post
"Something terrible?" wonder the young dwarf. "How can the orcs be of some trouble when they live on the other side of the mountain range? Isn't the Watch string enough to hold any invasion?"

Baldwin looks around and now perceive the nervousness of many people in the cathedral. "Sorry, I must sound a bit out of touch of the reality. My name is Baldwin. I've been living many years in the wilderness with my mentor, Gundar. You might have seen him, it was the wounded I just carried to the altar. We are living near the Vents, and we are protecting the travelers from the danger of the underground world, and also protect the underground ecology from the harm of the civilization. But something has happen in the darkness of the ground, and creatures living deep underground have fled to the surface. My mentor almost lost his live when we were surprised by some creatures. They were hostile, which is pretty abnormal. Something must scare them, but we don't know what. Gundar thought it would be wise to advise the authorities of the city. Do you know if the high priest would be back soon. I would think he could handle such information. Would the trouble from below would be related to what animate the city?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Perhaps... Name's Gombar, Gombar Firebelly. I think me friend tha priest ain't be around any time soon, but we'll meet 'im tomorrow o' in a few days. He's an old friend 'f mine. Stick with us if ye don't know tha city. It can be a tricky place if ye not have a trained eye fer troubles." says Gombar patting the dwarf in the shoulder with he's heavy stout hand. "Oh and thi's Warrick, an elf." he says pointing at Warrick and raising his eyebrows. "And this is... a furry guy, follower of Moradin. Note the beard. He carries the bad news which Ah'm still waitin' ta hear details of." the old dwarf says, introducing the other two, and waiting for Wendigo's explanation

EvolutionKB

First Post
Wendigo stood, calm, and told his story. He leaves out the carnage he knows he could see in his mind's eye. "I recently returned from Drellen's Ferry. I could see the smoke from the cookfires from a distance. I could smell the burnt flesh on the wind. The only home I've known, was taken over, figures stalked it's courtyard, taller and stronger than the dwarves that had ruled the place." Wendigo pauses, sitting upon the floor, long legs crossed before him. "I know that if I approached, I would be seen and hunted down. I came here instead, seeking help. Upon my arrival I heard of the orcs in the area, the same ones that probably took my home from me. I came to this church to spread the word of the devastation, and to provide a warning."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The subsequent days pass quickly... and all manner of man and woman meet each other, talk, and plan for the war that is to come. It is a time for preparation, a time for all who might offer themselves for the good of the city to make peace with his or her god, his or her family, his or her self. The wars against the orc have historically been bloody, painful affairs, and it is up to each person to decide what he or she is capable of.

On the morning of the third day, all volunteers congregate in the huge High Hall, that lays in the center of Caer Overlook. The white stone walls spread out to a diameter of two hundred feet with a giant dome arching overhead. The dome is covered in a huge mural... an artist's rendition of Moradin's wrath against the primordials, telling the story of the god's gift, the betrayal, the Age of Chains, and culminating in the dwarves' liberation. At the far end of the chamber is a twenty foot high dais, upon which lay the five chairs of the Council of Elders... each of which hold their respective councilor, watching the proceedings below.

Spread out below the dais are several tables, behind which stand numerous scribes, as well as many of Overlook's finest. High Priest Forgeheart can be seen milling about, as well as Captain Maul, standing at attention and keeping a keen eye on those that come forward to submit their names. As each man and woman enters the hall to join the ranks of the city militia, they join up the lines that have formed behind each table. From the looks of things, there are several hundred of you here today.

As the tide of humnaity slows a bit as the room has become fuller, the young dwarf councilor, Elder Cadrick, stands up from his seat and signals for quiet. Captain Maul lets go with a piercing whistle, and soom the din dies down to a quiet murmur.

"Welcome to High Hall, my friends. I am Elder Cadrick. I don't much see the point in bandying words, so I'll lay it out for you. War is upon us. A great host of orcs comes from the west. Their intention is clear. They will come through the mountains bent on slaughter. Those they spare can look forward to a short life of slavery. Overlook, and Bordrin's Watch in the mountains, have long held fast against these raids, but our scouts say never has such an army gathered. Thus, we turn to you brave souls to help defend not only Overlook, but alos all the Elsir Vale."

Throughout his speech, Cadrick paces slightly at the top of the dais. When he comes to an end, he stops his pacing and spreads his arms out and down, indicating the tables below.

"We ask that each of you who are submitting yourselves to this task, come forward one at a time through the lines and give your name and your profession to the scribes. I need to know exactly who is still interested in this campaign, so that I can assign the players as I need and see fit. If you do not reiterate your intention to participate, I will assume you have changed your mind. There is no shame in this... everyone has duties outside of this campaign that might take up too much of your time... so please only give us your name if you really want to participate and see this battle through. Thank you."

And with that, Cadrick returns to his high-backed chair and sits down. And one by one, each character comes forward to state his or her intention.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Nice bit of OOC ICing there. I see what you did. :)

Longer post later.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Warrick Steel, Male Elven Ranger/Avenger

Warrick Steel

The last two days had been difficult for Warrick. The pain had not ebbed, though he did get several hours of blissful sleep the last eve . . . only through copious amounts of alcohol . . . dwarven ale at that. The pounding in his head eased the pain in his heart, but did not lessen the vengeance he wanted . . . needed to deliver.

When the time came, Warrick found himself in the High Hall, head pounding from the din of the crowd, anger at himself for allowing his head to get that way put a tighter grimace on his face. When the call went out . . . Warrick glanced about, then stood up and spoke up. He had no fear, no reservation. Now was the time, his two days in suspension were more than enough to get his affairs in order . . . limited though they were.

As he got to the front of his line, moving through some, cowing others, Warrick spoke up as soon as the scribes eyes met his. “The name you can put down is Warrick Steel. A scout, competent with a blade. I told Durkik I would be here . . . and here I am," the elf stated simply.

renau1g

First Post
Tregar had been waiting for a long time for the others to gather, his own exuberance and dutifulness got him here far earlier than most others. With the human, Henry his silent partner they waited, and waited, and now the time was here.

A dwarf clad in tattered chainmail and carrying a simple iron staff steps forward, following the elf. "I am known Tregar, blacksmith, but I come before you as a servent of the secrets of Moradin. I am a vessel that he flows through, allowing his divine wrath to be sent upon his enemies on this plane. I have a duty to turn back this tide and keep the Soulforger's city safe. " he says quietly, yet full of conviction that there's no doubt in anyone's mind the strength of will behind these words.

Velmont

First Post
Chris Bedrock, Half-Orc Ruthless Ruffian Rogue

The half-orc make a step foward as it is his turn to present himself. He is carrying a brand new mace and a leather armor. "My name is Chris Bedrock. I'm a mercenary. But don't get abuse by my appearance. I hate orcs as much as anyone here, or even more, just for the reputation they gives to our kind." He looks around at the people gathered, his eyes searching for anyone doubting his word, but no one seems to openly oppose his statement, so he step aside to let the next one to present himself.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The old dwarf pushes his way through the crowd, caring little about who did he push.
His stout frame comes out of the mass of people, already wearing his armour, with his shield on his back, and an axe hanging from his belt. His gear has seen better times, although it's craft is undoubtedly excellent.
"Gombar Firebelly at yer service, as he was several years ago, at the last of the horde's attack. Me arts is simple, Ah' chop head's out! And 'fter many years 'f venturin' into the wild, and tearin' orcs apart, Ah' can assure ye, Ah'm yer dwarf! Dunno let grey beard deceive ye, Ah'm even stronger now that Ah' ever was!" proclaims the dwarf as he follows his comrade, and stands stubborn at his side

Velmont

First Post
Baldwin Ironfist, Dwarven Earthstrength Warden

The dwarf looks at the dome and the painting. Born in a small village, he lived half his live in the wilderness. The huge construction, finely decorated was something unusual for him. In two days, he had been amazed by many things, almost scared. He had thought to turn around and return in the security of his small wooden house in the wilderness... but the Vents near there was no more secure. As he had understood, the orc invasion was related to the trouble, but he didn't knew how exactly, that's why he was here.

"Sir, it is your turn." tells an halfling behind me.

"Oh." the dwarf look at the council who stare at him back. "My name is Baldwin Ironfist. I am an hermit that lives near the Vents, where me and my mentor are protecting the travelers from the creature that can come out of the underground."

One member of the council whispers to Cadrik. He looks suspicious about the hermit. Cadrik asks "Who is your mentor?"

"Gundar Jadestone" replies Baldwin. The suspicious member of the council nods approvingly before Baldwin have to let the next person to present himself.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases