Siege Of Bordrin's Watch

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Rubbing at his wrists, Dorn smiles at the dwarf. A summary of perhaps why we are going here would be beneficial. Some of us have been... otherwise occupied... and unable to hear the talk of the town. He looks meaningfully at Wendigo. Oh, and I am still waiting for someone to return my sword...

EvolutionKB

First Post
"Here my friend, is the producer of my halberd. May I introduce you to Tregar."

Henry introduced Wendigo to Tregar. "As you see, he is to be our companion on this quest, and a better I cannot imagine."

"Moradin has chosen well."

Wendigo follows Maul and the others back to the meeting room. Looking over the map, the shifter points out areas of interest.
Some of us have been... otherwise occupied... and unable to hear the talk of the town. He looks meaningfully at Wendigo. Oh, and I am still waiting for someone to return my sword...

"I came back to the Monastery after a pilgrimage. Fires burned in the courtyard and large figures roamed about. It was not dwarves. I fear the worst, and so I came here, only to hear talk of war with orcs." The shifter pulls his spear from his shoulder. "If you cannot find a suitable blade, I offer you my spear. I have little use for it."

The Digger

First Post
Henry helped himself to bread and water before inspecting the map.

"The terrain does not look suitable for horses. They may be of use in getting to the river but once we are in the mountains I do not think they will help. What do you think, Wendigo? You have the best knowledge of the land."

He turned to Galatea "And you of course, my lady."

EvolutionKB

First Post
The shifter contemplates the question, lightly tugging on the tip of his beard. "No, we will not take horses. They could not travel in the mountains. The city will need them."

[sblock=ooc]What time is it. Early to mid afternoon? If we left now could we make it by nightfall?[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
He turned to Galatea "And you of course, my lady."

"You are kind to consider my opinions. I am not a horse rider, and do not think it would help me in travels. I am comfortable making my way overland, and could even, if our leaders so wish," (here she turns to Wendigo), "...I could even lay the trail for us. I, for one, am set to go, whenever the rest of us are. A few hours on the trail now would be a good start. If taking horses to where the river meets the mountains..." (she puts her finger confidently on the map), "...perhaps there is one of this city who could accompany us that far and take your horses back to Overlook. The passage that far should be safe."

Gala has been talking too much, and realizes it. She looks around quickly, and then down at her feet.

Insight

Adventurer
"You are kind to consider my opinions. I am not a horse rider, and do not think it would help me in travels. I am comfortable making my way overland, and could even, if our leaders so wish," (here she turns to Wendigo), "...I could even lay the trail for us. I, for one, am set to go, whenever the rest of us are. A few hours on the trail now would be a good start. If taking horses to where the river meets the mountains..." (she puts her finger confidently on the map), "...perhaps there is one of this city who could accompany us that far and take your horses back to Overlook. The passage that far should be safe."

Gala has been talking too much, and realizes it. She looks around quickly, and then down at her feet.

"Might there be supplies run up to the river?" Gloomblade asks. "I reckon we could hitch a ride with one a them."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The large bell within Caer Overlook begins its toll, and High Priest Forgeheart immediately closes his eyes to give a silent prayer. The bell quickly stops after one ring. It is one hour past high noon. The priest then opens his eyes and addresses Dorn Tirae. "What you are doing, Mister Tirae... is easily explained, although difficult to accomplish. While the main thrust of the orc army will follow the Dwarfroad from the west and try and go through Bordrin's Watch... we have received word that several wings of the force have or are trying to find ways through the Stonehome Mountains itself... through the miles of tunnels dug over the centuries by dwarves or other races. That way they can circle around us all and set up multi-pronged assault."

He glances down at the maps on the table and points with his finger. "One set of the tunnels comes out underneath the Monastery of the Sundered Chain. It's in fact why the the building was originally built there as a matter of fact... to act as a guard and gate. But from what Brother Wendigo told us... orcs have already broken through. We need to know the status of the monks inside, plus close off those tunnels if possible to cut off that method of egress from Stonehome."

As other questions are asked, he continues to fill in what he knows. "The land south of us is somewhat suitable for horse travel, although it is an uphill journey even across the plain. But when you reach the mountains themselves, it's nigh on impossible as Wendigo said. If you wanted to get going now, I can let the guard outside know and they will start getting your equipment in order immediately. And yes, Mister Tirae, we will return all of your belongings that we have in storage. You needn't worry."

When the halfork mentions the river, Forgerheart shakes his head. "The current is much too fast heading down from Stonehome. Boats don't go upstream. At least not as far upstream as you would need to go."

He glances at everyone. "Anything else? Or are you all set to go?"
The dwarf priest takes a few steps towards the door, on the assumption that the group does want to get going sooner rather than later.

(OOC: If enough of the group wants horses, or even just a horse/mule to use as a pack animal, they are available. However, there is no one able to travel with you to return the horses when you dismount as all available hands are going to Bordrin's Watch.)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Tregar quietly awaits the others decision about the animals, happy either way, but after the bell strikes, he joins the priest in prayer, then listens attentively.

The dwarf looks more concerned as the tale unfolds, afterwards saying "It must've taken quite the force to overwhelm the monks there. We must travel with all speed and it seems horses will get us there the fastest so let's saddle up" nodding to the priest as he leaves.

Insight

Adventurer
Tregar quietly awaits the others decision about the animals, happy either way, but after the bell strikes, he joins the priest in prayer, then listens attentively.

The dwarf looks more concerned as the tale unfolds, afterwards saying "It must've taken quite the force to overwhelm the monks there. We must travel with all speed and it seems horses will get us there the fastest so let's saddle up" nodding to the priest as he leaves.

"Aye," Gloomblade says. "I don't care a bit once we get there, but seems haste is the first concern."

The Half-Orc makes his way through the door and outside the building, where he awaits everyone else.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Very well, then," says Gala, doing a half-courtsey, half-bow as she leaves.

When the horses are brought out, she chooses a small riding horse. Despite her earlier words, she easily lifts herself up onto its back. she leans forward, whispers something in its ear, to which -- as if it understood -- the horse does a lively skip, and leads itself in a circle. While she waits for the others, Gala leads the horse to a trough, where it drinks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases