Siege Of Bordrin's Watch - Page 16


What's on your mind?

  1. #151
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    10

    ° Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    Rubbing at his wrists, Dorn smiles at the dwarf. A summary of perhaps why we are going here would be beneficial. Some of us have been... otherwise occupied... and unable to hear the talk of the town. He looks meaningfully at Wendigo. Oh, and I am still waiting for someone to return my sword...
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

 

  • #152
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    My communities:

    "Here my friend, is the producer of my halberd. May I introduce you to Tregar."

    Henry introduced Wendigo to Tregar. "As you see, he is to be our companion on this quest, and a better I cannot imagine."
    "Moradin has chosen well."



    Wendigo follows Maul and the others back to the meeting room. Looking over the map, the shifter points out areas of interest.

    Some of us have been... otherwise occupied... and unable to hear the talk of the town. He looks meaningfully at Wendigo. Oh, and I am still waiting for someone to return my sword...
    "I came back to the Monastery after a pilgrimage. Fires burned in the courtyard and large figures roamed about. It was not dwarves. I fear the worst, and so I came here, only to hear talk of war with orcs." The shifter pulls his spear from his shoulder. "If you cannot find a suitable blade, I offer you my spear. I have little use for it."

  • #153
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    The Digger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    909
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore The Digger
    Henry helped himself to bread and water before inspecting the map.

    "The terrain does not look suitable for horses. They may be of use in getting to the river but once we are in the mountains I do not think they will help. What do you think, Wendigo? You have the best knowledge of the land."

    He turned to Galatea "And you of course, my lady."

  • #154
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    My communities:

    The shifter contemplates the question, lightly tugging on the tip of his beard. "No, we will not take horses. They could not travel in the mountains. The city will need them."

    ooc
    What time is it. Early to mid afternoon? If we left now could we make it by nightfall?

  • #155
    Community Supporter
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Kobold Stew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Funcouver
    Posts
    2,311
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gold ENnie WinnerI Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Kobold Stew
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Digger View Post
    He turned to Galatea "And you of course, my lady."
    "You are kind to consider my opinions. I am not a horse rider, and do not think it would help me in travels. I am comfortable making my way overland, and could even, if our leaders so wish," (here she turns to Wendigo), "...I could even lay the trail for us. I, for one, am set to go, whenever the rest of us are. A few hours on the trail now would be a good start. If taking horses to where the river meets the mountains..." (she puts her finger confidently on the map), "...perhaps there is one of this city who could accompany us that far and take your horses back to Overlook. The passage that far should be safe."

    Gala has been talking too much, and realizes it. She looks around quickly, and then down at her feet.

  • #156
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Insight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,791
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    5

    ° Ignore Insight
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobold Stew View Post
    "You are kind to consider my opinions. I am not a horse rider, and do not think it would help me in travels. I am comfortable making my way overland, and could even, if our leaders so wish," (here she turns to Wendigo), "...I could even lay the trail for us. I, for one, am set to go, whenever the rest of us are. A few hours on the trail now would be a good start. If taking horses to where the river meets the mountains..." (she puts her finger confidently on the map), "...perhaps there is one of this city who could accompany us that far and take your horses back to Overlook. The passage that far should be safe."

    Gala has been talking too much, and realizes it. She looks around quickly, and then down at her feet.

    "Might there be supplies run up to the river?" Gloomblade asks. "I reckon we could hitch a ride with one a them."
    Leaving EN World for the land of novel writing. I'll be back someday.

  • #157
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    DEFCON 1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Burlington, MA
    Posts
    5,716
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

    ° Ignore DEFCON 1
    The large bell within Caer Overlook begins its toll, and High Priest Forgeheart immediately closes his eyes to give a silent prayer. The bell quickly stops after one ring. It is one hour past high noon. The priest then opens his eyes and addresses Dorn Tirae. "What you are doing, Mister Tirae... is easily explained, although difficult to accomplish. While the main thrust of the orc army will follow the Dwarfroad from the west and try and go through Bordrin's Watch... we have received word that several wings of the force have or are trying to find ways through the Stonehome Mountains itself... through the miles of tunnels dug over the centuries by dwarves or other races. That way they can circle around us all and set up multi-pronged assault."

    He glances down at the maps on the table and points with his finger. "One set of the tunnels comes out underneath the Monastery of the Sundered Chain. It's in fact why the the building was originally built there as a matter of fact... to act as a guard and gate. But from what Brother Wendigo told us... orcs have already broken through. We need to know the status of the monks inside, plus close off those tunnels if possible to cut off that method of egress from Stonehome."

    As other questions are asked, he continues to fill in what he knows. "The land south of us is somewhat suitable for horse travel, although it is an uphill journey even across the plain. But when you reach the mountains themselves, it's nigh on impossible as Wendigo said. If you wanted to get going now, I can let the guard outside know and they will start getting your equipment in order immediately. And yes, Mister Tirae, we will return all of your belongings that we have in storage. You needn't worry."

    When the halfork mentions the river, Forgerheart shakes his head. "The current is much too fast heading down from Stonehome. Boats don't go upstream. At least not as far upstream as you would need to go."

    He glances at everyone. "Anything else? Or are you all set to go?"
    The dwarf priest takes a few steps towards the door, on the assumption that the group does want to get going sooner rather than later.

    **********

    (OOC: If enough of the group wants horses, or even just a horse/mule to use as a pack animal, they are available. However, there is no one able to travel with you to return the horses when you dismount as all available hands are going to Bordrin's Watch.)
    Last edited by DEFCON 1; Tuesday, 2nd June, 2009 at 06:31 PM.

  • #158
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Tregar quietly awaits the others decision about the animals, happy either way, but after the bell strikes, he joins the priest in prayer, then listens attentively.

    The dwarf looks more concerned as the tale unfolds, afterwards saying "It must've taken quite the force to overwhelm the monks there. We must travel with all speed and it seems horses will get us there the fastest so let's saddle up" nodding to the priest as he leaves.

  • #159
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Insight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,791
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    5

    ° Ignore Insight
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by renau1g View Post
    Tregar quietly awaits the others decision about the animals, happy either way, but after the bell strikes, he joins the priest in prayer, then listens attentively.

    The dwarf looks more concerned as the tale unfolds, afterwards saying "It must've taken quite the force to overwhelm the monks there. We must travel with all speed and it seems horses will get us there the fastest so let's saddle up" nodding to the priest as he leaves.

    "Aye," Gloomblade says. "I don't care a bit once we get there, but seems haste is the first concern."

    The Half-Orc makes his way through the door and outside the building, where he awaits everyone else.
    Leaving EN World for the land of novel writing. I'll be back someday.

  • #160
    Community Supporter
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Kobold Stew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Funcouver
    Posts
    2,311
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gold ENnie WinnerI Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Kobold Stew
    My communities:

    "Very well, then," says Gala, doing a half-courtsey, half-bow as she leaves.

    When the horses are brought out, she chooses a small riding horse. Despite her earlier words, she easily lifts herself up onto its back. she leans forward, whispers something in its ear, to which -- as if it understood -- the horse does a lively skip, and leads itself in a circle. While she waits for the others, Gala leads the horse to a trough, where it drinks.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Scales of War Part 02 - Siege of Bordrin's Watch Battle Maps
      By nickverto in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 31
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 03:19 PM
    2. Siege Of Bordrin's Watch OOC
      By DEFCON 1 in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 200
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd December, 2009, 08:36 AM
    3. Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Rogue's Gallery
      By DEFCON 1 in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Sunday, 31st May, 2009, 05:07 AM
    4. Scales of War: Bordrin's Watch ?s
      By Tellerve in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 8th April, 2009, 02:01 PM
    5. Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Scales of War Up
      By Rechan in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: Friday, 29th August, 2008, 06:59 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •