Siege Of Bordrin's Watch - Page 17




+ Log in or register to post
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 339
  1. #161
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ø Ignore EvolutionKB
    The shifter kneels into a prayer as the others do. Finally he stands. "I do not know how to ride, but I can keep up if the others think it would be best."

    The shifter moves toward the door, ready to leave.

 

  • #162
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,534
    Blog Entries
    10

    ø Ignore stonegod
    Dorn studies the map a moment then shrugs. Geography was not his strong point. Looks like the others were, so instead he had a bit of drink.

    As they gathered with the horses, Dorn finally saw the dour dwarves bringing him his materials. As the dwarves got close, he gestured casually and smiled as a well-crafted blade appeared without warning in his hand. It sparkled and almost shimmered with a hidden beat. Ah, Shimmersong. We have been apart too long. He leans to the side while he waits for the dwarves to catch up.

    A bit later, after girding up, Dorn continues to lean casually, but this time examining what appears to be a leather bound tome of some sort. Once everyone is mounted, or not, he sits astride his mount and pulls out a well-crafted lute. This should put the march in a step and get us going strong. As promised. With that, for the next ten minutes, he plays out a tune at a strong, measured pace. It is mesmerizing, and soon everyone is walking or riding to the beat.

    OOC: Traveler's Chant Ritual—Overland speed is increased to 2+the slowest member's speed for 8 hours.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #163
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    The Digger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    909

    ø Ignore The Digger
    Henry swung up easily onto his horse. He was not a skilled rider but competent enought for what was needed. What else he was not skilled at was made obvious when he started singing along to Dorn's accompaniment. It took several pointed coughs before he took the hint and shamefacedly stopped.

    "Sorry, folks. I like a good tune but I was not made to produce one. Play on sir, I will be silent in future."

  • #164
    Community Supporter
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Kobold Stew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Funcouver
    Posts
    1,503
    Blog Entries
    1

    ø Ignore Kobold Stew
    Encouraged by Dorn's singing, and seeing that everyone seems ready, Gala sets out.

    She has offered Wendigo a hand, and offers to let him ride with her; whether or not he takes the offer, she sets off towards the Southeast, in the direction that the dwarven guards at the gate indicate.

    She can see the mountains on the horizon, and knows to head in where they met the river. Occasionally she looks back to see if her comrades are with her.

    The horse makes very good time.

  • #165
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ø Ignore EvolutionKB
    Wendigo waves away the offered hand, but after a bit of travel, he sees the speed of the horses after Dorn's ritual. Jumping atop the horse's rump, and bouncing along wasn't comfortable, but would speed their journey back to the Monastery.

    The monk rides in silence mostly, speaking only when spoken to. His thoughts wander to his comrades at the monastery. Maybe his vision was failing him that day. Maybe they would be fine, no orcs in sight. Wendigo doesn't dare to think about things the other way around.

  • #166
    Tregar takes the shortest, most stout looking of the horses, taking any offered help onto the large beast. Like Wendigo he remained silent, although his reason was different than the shifters. His thoughts didn't drift to the past, nor the present, or even the future, but rather Tregar allowed his mind to transcend his body and float amongst the more esoteric places of the plane. A secret he, and a few others, know that allow them to focus their body and act as a conduit for their gods. The dwarf allowed the half-elf's musical notes to flow around him and in him, harmonizing his spirit with the melody of the tune.

    He didn't even notice the discomfort of the ride and remained impassive during any movement, even a particularly high jump from the horse.

  • #167
    Registered User
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

    DEFCON 1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Burlington, MA
    Posts
    5,321

    ø Ignore DEFCON 1
    The party gallops out of Overlook and begins its journey southeast. The sun is high in the sky and the lightest wisps of clouds make their path gently through the blue. A cool breeze wafting past keeps everyone quite comfortable while the warming rays of the sun drop down upon everyone.

    Dorn's tune is a welcomed addition to the travels, as it keeps everyone's minds occupied. With the mountain range on their right and further plains to the left, there isn't much to capture anyone's attention. The music is a wonderful respite.

    For ten miles, you all make very good time. The grasslands are not very high, the ground is solid, and the hills are not very steep. The horses maintain a steady time and steady footfalls. Conversation flows a bit as you all talk about what you are heading into, what you were doing before joining up, and what you hope to get back to once this business is hopefully done.

    After several hours, you hear Wendigo whistle high and loud, and he motions off to your right, up into the mountains. You've gone as far as you can across the plains, and its time to enter the Stonehome itself. The group turns their horses slightly in that direction and you begin your ascent higher into the foothills.

    It is at this point that the journey slows down quite a bit. The grass gives way to rock... a crumbling rock that has seen its share of rockfalls over the years. You each have to take further care in where you tell your steeds to go, to make sure they do not trip and fall. Some of you even climb down from your saddles to lead the horses along yourselves. Footsteps send rocks tumbling down beneath you, clattering and echoing into the air. It is only the start of your hike up the mountain, and already you are giving your position away to whomever might be living up here. It will be long and arduous... what can you do to get things off on the right foot and not see that foot break or get chopped off?

    (Skill Check One: Athletics, Endurance or Stealth)

  • #168
    Community Supporter
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Kobold Stew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Funcouver
    Posts
    1,503
    Blog Entries
    1

    ø Ignore Kobold Stew
    When the ground becomes unstable, Gala releases her horse. She removes any saddle and blanket, leaving them on the ground, the bridle already having been removed long before. With a slap on its rump, she drives the horse into the grasslands.

    Then she turns around, the shale escarpment lying before her, slippery and uncertain. I haven't told them, she thinks to herself. She turns and clears her throat, giving a small tug at the collar around the long pale neck.

    "Um," she begins. "So. This is awkward. I'm going to be more comfortable on my feet from here on in. I hope that's okay. I, uhh, haven't shown you this, but, well... And she takes two or three long strides, like a long jumper might when beginning an event, and leaps into the air, and her forepaws land silently.

    She lets out a quick series of yaps, stretching her jaw, which is suddenly able to open as it should. Her pelt covers the blush of embarrassment that appears, as she turns to the escarpment. The greybrowns of her fur blend into the scattered rocks, and her sure, four-footed pacing allows her to advance silently up the hill.

    [Stealth]

  • #169
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    The Digger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    909

    ø Ignore The Digger
    Henry, starting to clamber down from his horse, stops dead in his tracks as Gala changes shape. The fighter remained, half down from his mount, his mouth open in astonishment, until the horse whinnied and started to back away in discomfort.

    "I'm terribly sorry, lass. I didn't mean to cause you any distress. Here!"

    Henry finished disnounting and, rummaging in his pouch, pulled out a wizened autumn apple which he gave to the horse.

    Then, like Gala, he stripped off the horse's tack and sent the animal on its way back to town.

    "So, we are on foot from here on. Fair enough. I like a good walk as well as the next man."

    He secured his pack and strode on, the haft of his halberd acting as a solid walking staff, his feet sure and steadfast on the rough, uphill slope.

    [Athletics +9]

  • #170
    Tregar dismounts from his horse at the first sign of a difficult ride, sending it back with the others, he was after all no rider. Seeing the transformation before him, the dwarven invoker involuntarily takes a step back and brings his staff up in front of him defensively. Seeing Henry following the wolf brings some confidence to the dwarf and he lowers his head, determined to push his way through the mountains with the tireless work ethic that has made his race accomplished miners and smiths.

    OOC

    Endurance +12

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Scales of War Part 02 - Siege of Bordrin's Watch Battle Maps
      By nickverto in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 31
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 02:19 PM
    2. Siege Of Bordrin's Watch OOC
      By DEFCON 1 in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 200
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd December, 2009, 07:36 AM
    3. Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Rogue's Gallery
      By DEFCON 1 in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Sunday, 31st May, 2009, 04:07 AM
    4. Scales of War: Bordrin's Watch ?s
      By Tellerve in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 8th April, 2009, 01:01 PM
    5. Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Scales of War Up
      By Rechan in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: Friday, 29th August, 2008, 05:59 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •