Siege Of Bordrin's Watch - Page 18




  1. #171
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    Wendigo leaps down from the horse when Gala did. He didn't feel comfortable riding the mount himself, especially this high in the hills. The elf had a way with the horse he had never seen.

    The the woman changes form to that of a hyena, he is momentarily startled. There was a story that one of the monks of the temple from long ago could channel the spirit of an ape into himself. Did Gala have similar power? Drawing inspiration from the silent predator, the shifter steps along beside her, quietly padding along the rocky ground.

    [Stealth +12]

 

  • #172
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    ° Ignore stonegod
    Dorn dismounts, but shakes his head at dismissing it. He might get some good use out of it yet. He kept whistling as he lead it, trying to use its rhythm to help them all endure.

    OOC: Aid Another with Endurance +4.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #173
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Insight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,791
    Blog Entries
    5

    ° Ignore Insight
    Gloomblade watches the rest of the group attempt to handle the situation and has to snicker a bit to himself. The Half-Orc uses his natural skill at stealth and concealment to get closer, hoping he won't give away his position in the process.

    Stealth Check
    Leaving EN World for the land of novel writing. I'll be back someday.

  • #174
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    DEFCON 1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Burlington, MA
    Posts
    5,596

    ° Ignore DEFCON 1
    As the rocks begin to tumble, everyone dismounts and lets the horses return home... all except Dorn Tirae, who has a difficult time letting a potentially useful item just go. With awe, everyone watches the elf transform herself into the four-legged form to which she is most comfortable, and she yelps before bounding up into the rocky formations above them. The other four men look at each other for a second in surprise, before shrugging and continuing on.

    The group hikes up into the mountains as the sun beats down upon them. Dorn's decision to keep his steed with him helps out the group it turns out, because as they pass a small spring full of clear water, they are able to fill a few extra waterskins and let the horse carry them. They will certainly be helpful later on. (Dorn Aid Another Endurance DC 10: [11] + 4 = 15 *success* / +2 to Tregar's Endurance check)

    As their prepare to continue, Brother Wendigo motions for the group to remain as quiet as possible, as these springs are cherished by all manner of animal and humanoid... and who knows what might be wandering about, wanting to drink. (Wendigo Stealth DC 15: [9] + 12 = 21 *success*)

    The druid and the halfork nod, and move out to watch the group's flanks as they move on, sneaking through the underbrush to give them extra eyes. (Gala Stealth DC 15: [15] + 10 = 25 *success*) (Gloomblade Stealth DC 15: [6] + 11 = 17 *success*)

    Henry finds himself enjoying the journey far more than he expected. He's been keeping to himself and his job in Overlook for so long, that he'd forgotten the rush of being out on adventure. His excitement drives him, and he jumps and moves from rock to rock, never a false placement of foot. (Henry Athletics DC 10: [19] + 9 = 29 *success*)

    Taking up the rear, Tregar the dwarf takes things slow, but sure. He's no athlete, but he'll be damned if he lets the Stonehome get the best of him. He whispers a silent prayer to Moradin and then feels his influence inside of him, driving him on. (Tregar Endurance DC 10: [16] + 11 + 2 Aid = 29 *success*)

    **********

    5 Successes / 0 Failures: Challenge Check 1: SUCCESS

    Reward: Additional +2 bonus to any further Endurance checks made during skill challenge

    SKILL CHALLENGE: 1 OF 1

  • #175
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    DEFCON 1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Burlington, MA
    Posts
    5,596

    ° Ignore DEFCON 1
    Dorn, Tregar, and Henry are amazed at how quietly the other three pad their way through the boulders and underbrush. At various points the trio of scouts disappear completely from view, even while one or more of them are looking right at them. It's just as well that the Wanderer, the monk and the jackal move on ahead, because there's nothing to mask the sounds of the heavy armors of the other three, nor the whistling that the bard continues on with to keep their spirits up and inspire the horse to keep moving on.

    Unfortunately, all of Dorn Tirae's inspiration can do nothing to cover or help a freak accident... and that is exactly what occurs. Henry grabs a tree root peaking through the rocks in order to step up onto a small outcropping of stone, when the outcropping suddenly gives way. "Whooooaaaa!!!" he exclaims, as the rocks beneath him shatter and split, then begin tumbling down the hill. Henry is able to keep his feet with no real incident... however, the rockfall comes as a surprise to Dorn, Tregar and the horse behind and below. The steed's hooves land on several of them, and with a sickening thud, the horse falls down flat. It doesn't take a horseman to know that this poor animal is hurting. But what to do? Try to make it comfortable for bit, try and fix what's wrong with it, or put the beast down and shoulder the burden of the filled waterskins themselves?

    (Skill Check Two: Nature, Heal, or Endurance)

  • #176
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    ° Ignore renau1g
    Tregar ducks out of the way of the rocks as much as he can, counting on his armour, strong dwarven work, to protect him from the smaller projectiles. Once Tregar picked himself back up and dusted himself off, he looks back to the Dorn and the horse to make sure they were able to escape the rockfall as well.

    Tregar looks with sadness at the helpless creature, but he also wasn't any expert in tending to the ailments of animals. "I think he's a goner, we gotta keep going. Maybe one of you with a blade can put the poor horse out of his misery. I got no problem carrying more than my share of the load" Tregar says to the others as he kneels next to the horse, pats it once on the neck, and begins loading up the waterskins for the continued journey.

    The inspiration from Moradin continues to spur him on and by his march it seems like not even the Nine Hells would be enough to dissuade Tregar from his goal.

    OOC

    Endurance it is, +15 (+13 normal +2 bonus)


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • #177
    Community Supporter
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Kobold Stew's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Funcouver
    Posts
    2,082
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gold ENnie WinnerI Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Kobold Stew
    The jackal turns when Henry pulls at the root, alerted by his shout, and launches herself down the hill. When she needs to be, Gala is fast. The four-footed beast rushes down to where the horse lies. She sees its great lungs heave as they begin to pool with liquid -- the heavy rasping breath is obvious to the others.

    She casts a glance to Henry, who seems sound and unhurt. Back to the horse. She looks at Wendigo, and lets out a quick lamenting yip. No. I am not a healer. If the creature is to be put down, though, Gala believes she can do it painlessly; she will change back borrow someone's blade, and ease the horse's suffering. If the shifter or someone else can get the creature to stand, though, she can lead it from here on -- guiding its bridle, offering soothing words, helping find it a surer path as the group progresses up the hill.

    EDIT: OOC: Nature +12
    Last edited by Kobold Stew; Friday, 12th June, 2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added relevant skill

  • #178
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388

    ° Ignore EvolutionKB
    Wendigo turns to the horse as it stumbles as falls. "Let me see if I can help. Moradin tests us on the way to my home." The shifter kneels down next to the horse. He was no expert in healing, but perhaps he could focus his mind and determine the extent of it's injuries. Wendigo closes his eyes and runs his hands over the horses side and down it's legs, seeking his minds eye to to find the broken bones or strained muscles.

    Heal +5

  • #179
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    ° Ignore stonegod
    Dorn curses creatively and drops whatever he's holding, looking at the horse. He had a little training in first aide, all ex-members of the Watch did, but it was not quite the same for such a large animal. As he tried to do what he could, he barked at the shifter. Get over here! We'll need this beast if we want to make it alive! Someone's go to help me treat this thing!

    OOC: Assist with Heal.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #180
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Insight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,791
    Blog Entries
    5

    ° Ignore Insight
    Gloomblade looks upon the wounded creature as those companions work to aid in its injury. "Ain't much of a horseman meself," he says. "Best that we take up the waterskins n such. That horse, even if you heal it, ain't gonna be much good fer carryin' packs."

    The Half-Orc begins picking up various bits of skins and other packs from the injured horse's saddlebags.

    Endurance check

    1d20+5=24

    This includes the +2 from the prior round.
    Leaving EN World for the land of novel writing. I'll be back someday.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Scales of War Part 02 - Siege of Bordrin's Watch Battle Maps
      By nickverto in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 31
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 02:19 PM
    2. Siege Of Bordrin's Watch OOC
      By DEFCON 1 in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 200
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd December, 2009, 07:36 AM
    3. Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Rogue's Gallery
      By DEFCON 1 in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Sunday, 31st May, 2009, 04:07 AM
    4. Scales of War: Bordrin's Watch ?s
      By Tellerve in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 8th April, 2009, 01:01 PM
    5. Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Scales of War Up
      By Rechan in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: Friday, 29th August, 2008, 05:59 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •