Siege Of Bordrin's Watch

The Digger

First Post
Henry stuck his head out to survey the scene. "I think we need to get stuck in quickly. I suggest I charge out at the nearest to attract attention and get the orcs up towards myself. Once we get them concentrated they should go down more easily to area attacks."

[sblock=OOC]Just heading out, will post actions tonight.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Tregar's heart stops momentarily as he enters the site of the massacre. His hands clench the staff so tight his knuckles turn white and the dwarf's eyes blaze with anger. He rushes out past the others, all sense of tactics lost on him and he shouts "THERE'S STILL ONE DWARF WHO DRAWS BREATH HERE, COME AND TASTE MORADIN'S WRATH!" as he points the staff and a bolt of lightning erupts from his implement.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: to P9
Standard: Divine Bolts at H9 orc Vs REf; Lightning dmg (1d20+7=11, 1d6+4=8) Hits Ref 11 for 8 damage *So much for that*
Minor:
[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniMe]
Tregar—Male Dwarf Invoker 3
Initiative: +1, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC: 18, Fort: 18, Reflex: 15, Will: 18— Speed:5
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 10/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Vanguard's Lightning
Divine Bolts

Channel Divinity
Thunder of Judgement
Offering of Justice

Summon Angel of Fire
Wall of Light
Dwarven Chainmail +1
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Wendigo hurries down the stairs, pulling a shuriken from his belt. He hurls the weapon at the orc, not seeing as if it hits it's mark or not. The shifter mentally activates his armor, it granting him the toughness of the stone around him. Moving swiftly across the room, he leaps at the orc behind the column, a flying knee towards the orc's face.

[sblock=Actions]Draw shuriken(minor). Move to L10(Dancing cobra move technique, move speed+2) Throw shuriken at orc in L14(+8 vs AC 1d4+4 damage).
Round 2: Activate Stoneskin robes encounter power: Gain 4 THP. Move to F12. Standard: Use Dancing cobra attack technique(+10 vs reflex 1d8+5 damage). I can edit my actions if we are going to resolve one round at a time.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Block]
Wendigo Razorclaw shifter monk 3
Initiative: +5; Low-light vision; Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
HP: 34+5, Bloodied: 17, Surge: 8, Surges left: 8/8
AC: 18, Fort: 14, Reflex: 17, Will: 17 — Speed: 6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Dancing Cobra
Five Storms
Drunken Monkey
Dance of Swords
Harmonious Discipline
Razorclaw Shifting
Fleshseeker Monk Unarmed Strike
Stoneskin Robes
Whirling Mantis Step
[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
Henry raced out from the cell and down the stairs. His javelin flashed out and pinned an orc through the heart but as the weapon spun back to him he exchanged it for his blessed halberd ready to charge his next target.

[sblock=OOC]Surprise round[/sblock][sblock=OOC]
Move to M8. Standard attack vs H9
Ranged Basic Attack 19 vs AC: damage 8
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2168341/
Minor action change weapon.[/sblock]
Without awaiting the result of his first attack Henry rushed along the hall in an attempt to block one of the paths through between the pillars and the great statue. As he did so he espied another of the foul beasts.

Heedless of his own safety he threw himself upon the orc his halberd slicing through the air with deadly force.
[sblock=OOC]First round:[/sblock][sblock=OOC]
Move to J13. Charge to H16: Basic Melee vs Orc at G17
Basic melee attack 16 vs AC; damage 8. marked (if it survives!)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2168363/[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Henry Butcher Human fighter 3
Initiative: +6; Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
HP: 40, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 10/10
AC: 19, Fort: 19, Reflex: 15, Will: 15 — Speed: 5
Powers -
Reaping Strike
Cleave
Brash Strike
Steel Serpent Strike
Passing Attack
[Flesh Seeker Halberd]
[Screaming Armour]
(Haunted Veteran)
Villains Menace
Boundless Endurance[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=Actions Surprise Round]
Move Action: Move 6 squares to O9.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions Round 1]
Minor Action: Draw a dagger.
Move Action: Move 2 squares to O11.
Standard Action: Disheartening Strike (thrown dagger) on Orc Drudge (L15): 1d20+12=15 against AC. On hit: 1d6+4=8, 2d8+3=14 total 22 dmg and Rattling: target suffers a -2 attack penalty until the end of Gloomblade's next turn.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Block]
Gloomblade the Wanderer - Half-Orc Rogue 3
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Ref: 18, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6
HP: 33/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges/Day 6/6
Initiative +5, Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers, Inherent:
At Will: Melee Basic Attack, Disheartening Strike, Sly Flourish
Encounter: Furious Assault, Nasty Backswing, Sly Lunge, Tumble
Daily: Handspring Assault

Powers, Item:
At-Will: Acrobat Boots (Stand up from prone as a minor action).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
(OOC: As actions previous to a PC's turn may have resulted in targets being eliminated, I took the liberty of changing certain movement and target choices to best recapture the spirit of what the PC wanted to do, while maintaining speed of the game. Hopefully this does not bother anybody. For subsequent rounds, if you'd prefer to list secondary or tertiary moves/targets in case PCs previous to you eliminate your first selections, I am okay with that. And you can probably already guess, but the change of a monster's diamond icon to a cross just means they are dead.)

SURPRISE ROUND - PART I

As Gala and Wendigo relay the scene, Henry begins talking tactics and strategy, like the true warrior he is. "I think we need to get stuck in quickly. I suggest I charge out at the nearest--" But before he can get anything further out, he sees the eyes of Tregar the dwarf flare in an absolutely manical rage, his knuckles going white around the stave in his hand, and Henry realizes that a few minutes of strategy just isn't going to happen. Screw it... he thinks. Let's just see how things go. He then immediately charges down the corridor, into the small cell, then barrels down the stairs. And not a half-second following the fighter, the rest of the group charges after him.

23 Henry
22 Gala
16 Tregar
14 Wendigo
13 Dorn
11 Gloomblade
9 Orc Drudge Minions [6]
9 Orog Militants [3]
9 Orc Berserker

Henry rushes down the stairs, pulling a javelin out of the quiver on his back. (Move to M8) As he comes around the giant column, he gives the weapon a heave... and it embeds itself square in the orc's chest. As blood spurts from the wound, the creature gurgles slightly and then drops. (Attack H9: AC 16: [19] *hit* / [8] damage *dead*)

Remaining in her jackal form, Gala bounds down the stairs after Henry, but moves southernly alongside the pillars. (Move to O12) She then sees the orc standing there, taking a piss against the giant column, and she rushes up and pounces upon him, knocking the greenskin down and ripping his throat out with a ferocity that the others would be surprised about. (Charge to M13: Pounce basic attack vs L14 Ref 12: [8] + 8 = 16 *hit* / [2] + 6 = 8 damage *dead*)

Tregar rushes down the stairs as well, but his plan to get the high ground disappears as he sees Henry take out his planned target. Tregar decides instead to move down next to the fighter to try and take a long cross-hall shot with his bolts of divine lightning. (Move to M13) "THERE'S STILL ONE DWARF WHO DRAWS BREATH HERE, COME AND TASTE MORADIN'S WRATH!" he exclaims in his fury, however, as he comes down the stairs, his eyes are inexorably drawn to the two dead dwarven forms lying at the base of the column. That pang of regret is just enough to throw off his aim as the bolt barely misses the orc and it slams into the column next to him, breaking off a piece of stone. (Divine Bolts vs E13 Ref 12: [11] *miss*)

As the invoker curses his momentary lapse, Wendigo hurries down the stairs after him, pulling a shuriken from his belt. (Move to L10) To protect his compatriot, he steps in front of the dwarf and then hurls the throwing star at the orc that Tregar just missed. Wendigo's aim is true, and the shuriken slams itself directly between the orc's eyes. (Ranged basic attack vs E13 AC 16: [11] + 8 - 2 long range = 18 *hit* / [2] + 4 = 6 *dead*)

Dorn and Gloomblade are up next in the surprise round.

round0b.png

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Thanks for this, DEFCON; I'm very happy (especially on a foreign computer) for you to do the rolling for me. thanks. Here's actions for the next round:

Gala has tasted blood, and she feels the charge descend along her spine as she knows that there is more to come. The corpse beneath her right front paw is still making noises, the wound producing a bubbly froth -- Gala has punctured its lung. She knows it is as good as dead, and she tastes an arm sinew hanging from her jaw. Gala looks around quickly, and heads for another, hiding in a corner it seems, noting that the height she gains will prove useful soon.

So, heading towards the militant at Q13, using grasping claws or pounce if possible.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Bounding over the ledge with an acrobatic flair, Dorn draws forth Shimmersong, sending a low hum through the vaunted halls. With a flick of his wrist, he curses the closest standing drudge, his words slashing the orc's simple mind. [sblock=Surprise Round]Move to K7. Minor to draw sword. Standard: Cutting Words G17.[/sblock]Striding confidently to the other side of the hall, keeping an eye out, Dorn flicks his wrist again with more painful words.[sblock=First Round]Move to G12. Cutting Words on G17 if it is still alive, the other minion (B15), or some other target within 10 squares, pulling it towards him 2 squares.[/sblock][sblock=MiniDorn]Dorn—Male Half-Elf Bard 3
Initiative: +1; Low-light vision; Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 12
HP: 38, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 10/10
AC: 19, Fort: 15, Reflex: 16, Will: 17 — Speed: 5
Powers -
Guiding Strike
Cutting Words

Sword Burst
Shout of Triumph
Cunning Ferocity

Slayer's Song
Magestic Word x2
Words of Friendship

Concerted Effort
Harsh Songblade Longsword +1

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
NEW ACTIONS

[sblock=Actions Surprise Round]
Move Action: Move 6 squares to O9.
Standard Action to Move Action: Move 6 squares to O15.
Minor Action: Draw Vicious Shortsword +1.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Actions Round 1]
Move Action: Move 6 squares to Q17.
Standard Action: Disheartening Strike (melee vicious shortsword +1) on Orog Militant (Q18): 1d20+11=23 against AC. On hit: 1d6+4, 2d8+3=[3, 4], [2, 6, 3] total 18 dmg and Rattling: target suffers a -2 attack penalty until the end of Gloomblade's next turn.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stat Block]
Gloomblade the Wanderer - Half-Orc Rogue 3
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Ref: 18, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6
HP: 33/33, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges/Day 6/6
Initiative +5, Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers, Inherent:
At Will: Melee Basic Attack, Disheartening Strike, Sly Flourish
Encounter: Furious Assault, Nasty Backswing, Sly Lunge, Tumble
Daily: Handspring Assault

Powers, Item:
At-Will: Acrobat Boots (Stand up from prone as a minor action).
[/sblock]

EDIT: I used the wrong bonuses for the attack, so I re-rolled them. If you prefer I use the prior numbers, that's fine.

Last edited:

Remove ads