Siege Of Bordrin's Watch

EvolutionKB

First Post
As they all relay the information of their findings, Wendigo speaks to their next plan of action. "Let us head upstairs. More enemies lurk up there, and it would be wise to take them before they discover our actions down here."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Gala trots behind a pillar and emerges as a small elf. She is blushing when she sees she has not been discreet, and adjusts the leather of her armour awkwardly. Her fingers pull through her short hair as she shivers unconsciously. She licks her teeth. "Um, hi." she begins, her arm waving at the elbow somewhat awkwardly -- she is not used ot this body she wears. "Excuse me. I agree with Wendigo. We want to remove the danger upstairs. I'm wondering if it make sense to try to lure some of them down here though. That way it would be them emerging from the bottleneck of the staircase, and not us. If they thought there were only one, or perhaps two opponents, or even some undfferentiated noise, um, like me, I mean..." Her voice trails off, as she hopes she has made her idea clear.

The Digger

First Post
"I think that is a good idea, Gala but I am worried about how little we know. We arrived through a secret entrance, what if there are more of them? We could be here at the base of the stairs and orcs could come from somewhere else to get behind us."

He considered his words carefully "Perhaps someone could sneak upstairs to get a better idea of what's up there? I hesitate to ask this because there's no point me trying to do that" he gestured to his armour "but I don't like to put someone else in danger."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
[sblock=Wendigo] Wendigo, you know that at the top of the circular stair it ends in a trap door that flips open, and which is almost exactly in the center of the large octagonal monastery (directly next to the altar). If anyone is inside the temple, there is pretty much no chance of being able to take the room by surprise (and even just opening the trap a hair to see what little they can has a good chance of being noticed by anyone in the room paying half-attention.)

You also know that the north end of the Hall of Heroes leads to a long series of stairs down into the mountain and all of the workshops and forges for the monastery. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"There's some sort of large cavern to the north. I agree we gotta kill the enemies behind us before the ones before us." Tregar agrees looking expectantly at one of the others to head up first.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Wendigo speaks up again at Gala's and Henry's idea. The shifter shakes his head, his bald head shining in the firelight. "No chance of sneaking up. The stairs lead to a trapdoor that opens to a large room. If the trapdoor so much as squeaked open, we'd be given away. I am no good fighting in tight quarters, so I would prefer to fight above."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Wendigo gives a quick description of the monastery itself that is above them at the head of the circular stairs. The main walkway is a large cross shape with an altar dead center at the top of a dais. The pews all sit about five feet below the giant cross walkway in four seperate pits, and there is a higher catwalk that circles the entire octagonal building. This means that there is virtually not a single place someone could stand where they would not see the trap door rise.

If/when one or more of the group ascends the circular stair, it finally opens onto a platform about 10 feet across, with a small flight of normal steps going up from it to the trap door above. The trap is wooden and about 3 foot by 5 foot in size, hinged to swing upwards and to the east, away from the altar and the two braziers that flank it. Gold and red designs have been painted on this underside of the door, with vines and leaves being the primary theme.

The trap door is the blue rectangle.

sunderedchainwithtrap.png

Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
"Very well." Henry shook himself to loosen up his muscles.

" I presume fast and furious is what we need here. If I scramble up through the hatch and then charge the nearest target I should draw all eyes onto me. Hopefully that will give the rest of you time to get up and check out what's happening. Are we agreed?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases