Siege Of Bordrin's Watch

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Up it is, then," says Gala, her eyes narrowing. The thumb and forefinger of her right hand rub the inside of her eyelids, squeezing the bridge of her small nose, as he neck bends down.

She has made a decision, and her fingers curl into fists, open up again, spalyed as wide as her small hands allow. She shivers, and shakes off her elven form. She is not subconscious about the transformation into a jackal, or if she is she doesn't show it. Yip, yip, she barks, and races up the spiral staircase sliding past Henry -- when he bursts out, she wants to be with him, to keep him covered.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Wendigo races up the stairs after Henry and Gala. Taking deep breaths, he prepares to face the murderers of his people. As they reach the top of the stairs, the monk calls upon the power of his magical vestments.

[sblock=ooc]I'll use the power of my stoneskin robes before combat starts.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Gloomblade, having kept silent during this time in an effort to gauge the bravery and possibly stupidity of his assigned fellows, follows behind Wendigo.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The group lines itself up for their exit into the monastery above... Henry, Gala, Wendigo, Gloomblade, Dorn and Tregar. The fighter at the top of the small stairs places his hand against the trap, the other one squeezing his halberd tight. He glances down at his compatriots and nods once, then with a heave, pushes the trap up and over... the door slamming hard on the far side of its hinges. Henry Butcher then springs into action, rushing up the last few steps into the large octagonal building... and immediately searches for greenskins with which to engage.

One by one, the others follow suit.

(This is the surprise round for this encounter. Everyone is considered running up the stairs and out the trap, finding their bearings, scouting the enemies, and then finishing their move in the direction where they want to go.

To symbolize this, I am giving each character one Move action (no Standard or Charge actions allowed) starting from their choice of O19 or P19. The squares on the dais that have the triangle symbols are considered difficult terrain going up or down. The four sections where the pews are located is five feet below the level of the main walkways, the outer upper ledge is fifteen feet above the level of the main walkways. There are four colors of orc enemies, but for this surprise round I will not describe how they look or what their wield (since the entire action is your characters moving up from the trap and scouting the area as quickly as possible before advancing).

Once each of you has posted your move action and where your character ends up... I will then roll initiative for Round One for everybody.)

preround0.png

renau1g

First Post
Tregar moves into the room and will move behind the altar to gain some cover in the exposed area.

[sblock=OOC]
Move to P18
free action - drop prone.
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Moving up the stairs, Wendigo sees several orcs near some broken pews. The shifter comes to a stop still above them, daring them to engage him.

[sblock=Actions]Move to U19. If the orcs try and climb up I think I get an OA with CA from the orcs climbing.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]Wendigo Razorclaw shifter monk 3
Initiative: +5; Low-light vision; Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
HP: 29+5/34, Bloodied: 17, Surge: 8, Surges left: 6/8
AC: 18, Fort: 14, Reflex: 17, Will: 17 — Speed: 6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Dancing Cobra
Five Storms
Drunken Monkey
Dance of Swords
Harmonious Dicipline
Razorclaw Shifting
Fleshseeker Unarmed Strike
Stoneskin Robes
Whirling Mantis Step
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As soon as Gala pops her head up, she regrets not being more insistent about trying to lure some of the orcs down to where they had the advantage from the terrain. they are all so spread out here, she thinks to herself, as she leaps towards the first orc she sees.

Gala knows that speed is her advantage, and if she can leverage it to advantage, that will be best.

to the trained nose, the smell of orcs is distinctive: you can tell the heirarchy, based on the fear they feel of each other. There is one, perhaps two, in this room who do not reek of the orcish stench of subservience, and Gala is going to make her way towards him.

[sblock=actions]
Gala wants to strike hard and quick. With her move of 8, she can make O12, I think. when she can act, she will shift (to O11) and attack with Predator's flurry, and (if successful) shift five squares to get another attack on P6. She will then have her move action to move towards one of the others (one of the red ones if they look like snipers, or else the light blue one).

If she misses with either, she will use her Elven accuracy, and of course if anyone tries to shift away, her predator's armour kicks in. If she can travel initially to O10, she'll do that (I was wondering about making a leap over the steps, but I'm not sure with the change i altitude it's worth the risk.

Hope this is clear!
[/sblock]

Remove ads