Siege Of Bordrin's Watch

Velmont

First Post
OOC: My bad, I wanted to say that he looked at Gloomblade a moment before he start to speak to Michelle. I must tell it is not clear. He did that because Chris knew Glommblade could overhear the conversation and he was evaluating you before speaking.

renau1g

First Post
"Tregar! Tregar! Open the darned door, will ye. I can see your light, and I can hear your hammer so I know ye're in there."

"I have a little job for ye, Tregar. Shouldn't take long and ye can gat back to whatever else ye have to do."

Inside, Tregar had only recently awoken from his dream, lying on his side and shaking, covered in a cold sweat, despite the relative warmth of the shop. Lifting his head off of the ground, bits of dust and soot clinging stubbornly to the dwarf's greying beard, Tregar looks around confused for a moment.

"By the Creator! Can't people read!" Tregar curses to himself as he struggles to a standing position, his knees not what they used to be. This getting old didn't agree with him, but his mind was still sharp and more focused now than it used to be.

"Alright, I'm coming, hold yer britches" his voice slipping back into the accent that he struggled for years to overcome, hoping to better acclimate himself with this town.

Marching over to the door, the bedraggled dwarf peeks through the window and seeing his guest, Tregar is glad he decided to answer. Opening the portal, Tregar waved in Henry, he knew the individual well, having long heard the tale of the poleaxeman's generosity to the poor souls in the Nine Bells area.

"I don't have much time, but what in the name of the Soul Forger brings you down to my humble shop" Tregar asked the man with respect in his voice.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Warrick Steel, Male Elven Ranger/Avenger

Warrick Steel

The dwarven captain had no more questions or comments, likely uncomfortable with the answers he had received . . . or at least that was as Warrick had thought. Nevertheless, the captain had allowed himto stay on the wagon for the rest of the journey, and surprisingly, nothing else happened along the way.

Warrick had all of his possessions with him, which wasn't very much, but it was enough. The elf had wanted to throw everything away . . . but his training had been too well conditioned in him . . . he was almost always prepared. Bow over his shoulder, twin blades at his sides, a pack on his back and a belt pouch on his waist . . . all were in muted greens and greys, blending in but not standing out.

The ranger did a quick inventory of his goods as he stood from the cart as the vehicle had arrived at its final destination for the evening. Never much for words, Warrick nodded his gratitude and agreement that he would be at the specificed location at the appointed time . . . just as he had relaxed his vigil on the shadows . . . something had emerged from them.

Warrick didn't jump, his only reaction was to place his hand on one of the blades at his side, and widen his vision to include the newcomer emerging from the shadows, perfectly ready to kill it or die trying. Again . . . it was unnecessary.

"Warrick Steel," the elven replied sketching a small bow from his waist at the new dwarf's introduction. "Ale works," Warrick added at the offer. It was a strange sort of circle that his day had taken . . . he had left an early morning ale to ride in the cart, and to the ale he was returning.

Velmont

First Post
I'll need to stay cautious with that girl. thought Chris as he looks at Michelle going back toward Gloomblade. He decides to accept her offer and come back to her. He makes a sign to Sessie and ask for another mug of ale, not taking care of the one he left at Gala's table. "Since when elf and drow chat together? I thought they were enemies by nature." asks Chris to Mivchelle and Gloomblade.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Can you tell he's a bard?

As the sentence is passed down, the ever present smile crumbles a moment. For once, the Liberator of Overlook is speechless. No one would have heard him anyway with the ruckus the announcement made. Women bemoaned his fate. A few were angry or inspired enough to "join 'im myself". But the star of the show was silent.

Still remanded to the court, Darr brooded. Even Big Jack, who know now would be the time to strike, stayed away. It was this way for some time, before Darr stood up on his stool and began to speak. His tone was low at first, but soon it was fiery, impassioned, any no one could stop listening who tried.

The morrow will come, and like all the morns before it, the uncaring sun shall gaze down on the trivials of history. But is it trivial to us? No, my friends! Each day to that that live is a struggle, a struggle for life! A struggle of righteousness! A struggle to make our mark before it is erased from history! All men and women great and small strive to make their place under the sun, be they jailed or jailor. Was not the last King of Nerath a small man who quaked in fear within his heart but charged blindly at the gnoll hordes of the Vale of Crimson? Was not Sir Trakad, drunkard and womanizer, responsible for sealing the darkness at the Rift on the Shadowfell by giving of his own life? The great are small and the low are mighty, and all of us will make the mark history demands of us! So, when the morrow comes, and the sun comes blithely again to gaze down on us, I will look up proudly, eyes straight at the uncaring star, and shout, 'I am Dorn Tirae, son of Overlook, and I am here as history demands!

Borra Proudstone, hidden in the stairwell just long enough, smiled to herself.

WarlockLord

First Post
The drow warrior notes the odd laughing of his strange table companion. Yep, she's the jackal alright. The sudden motion startles him a moment, but he soon realizes it for what it is. It's just ale. Harmless. "To answer your questions: I know nothing about the orc advance save for what the dwarf told me this morning. If you haven't noticed, I'm rather new in this town." He stops, noticing the sudden flood of emotion. She's not a survivior of the Lolthite attacks, is she? Well, there's not much I can do about that, I guess... He notices the rehead's observation of him. "Who's the redheaded woman?" he asks, not taking his eyes off the were-jackal or the redhead. Either one could be a potential enemy. And there was only one way to deal with enemies: make sure they did not live to see the next sunrise. He hoped they weren't. But, just in case, his sword hung loose in its scabbard. It would prove to be an interesting night.

The Digger

First Post
Henry Butcher, Human Great weapon Fighter

"I beg your forgiveness, Master Tregar but I believe my need is urgent. I do not know if you are aware of the call to arms that has been issued this night but I have decided...I have to..."

The big man's voice died away as he sought for a way to explain his need.

"'Tis a long story, sir, but at the end, it is that I wish to join the call-up. However, long ago I gave away my halberd when I left...my former employ. I have this poleaxe which I use at the abattoir but although the balance is very good it is not what I am accustomed to. I was hoping you could perhaps change the head..."

His look was one of pleading and Tregar, nay anybody with an ounce of sense, could tell there was a tale worthy of a bard lurking behind this simple request. It was something in the eyes.

=====================================================

Tresa, Dwarven Devoted Cleric of Pelor

"I am Wendigo but first I must ask you why you turned away the halfling. His ribs could be seen through his sparse clothes. Have you no food to spare for the poor?"

Tresa smiled a sad, wistful smile. "My dear Wendigo, of course we have food to spare for all who ask. And had that poor unfortunate only asked, he would have been fed and, if it was available, I would have found him clean clothes to wear and a palliasse for him to lay his head. And I have no doubt that in a day or two he will be back here and that is precisely what will happen."

Tresa sat down upon the step of the temple door and invited Wendigo to join her.

"Unfortunately tonight food was the last thing on his mind. He was trying to sell you, or anyone else who passed, a powerful narcotic designed to cloud the senses and delude the user into believing he was all-knowing and all-powerful. For many who use it the end result is death."

A soft sniff was heard as she wiped away a tear.

"It is an evil thing and so it is to be fought against wherever possible. The tragedy is that those who use it, and many of those who sell it, are just poor unfortunate souls who, despite all, still deserve our pity and compassion."

"I chased him away to show my anger at what he was selling and not to show any anger towards him personally. And, as I said, if he were to return tomorrow, without the drug, I would clasp him to my bosom, feed him and care for him."

Her voice grew stronger and yet it held an obvious note of sadness.

"I say I, but in fact it would be another of my brethren for from tomorrow I will no longer be here. I do not know if you have heard about the coming orc invasion but I intend to offer my services to the Watch. I will be sad to leave here but my God has made my duty clear."

She motioned towards the still faintly glowing hammer.

"And you, Wendigo, what brings you here at such a time?

EvolutionKB

First Post
Wendigo listens to the priestesses response to his genuine concern. "What you did is correct. You cannot hold the hand of those that break the law, they will not accept help unless they want it themselves."

The shifter sits down next to Tresa. "Enlightenment is sought by many. There are many ways to achieve it, some shorter than others, but they come with risks. Once the halfling realizes this, then he is on his way to true enlightenment."

The shifter takes off his holy symbol, looking at shiny metal, polishing it on the edge of his shirt. "I am here for I seek the Temple of Moradin here in the city. My home has been attacked and I seek aid. I have heard of orcs gathering, they could be the culprit. I fear what I would find should I enter the walls of the monastery."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases