Siege Of Bordrin's Watch - Page 8





+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 339
  1. #71
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,840

    ø Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Ah'll join ye fer a good pray to the Souls Forger." States Gombar "Been a while since Ah stepped in the cathedral. A little religious duty won't hurt" he says. "Wha's 'bout ye elf? Want to pray to a real and masculine God, for a change, HA!" the old dwarf delivers a good slap on the elf's back.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

 

  • #72
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    The Digger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    909

    ø Ignore The Digger
    Henry takes the halberd from Tregar with a hushed reverence. The very look of the weapon speaks of its quality. He swings it around to the guard position, haft up, blade down then, with barely a pause, reverses the swing to deliver a horizontal cut at head height followed by a leg swipe, and a return to guard.

    A tear forms in his eye as he realises what he is holding. "Master Tregar. This is a marvel. I have heard of weapons like this but never thought to see one, let alone posess one. You do me great honour."

    He bowed, hand to heart, to honour the maker.

    "If you will permit, I would accompany you to the temple. I wish to dedicate this halberd to the Soul Forger and to pledge my heart and my arm to the coming struggle."

    ================================================== =====

    After Tresa had pointed out the way to the Stone Anvil she turned and made her way to her lodgings. She washed her face and hands and made her evening devotions to Pelor.

    Then it was time to prepare. She opened the base of her settle bed and took out her armour, checking the links for signs of rust or corrosion before trying it on for size. She smiled ruefully when she discovered her frugal life style had resulted in quite some loss of weight and bulk. That would soon change.

    She dressed herself for battle, carefully adjusting the equipment for comfort and ease of use.

    The memories came flooding back and she tightly shut her eyes to blot out the sights and the sounds that only she could see and hear. Almost did she rip everything off, but her resolve held.

    "You need a drink, old woman; a strong drink." She considered her options. Most alehouses would be busy now but she wanted something more than just ale - she wanted atmosphere, somewhere that had a certain air!

    The Salty Mug! Just the kind of place she needed! Throwing some coin in her purse she set out.

  • #73
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Insight's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    5,791
    Blog Entries
    5

    ø Ignore Insight
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    Chris looks at the two elves who has invited themselves to the discussion. He hesitate a moment and look back at Gloomblade and Michelle. Not sure what to think about these two, he decides to follow the conversation they just have brought. "Call to arms. The only reason I could join the militia for the moment, it is to quit that place and make sure I don't get skinned because I look too much like an orc. Or maybe I could start to make glasses for every citizen of this city, so they can see I'm not an orc."
    "Yer not an Orc???" Gloomblade asks sarcastically, punctuated with a bluish, staccato laugh. "I ain't an Orc, neither, but I shore feel like sackin' n' pillagin' from time to time."

    Gloomblade got up from his bar stool. "On that note, I've probably had enough o' the hard stuff for tonight. I don't wanna find meself facedown in a pool o' me own sick in the morn. Besides, I've much o' the town ta check out. I ain't been here more'n ten minute afore I spied this Salty Hog... if that's the name... I fergit."

    He looks at Michelle and Chris. "I don't s'pose either of you upstandin' citizens would care ta take this repentent scallawag on a tour of this fine town..."
    Leaving EN World for the land of novel writing. I'll be back someday.

  • #74
    I aim to misbehave
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Keia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    On the raggedy edge
    Posts
    8,630

    ø Ignore Keia

    Warrick Steel, Male Elven Ranger/Avenger

    Warrick Steel

    Warrick glanced from Durkik to Gombar as the question loomed about the Stone Hall. He had been there before, and to Warrick, the structure seemed designed to be oppressive to non-dwarves. He started to nod his head, to agree with the Captain, when Gombar started in on his boasts.

    The elf took an involuntary step forward from the heavy slap to his back, his bow slapping against his back as he stablized. "My cathedral is always around," Warrick offered softly, "I can spend time in yours as well."

  • #75
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,840

    ø Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Tha's thi staff!" the dwarf starts to stomp towards the cathedral "Ha!" he laughs good hearted. "Tha's the kind 'f elf Ah like" he says pointing at Warrick with his thumb.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    Once at the door, he looked around, and ask at the first person he saw "Sorry, where I can find the healers in the Cathedral."
    His eyes open as she hears the stranger’s voice. Finding himself sitting on the steps at the entrance of a looming structure, she rises, his body responding in unfamiliar ways. Looking down at the dyed scraps of boiled leather covering her body he draws himself to her full height. Reflexively brushing her long white hair out of her face, he stops mid-way through the action, her brow furrowing.
    Remembering that he was asked a question, he moves her unexpectedly full lips to form the answer:
    “I’m sorry,”
    Her voice cracking slightly,
    “I can’t help you, I have no idea….”
    A crease appears on her smooth forehead as her tongue began to move,
    “At the far end, by the altar, good sir.”
    In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play

  • #77
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    ø Ignore Velmont
    "Thanks." answers Baldwin. As he takes a further step, his legs weaken and fall on his knee. He could see the destination. So near, but he felt so tired and exhausted that he felt he couldn't reach it now. How could he have done such a distance carrying his friend and now failing so near of the goal.

    "I... I am tired, could you please lend me an hand to carry my mentor to the altar." asks Baldwin.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #78
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    ø Ignore Velmont
    "Stealing, for survival, it's fair enough. Destroying a whole village, killing men, women and kids just to have some loots is far behind the line I won't cross. The life is hard, people are not always generous and gentle. Sometimes, the stronger will impose his rule, but that's the way it is." replies Chris to Gloomblade.

    "Citizen? Ah! Nice one. I've been here for a month, I am far from gaining my citizenship... but if you want a tour, Michelle seems more the person you want."
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    "I... I am tired, could you please lend me an hand to carry my mentor to the altar." asks Baldwin.
    Looking at the dwarf, he hesitates,
    Damn, was it always this hard?
    she thought. She couldn’t remember. Over the wounded one she sees himself. He gestures to her, indicating to her to help. Moving swiftly he…
    She, dammit, she
    …she slides a lithe arm under the wounded dwarf, taking his weight. The deva rises smoothly to a comfortable height for the other dwarf and looks to him with her ice blue eyes,
    “Of course, good sir. It would be my pleasure. You look in need of rest yourself. I am,”
    A crease appears on her smooth forehead,
    “AltheaKalvinOrdonRelusAzyth…”
    Her full lips pull into a smile as she opens the door to the cathedral,
    “…call me Akora.”
    Watching herself go, her round hips swaying, Kalvin’s mouth pulled into a crooked smile.
    He would guide her, as Ordon had guided him before, along with the spirits of a thousand lifetimes...
    In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play

  • #80
    Quote Originally Posted by The Digger View Post
    Henry takes the halberd from Tregar with a hushed reverence. The very look of the weapon speaks of its quality. He swings it around to the guard position, haft up, blade down then, with barely a pause, reverses the swing to deliver a horizontal cut at head height followed by a leg swipe, and a return to guard.

    A tear forms in his eye as he realises what he is holding. "Master Tregar. This is a marvel. I have heard of weapons like this but never thought to see one, let alone posess one. You do me great honour."

    He bowed, hand to heart, to honour the maker.

    "If you will permit, I would accompany you to the temple. I wish to dedicate this halberd to the Soul Forger and to pledge my heart and my arm to the coming struggle."

    [COLOR=#ffff00
    Tregar nods and says, "Yes, let's go with haste" as he closes the door behind him, locking the smithy up and marching to the temple.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Scales of War Part 02 - Siege of Bordrin's Watch Battle Maps
      By nickverto in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 31
      Last Post: Wednesday, 31st July, 2013, 02:19 PM
    2. Siege Of Bordrin's Watch OOC
      By DEFCON 1 in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 200
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd December, 2009, 07:36 AM
    3. Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Rogue's Gallery
      By DEFCON 1 in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Sunday, 31st May, 2009, 04:07 AM
    4. Scales of War: Bordrin's Watch ?s
      By Tellerve in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 8th April, 2009, 01:01 PM
    5. Siege of Bordrin's Watch - Scales of War Up
      By Rechan in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: Friday, 29th August, 2008, 05:59 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •