Move action to reload weapon.

[B]Languages:[/B] Celestial, Common, Draconic, Ignan, Infernal 

[B]Abilities:[/B] 

[B]Feats: [/B] 
Skill Focus (Use Magic Device) - 1st  
Exotic Weapon Prof (Firearms) - Human Bonus
Scribe Scroll - Class Bonus - level 1 
Brew Potion - Class Bonus - level 2

[B]Code: (total Skill Points: 4+4(int)+1(human)x5 = 45)

Skill     Ability             Misc. 
Skill Name 	          Modifier   Modifier   Ranks    Modifier
Appraise		     +6	       	+4        2           
Concentration                +6        	+1        5 
Craft (Alchemy)              +8       	+4        4        +2 [MW Tools] 
Craft (Metal-Working)        +8       	+4        4        +2 [MW Tools] 
Craft (Weaponsmithing)       +8       	+4        4         +2 [MW Tools] 
Disable Device               +5	      	+4	  1
Knowledge (Arcana)           +9      	+4	  5       
Knowledge (Architecture)     +6 	+4	  2 	  
Knowledge (Planes)           +7 	+4	  3	 
Open Lock		     +2		+1	  1
Search			     +8		+4	  4	
Spellcraft		     +11	+4	  5       +2 [Knowledge, arcane] 
Use Magic Device	     +11	+3	  5	  +3 (Skill Focus)

[B]Notes:[/B]

[B]Equipment:				Cost	Weight[/B]
Blunderbuss, masterwork*                       283 gp    5lbs
50 bulllets*				5 gp	 5 lbs
Mithril Chain Shirt*			367 gp	12.5 lbs
Artificer Tools, masterwork		55 gp	 5.0lb
Spell Component Pouch                     5 gp      2.0 lbs
Ointment (for enhancement infusions)  140gp	-		 
Pearls (for 2 x[I]Identify[/I])                  200gp    -

[B]Total Weight:[/B]29.5lbs	[B]Money:[/B] 4gp Xsp Xcp

[B]		Lgt	Med	Hvy	Lift	Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]	30	60	90	180	450

Infusions/day:
1st - 3 + 1(High Int)

[sblock=Crafting Log]
1 - Blunderbuss* (aka Shotgun from DMG) - 5500 sp -
*Will take 10 on craft checks, which would be enough to hit DC 20*
Complete - Total cost = 1/3*550gp = 183 gp

Crafting Bullets: 30sp for 10 bullets
*Taking 10*
All successes (DC10), gain 50 bullets, costs 5gp
Mithril Chain Shirt - 11000 sp - Cost is 366.67 gp for raw materials - DC 20
*Will take 10 on the checks*
[/sblock]

[sblock=DM Essay]
To Whom it May Concern,

I have heard through my contacts in House Thuranni that you are currently accepting new students. I don't ask how they acquire their information only that it is accurate. If this be the case than I humbly offer myself as a new student of your grand institution. I am a tinker, a craftsman, a skilled artisan of things both mundane and magical. My peers think me queer, but they truly don't understand my talents, nor my predisposition towards crafting. I know I would be an asset to the school and I truly desire to see the wonders of your location. I know that interactions with various creatures from different planes would teach me some new methods of creating items and it is my life goal to one day craft my own sky ship.

I have spent the last 5 years or so refining my knowledge and have reached the limit of what I can accomplish here. My House will have nothing to do with and would be quite pleased to see me gone for an extended period of time. I have no desire to remain with these individuals any longer and waste my talent. I have spent much time learning languages of different planar creatures to aid in my interactions with fellow students. I can speak with the creatures of both good and evil planes as well as the watchers of neutrality in the cosmos, the Modron. I can even speak with creatures of draconic background, or of a magical nature.

Please contact me at your first opportunity if I meet your high standards and know that I won't let you down

Sincerely,

Zero, Artificer

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
[sblock=Sir Jamien de Chartes]
Sir Jamien de Chartes

Lawful Good Male Human Knight 2

Patron Deity: Torm

EXP: 2,000

Strength
18 (+4)
Dexterity 14 (+2)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 8 (-1)
Charisma 12 (+1)

Size: Medium
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 168 lb
Eyes: Light blue
Hair: Golden Blonde
Skin: Fair

[sblock=Appearance]
An average sized lad with a charming smile and long golden hair flowing in locks down to his shoulders. Jamien is well built and athletic, despite his youth, and he carries himself with confidence and gallant manners.

He is cheerful and good tempered, but does not hesitate to answer challenges or issue them, if his honor is at stake, or to protect an innocent.

The lad possesses an aura of chivalry and skill, that is unusual for one of his age, and his soft voice has mellowed many a heart, some of which of much older ladies.
[/sblock]

Total Hit Points: 28

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 19 = 10 +5 [Chainmail] + 2 [dexterity] + 2 [Shield, heavy steel]

Touch AC: 12
Flat-footed: 17

Special: Fighting Challange +1, Knight's Challange, Knight's Code, Shield Block +1

Initiative modifier: + 2 = + 2 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: + 2 = 0 [base] + 2 [constitution]
Reflex save: + 2 = 0 [base] + 2 [dexterity]
Will save: + 2 = 3 [base] - 1 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): + 6 = 2 [base] + 4 [strength]
Attack (missile): + 4 = 2 [base] + 2 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +6 = 2 [base] + 4 [strength]

Light load:100 lb.
Medium load:101-200 lb.
Heavy load: 201-300 lb.
Lift over head: - 300 lb.
Lift off ground: - 600 lb.
Push or drag: - 1500 lb.

Languages: Common

[sblock=Feats]
Power Attack
Cleave (Human bonus feat)
Mounted Combat (Knight bonus feat)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Skills]
Appraise + 0 = 0 [Int]
Balance + 2 = 2 [Dex]
Bluff + 2 = + 2 [Cha]
Climb + 4 = 4 [Str]
Concentration + 2 = 2 [Con]
Craft + 0 = + 0 [Int]
Diplomacy + 2 = 2 [Cha]
Disguise + 2 = 2 [Cha]
Escape Artist + 2 = 2 [Dex]
Forgery + 0 = 0 [Int]
Gather Information + 2 = 2 [Cha]
Handle Animal + 7 = 5 [base] + 2 [Cha]
Heal - 1 = - 1 [Wis]
Hide + 2 = 2 [Dex]
Intimidate + 2 = + 2 [Cha]
Jump + 4 = 2 [Str]
Knowledge (Nobility and Royalty) + 5 = 5 [base]
Listen - 1 = - 1 [Wis]
Move Silently + 2 = 2 [Dex]
Ride + 7 = 2 [Dex] + 5 [base]
Search + 0 = + 0 [Int]
Spot - 1 = - 1 [Wis]
Sense Motive - 1 = - 1 [Wis]
Survival - 1 = - 1 [Wis]
Swim + 4 = 4 [Str]
Use Rope + 2 = 2 [Dex]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Level Advancement]
1: Knight: Fighting Challenge + 1, Knight's Challenge, Knight's Code
Ride +4, Handle Animal + 4, Knowledge: (Nobility and Royalty) +4

2: Knight: Mounted Combat, Shield Block +1
Ride +5, Handle Animal + 5, Knowledge: (Nobility and Royalty) +5

[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]
Lance 10 gp 10 lb.
Longsword
15 gp 4 lb.
Warhammer 12 gp 5 lb.
Composite Longbow I 175 gp 3 lb.
Arrows x 5 5 gp 15 lb. (1 x = 20 arrows)
Chainmail 150 gp 40 lb.
Shield, heavy steel 20 gp 15 lb.

Traveler’s outfit x 2 2 gp 10lb
Backpack 2 gp 2 lb.
Bedroll 1sp 5 lb.
Blanket, winter 1 sp 3 lb
Flint and steel 1 gp
Lantern, hooded 7gp 2lb

Warhorse, heavy 400 gp
Military Saddle 60gp 40 lb
Saddlebags 4gp 8lb
Studded leather barding 100 gp 40 lb

Signet Ring 5gp
Gold-spin Banner of house de Chartes: 35 gp 10 lb - this exquisite banner has been custom made for the noble fighters of Jamien's noble family. It is heavy and can be carried both atop the horse's bardin or as a standard. It displays the de Chartes family crest - two crossed swords and a shield, across a green plane.
_____
Total: 996gp 3sp
GP on person: 3 gp 7sp

Carries on himself: Longsword, Composite Longbow I, Arrows x 5, Chainmail, Shield - heavy steel, Warhammer

When with the horse, his backpack is strapped to the side: Lantern, hooded, Flint and steel, Blanket, winter, Bedroll, Traveler’s outfit x 2, and the Lance

[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Sir Jamien de Chartes is the youngest (and only so far) son of Sir Seandor de Chartes, and the lady Rowena. His father was wed at the age of nineteen, and when he was still a twenty year old lad himself, Jamien came to the world.

As Seandor was still quite a hot-headed Knight, he continued adventuring around the small county they lived in and the neighboring city, while Rowena took care of the boy.

Being the son of a renown Knight, Jamien had no choice (but great desire) to follow in his father's steps. As soon as Jamien was able to walk and hold a waster, Sir Seandor began tutoring the boy in the skills of fencing, riding, archery and taught him the Knight's code of Honour. At the age of ten, Jamien became a page, and before he was fourteen he had been promoted to Squire.

At this point his father had to leave for war, as he and the other minor nobles had been summoned by the Baron that was their liege. Reluctantly, Jamien had to stay behind and watch his father's estate and his mother and baby sister. As luck would have it, some local brigands attempted to raid the house, knowing that the master is away.

Jamien managed to kill one and wound another, while protecting his mother and sister, before the local militia came to his aid. For that, he was dubbed a Knight by the Baron himself, and officially took the vows at the age of sixteen.

Sir Seandor, however, thought the boy too young to be allowed in to the army proper, so he sent him off to the best academy for young adventurers he knew of, where the lad would hone his skills, before returning home and joining his father in battle.
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Essay]

Headmaster,

I wish to express my gratitude for the opportunity given to me - to be considered for admission in the finest academy for aspiring adventurers known to man. I am young, but i trust you shall judge me upon my merits and not my age.

I have been trained as a Knight by my noble father, Sir Seandor de Chartes, and i possess the necessary basic skills to prove my mettle in your exams. I am also loyal and adhere to the rules, and would be honoured to be accepted and trained by the finest teachers in the arts of combat, warfare and tactics.

I am determined to grow in strength and skill, so that i may some day soon, join my father upon the battlefield, as it is my duty before him and my lord the Baron. I have nothing to offer but my skill with blade and lance, and the determination to become one of your best students.

Yours in good faith,

Sir Jamien de Chartes
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Still pending feats, equipment, some character details and the "essay to the dean."

Amaya Sakura Arai
Neutral Good Human Female Wu-Jen 2
XPs: 1,000 / 3,000

[sblock=Experience History]
Starting XPs: 1,000
+
[/sblock]

STR: 08 [-1] (0 points)
DEX: 14 [+2] (6 points)
CON: 14 [+2] (6 points)
INT: 18 [+4] (16 points)
WIS: 10 [+0] (2 points)
CHA: 12 [+1] (4 points)

HP: 12 (4 + 4 + 4 CON)
Armor Class: 12 (10 base + 2 dex)
- Flat-footed AC: 10
- Touch AC: 12

Initiative: +2
BAB: +1
Atttack:
- Dagger +0 (1d4-1/19-20)
- Dagger, thrown +3 (1d4-1/19-20)
- Heavy repeating crossbow +4 (1d10/19-20)

Speed: 30' (30’ base)

FORT: +2 (0 base, + 2 con)
REFL: +2 (0 base, + 2 dex)
WILL: +3 (3 base, + 0 wis)

Abilities:
- Human Bonus Feat
- Human Bonus Skill Points
- Spellcasting
- Wu-Jen Bonus Feat
- Taboos: Cannot touch a dead body

Feats:
1st Level
- Sudden Extend (1st Level)
- Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Repeating Heavy Crossbow)
- Sudden Maximize (Wu Jen)

Skills:35
- Bluff +2 (1 cross-class rank, +1 cha)
- Concentration +7 (5 ranks, +2 con)
- Craft (Alchemy) +5 (1 ranks, +4 int)
- Knowledge (Arcana) +11 (5 ranks, +4 int, +2 School Bonus)
- Knowledge (Architecture) +5 (1 rank, +4 int)
- Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +6 (2 ranks, +4 int)
- Knowledge (Geography) +6 (2 ranks, +4 int)
- Knowledge (History) +6 (2 ranks, +4 int)
- Knowledge (Local) +5 (1 rank, +4 int)
- Knowledge (Nature) +5 (1 rank, +4 int)
- Knowledge (Nobility/Royalty) +5 (1 rank, +4 int)
- Knowledge (Religion) +5 (1 rank, +4 int)
- Knowledge (The Planes) +6 (2 ranks, +4 int)
- Listen +1 (1 cross-class rank, +0 wis)
- Spellcraft +9 (5 ranks, +4 int)
- Spot +1 (1 cross-class rank, +0 wis)

Languages:
- Common/Trade Language
- Elven
- Goblin
- Draconic
- Giant

Spells Per Day / Prepared
- Level 0 (DC14): 4
- Level 1 (DC15): 3

Spellbook
- Level 0: Dancing Lights, Flare, Ray of Frost, Arcane Mark, Daze, Detect Magic, Detect
Poison, Disrupt Undead, Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Message, Open/Close,
Prestidigitation, Read Magic, Resistance

- Level 1: Magic Missile, Scales of the Lizard, Shield, Charm Person, Iron Scarf, Hail of
Stone, Fiery Eyes

Equipment:
Armor & Shield
-

Melee weapons
- Dagger, cold steel (4gp, 1lb)

Ranged weapons
- Heavy Repeating Crossbow, masterwork [darkwood] (820gp, 6lb))
--- 20 cold iton bolts (8gp, 2lb)
--- 20 silver bolts (24gp, 2lb)

Equipment
- Backpack (2gp, 2lb)
--- Flint & steel (1gp, -)
- Explorer's outfit (8gp, worn)

Specialized Goods
- Spell component pouch (5gp, 2lb)
- Spellbook (-, 3lb)

Potions, Salves and Oils
-

Weight Carried: 17lb
Remaining money: 128gp

Description
A dark-haired beauty of short statue and slender build, Amaya has taken to dressing to best
accentuate her feminine features. Her almond shaped eyes are the color of soft suede leather, her hair raven's black and often worn up, pinned into position by long hairpins. She is meticulous about personal grooming, always clean and well-dressed.

Personality
Amaya is a happy, well adjusted young woman, at least outwardly. She is friendly and outgoing, though it is sometimes obvious by her behavior that she hides something about her past.

Background (Given)
Amaya hails from the lands of Kimura, sometimes called The Jade Empire. There, under the blessings of the Celestial Bueaucracy, thrives an ancient and powerful culture. Beyond this, Amaya gives few details of her past.

[sblock=Letter to the Dean]
To the most honorable and respected headmaster, the Dean of The School,

As you may or may not be aware, I am one of the last remaining scions of the House of Arai, the disposed royal family of Kimura, the Jade Empire. When General Kato began his insurrection, he began with the assassination of my father, my mother, and my siblings. Only my magical training allowed me to escape unscathed.

I went to the home of my master, Iwao the Wise, but found him slain and his tower in flames. He had always spoken of The School with great fondness, and based on his recommendations I now come to you, asking for admittance.

The truth of the matter is that with most of my family dead, and my very life in danger, there are few places left for me to go. My purpose in asking for admittance is twofold: One, to seek sanctuary from those that would seek to slay me, and Two, to gather enough knowledge and power to someday payback those that have wronged me.

With that said, I think you’ll find my knowledge of magic unparalleled in a student my age. Not just the theoretical, but the practical application of such magical principles. While I have heard that our approach to magic in Kimura is somewhat different from most worlds, I think you will be favorably impressed by my abilities.

Sincerely,

Amaya Sakura Arai
[/sblock]

Last edited:

rpgramen

First Post
Mick Mellowsheaf -- Male Human Rogue 2
--------------------------------------------
Mick Mellowsheaf -- Male Human Rogue 2
CR 2; Chaotic Neutral Medium Humanoid; HD 2d6 (12 HP)
Init +4; Spd 30'; AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 13

Base Atk +1; Grp +1
Melee Dagger +1 (1d4/19-20 x2)
Ranged Mwk Shortbow +6 (1d6/20 x3) or
Ranged Mwk Shortbow +7 (1d6+1/20 x3) within 30' of Target

Abilities Str 10 (+0), Dex 18 (+4), Con 10 (+0), Int 16 (+3), Wis 8 (-1), Cha 12 (+1)
Saves Fort +0, Ref +7, Will -1

Skills Balance +11, Bluff +6, Climb +7, Disable Device +12, Gather Information +8, Hide +9, Jump +7, Knowledge (Local) +8, Move Silently +9, Open Lock +13, Search +8, Tumble +11

Feats Nimble Fingers, Point Blank Shot

Languages Common, Dwarven, Elven, Halfling

Class Abilities Evasion, Sneak Attack +1d6, Trapfinding

Possessions Dagger, Mwk Shortbow, Mwk Studded Leather Armor, Arrows x40, 1-Pint of Oil, Hooded Lantern, Climber's Kit, 50' of Silk Rope, Grappling Hook, Mwk Thieves' Tools, Crowbar, Waterskin, Backpack, Thief's Outfit, Pouch w/ 287.9gp

[sblock=Background]This crumpled, socially distraught piece of parchment bears numerous -- not to mention poorly drawn -- cartoons on the inside in and about the text, with several notable blot-outs, re-writes, slash-throughs, and otherwise aesthetically unappealing features of literature. Indeed, if you didn't know better, it was as if someone had purposely altered the wording inside without the consent of the original author. In fact, you're quite certain this a forgery -- a poorly constructed one at that. Judging from the bizarre amount of honesty, it might be safe to presume that whomever pilfered the original transcript honestly meant to do so, as some attempt at a crude and blunt joke, or as some sort of bizarre actions-speak-louder-than-words fiasco.

After removing the bindings and unfurling the tattered parchment, it reads as follows:

Tattered Scroll said:
"To your most humble Deanship:

Greetings and salutations, fellow scholastic enthusiast! sir or lady. Allow me to introduce myself; my name is Mick Mellowsheaf, arcane scholar wealth redistributor in training. When word reached me as to the nature of your extra-dimensional educational facility, my heart was aflutter with the exponential possibilities to pursue my arcane wealth liberation talents and elevate them to new heights, particularly so at the prospect of making a full-time career from the newfound knowledge passed on from your illustrious studies.

Before I begin, allow me to tell you a bit about myself. I come from a long line of magical heritage, small city near a lake, with familial ties to the Arcane College of Newfrost. thieves' guild there, but they're all jerks. Of course, I'm sure you're already familiar with all that hallabaloo and that my father is one of the prominant council members thereof, the two-copper shmuck who runs it, so I won't bore you with that any further. As I was saying, my personal hobbies include arcane studies stealing stuff -- obviously -- as well as horse riding, cleaning out the coffers of charity events, conjurer's chess, and languistical studies. and getting into places I really shouldn't be.

But look at me! I'm rambling like some sort of Magic Mouth spell gone awry. old lady at the market. As you can plainly surmise, my primary interest in joining your splendid facility is to further my own magical prowess for the greater good collection of expensive shiny stuff and to expand my own not so lucrative knowledge base. pockets. As a point of reference, my minor resume' includes alchemical studies, arcana lore, and an affinity for evocative magics. rifling through pockets, second-story work, and cracking locks and stuff.

I do hope that you find this scroll safely in your inbox, as well as to your satisfaction. I eagerly await your response.

Your most humble and patient servant,

Mick Mellowsheaf
[/sblock]

[sblock=Personality]Easily excitable and nervous around girls, Mick is your typical teenage boy. A self-proclaimed master thief, Mick's main interests apart from the typical regime of a young man is that of liberating vast amounts of wealth from one party and redistributing it to another -- most often in this case, redistributing it to himself. After all, gold makes the world go 'round!

Apart from his impulsive, nigh reckless disposition towards acquiring material possessions, Mick's really not such a bad guy. Indeed, he enjoys socializing almost as much as he does pilfering, and if given the opportunity would much rather chat it up with a few chums or acquaintences in lieu of brooding silently, as per the roguish norm.[/sblock]

[sblock=Description]Young, vibrant, and energetic, Mick boasts a radiant display of youthful vigor.

With ebony hair cut short and combed forward, devoid of facial hair, and alert eyes, Mick looks just as you'd suspect a kid his age to look. Lean, though not particularly muscular nor notably tall, he's nevertheless fit as a fiddle.

Traditionally favoring light-weight leather garments of dark brown or black, Mick never fails to put on the stereotypical visual representation of thieves of brigands the world over.[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Callistemon Agonistes ‘Cal’
Code:
Alternate Source: Races of the Wild (nothing actually used yet)
Class: Bard 1 / Druid 1
Race: Human
Alignment: NG

Str:  8 -1 (0p.)     Level: 2        XP: 1,000 / 3,000
Dex: 14 +2 (6p.)     BAB: +0         HP: 14 (1d6+1d8)
Con: 10 +0 (2p.)     Grapple: -1     Dmg Red: -/-
Int: 12 +1 (4p.)     Speed: 30'      
Wis: 18 +4 (16p.)    Init: +2        
Cha: 14 +2 (6p.)     ACP: -0         

Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc
Armor: 14           10    +2    +0    +2    +0    +0    +0
  Touch: 12
  Flat-footed: 12

Base   Mod  Misc
Fort:   +2                 2    +0    +0
Ref:    +4                 2    +2    +0
Will:   +8                 4    +4    +0

Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical
Dagger                   -1       1d4-1     19-20/x2
MW Shortbow              +3       1d6-1         x3
MW Shortbow (within 30’) +4       1d6           x3

Languages: Common, Druidic, Sylvan

Feats:
1) Point Blank Shot
H) Skill Focus (Handle Animal)

Skill Points: 32+6     Max Ranks: 5/2
Skills                Total  Ranks  Mod  Misc
Diplomacy               6      4     +2
Handle Animal          10      5     +2   +3 [Skill Focus] 1cc rank
  (w/companion)        14
Hide                    6      4     +2
Knowledge (arcana)      5      4     +1
Knowledge (nature)      8      5     +1   +2 [Nature sense]
Perform (string)        8      4     +2   +2 [MW instrument]
Ride                    4      0     +2   +2 [synergy w/Handle Animal]
Sense Motive            8      4     +4
Sleight of Hand         6      4     +2
Survival                8      2     +4   +2 [Nature sense]
 (aboveground, natural)10                 +2 [synergy w/Know. Nature]

Abilities:
Bardic Knack (PHB2 pg.35) 1 rank
Bardic Music -- 1/day
   Countersong (Su)
   Fascinate (Sp)
   Inspire Courage (Su)
Animal Companion: Nettle (see below)
Nature Sense
Wild Empathy (1d20+3)

Bardic Spells (caster level 1):
Spells known: 0 lv.—Daze, Light, Prestidigitation, Read Magic
Spells/day: 0 lv.—2

Druidic Spells (caster level 1):
Spells prepared:
0 lv.—Create Water, Detect Poison, Guidance
1st—Aspect of the Wolf (Spell Compendium pg. 16-17), Cure Light Wounds

Equipment:                      Cost  Weight
Dagger                           2      1
MW Darkwood Shortbow           350      1
--20 arrows                      1      3

Leather Armor                   10     15
Monk’s outfit (worn)             -      -

MW Musical Instrument          130     1.5
--Darkwood lyre
Spell component pouch            5      2
Signal whistle                  .8      -

Work dog                       150
Pack saddle                      5     15
-Bedroll                        .1      5
-Winter blanket                 .5      3
-Hooded lantern                  7      2
-Mirror, small steel            10     .5
-Oil, 1 pt.                     .1      1
-Soap                           .5      1
-Sack (x2)                      .2      1
-Waterskin (x2)                  2      8
-Rations (x7)                   3.5     7
-Explorer’s outfit              10      8

Total Weight: 23.5 lb      Money: 312 Gold, 3 silver
Encumbrance: Light

Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push
Max Weight:                26    53    80   160   400
[sblock=Description]
Cal is a slender young man small for his age. Some might describe him as scrawny or wiry. He has a shock of unruly black hair and brown eyes. He is deeply tanned from hours spent herding sheep. He wears a loose tunic in the Greek style with one shoulder bare and a wool cloak when it is cooler. Usually he is barefoot but sometimes he’ll deign to wear sandals.
Height: 5 ft. 3 in.
Weight: 125 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black[/sblock][sblock=Letter]To the Esteemed Dean, greetings.

Please consider my application to your renowned school and disregard any rumors my father’s evil wife may have spread about me. She’s still mad my old goat of a father thinks my mother is prettier.

I’ll be honest. That crazy old crone is a major reason why I need to be admitted to your school. She put a poisonous snake in my mother’s laundry basket trying to kill her. Luckily, I saw it and managed to shoot it with the new bow I recently got. My twin sister was mad when I got it and ran off into the woods. She’s not applying. She doesn’t like school like I do.

Anyway, I need to get better with the bow. And I am particularly interested in music and magic and I like animals. I hope it isn’t a problem but an old wolf has been following me around since I was young. He’ll probably follow me there, too.

Sincerely,

Callistemon Agonistes[/sblock][sblock=Animal Companion]
WOLF
Companion for 1st-2nd level druid

N Medium Animal
Init +2; Senses Low-light vision, scent; Listen +3, Spot +3
Languages -

AC 14, Touch 12, Flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +2 natural)
hp 20 (2 HD; 2d8 +4)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Speed 50 ft. (10 squares)
Melee Bite +3 (1d6+1)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +1; Grapple +2

Abilities Str 13, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Feats Track(B), Weapon Focus (Bite)
Skills Hide +2, Listen +3, Move Silently +3, Spot +3, Survival +1

Trip (Ex): A wolf that hits with a bite attack can attempt to trip the opponent (+1 check modifier) as a free action without making a touch attack or provoking an attack of opportunity. If the attempt fails, the opponent cannot react to trip the wolf.

Skills: Wolves have a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks when tracking by scent.

Tricks: Attack (x2), Defend, Down, Heel, Stay, Track.

Link (Ex): A druid can handle her animal companion as a free action, or push it as a move action, even if she doesn’t have any ranks in the Handle Animal skill. The druid gains a +4 circumstance bonus on all wild empathy checks and Handle Animal checks made regarding an animal companion.

Share Spells (Ex): At the druid’s option, she may have any spell (but not any spell-like ability) she casts upon herself also affect her animal companion. The animal companion must be within 5 feet of her at the time of the casting to receive the benefit. If the spell or effect has a duration other than instantaneous, it stops affecting the animal companion if the companion moves farther than 5 feet away and will not affect the animal again, even if it returns to the druid before the duration expires.

Additionally, the druid may cast a spell with a target of “You” on her animal companion (as a touch range spell) instead of on herself. A druid and her animal companion can share spells even if the spells normally do not affect creatures of the companion’s type (animal).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=Terrance Hawthorne]
Terrance Hawthorne

Male Human Cleric of Boccob 2
Neutral Good
Representing Rathan

Strength 12 (+1) (4 points)
Dexterity 8 (-1) (0 points)
Constitution 14 (+2) (6 Points)
Intelligence 14 (+2) (6 Points)
Wisdom 18 (+4) (16 points)
Charisma 10 (+0) (2 Points)

Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 170 lb
Skin: Light
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red; Wavy; Beardless

Domains: Healing Knowledge

Energy: Positive [Healing / Turns Undead]

Total Hit Points: 14

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 15 = 10 +4 [chain shirt] +2 [heavy steel] -1 [dexterity]

Touch AC: 9
Flat-footed: 15

Initiative modifier: -1 = -1 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +5 = 3 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: -1 = 0 [base] -1 [dexterity]
Will save: +7 = 3 [base] +4 [wisdom]
Attack (handheld): +2 = 1 [base] +1 [strength]
Attack (unarmed): +2 = 1 [base] +1 [strength]
Attack (missile): +0 = 1 [base] -1 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +2 = 1 [base] +1 [strength]

Light load: 43 lb. or less
Medium load: 44-86 lb.
Heavy load: 87-130 lb.
Lift over head: 130 lb.
Lift off ground: 260 lb.
Push or drag: 650 lb.

Languages: Common Draconic Elven

Dagger [1d4, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]
Heavy Mace [1d8, crit x2, 8 lb., one-handed, bludgeoning]
Light Crossbow [1d8, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 80 ft., 4 lb, piercing]]
Chain shirt [light; +4 AC; max dex +4; check penalty -2; 25 lb.]
Heavy Steel Shield [+2 AC; check penalty -1; hardness 10; hp 20; 15 lb.]

Feats:

*Sacred Boost (Com. Divine gp 84) [Spend Turning attempt to make healing spells maximized for allies within a 60ft burst. as a standard action.)
*Augment Healing (Com. Divine gp 79) [+2 per level to healing spells)

Skills: (Total = Ability Mod + Ranks + Misc. Respectively)

Appraise (Int) 2 = +2
Balance (Dex) -1 = -1
Bluff (Cha) 0
Climb (Str) 1 = +1
Concentration (Con) 7 = +2 +5
Diplomacy (Cha) 0
Disguise (Cha) 0
Escape Artist (Dex)-1 = -1
Forgery (Int) 2 = +2
Gather Information (Cha) 0
Heal (Wis) 11 = +4 +5 +2 [Healer Kit]
Hide (Dex) -1 = -1
Intimidate (Cha) 0
Jump (Str) 1 = +1
Knowledge [history] (Int) 7 = +2 +5
Knowledge [religion] (Int) 7 = +2 +5
Listen (Wis) 4 = +4
Move Silently (Dex) -1 = -1
Ride (Dex) -1 = -1
Search (Int) 2 = +2
Sense Motive (Wis) 4 = +4
Spellcraft (Int) 7 = +2 +5
Spot (Wis) 4 = +4
Survival (Wis) 4 = +4
Swim (Str) 1 = +1
Use Rope (Dex) -1 = -1

Know Religion >=5 ranks gives +2 on turn/rebuke the undead.

Zero-level Cleric spells: 4 per day

First-level Cleric spells: 3 (2+1) per day +1 from a domain:

Human:

* Extra feat at first level (already included)
* Four extra skill points at first level (already included)
* One extra skill point at each additional level (already included)

Cleric:

* Alignment Aura
* Spontaneous Casting (heal)
* Turn Undead (7x/day)
* High wisdom gains bonus spells daily
* Domain choices give additional abilities

Terrance Hawthorne's Equipment:

Crossbow bolts (quiver of 10 x 2) 2 gp
Heavy Mace 12 gp
Light Crossbow 35 gp
Daggers x4 8 gp
Chain Shirt 100 gp
Heavy Steel Shield 20 gp
Backpack 2 gp
Bedroll 1 sp
Blanket, winter x1 5 sp
Case (for map or scroll) 1 gp
Flint and steel 1 gp
Grappling hook 1 gp
Ink vial x2 16 gp
Ink pen 1 sp
Lantern (bullseye) 12 gp
Oil flasks x2 2 sp
Paper sheets x10 4 gp
Parchment sheets x10 2 gp
Pouch x4 4 gp
Rope (50', hempen) x1 1 gp
Signet ring (Fathers Loremaster Ring) 15 gp
Soap 5 sp
Waterskin 1 gp
Whetstone 2 cp
Healer kit 50 gp (+2 Bonus to Healing Checks)
Holy symbol (silver) 25 gp
Spell component pouch 5 gp
5 lbs powered Silver (25 gp)
Marked Sticks and Tokens (25 gp)
Ruby Dust (50 gp)
Incense (25 gp)
Explorers Outfit 10 gp
Scolars Outfit 5 gp
Clerics Vestments 5 gp
Travelers Outift 1 gp
Nobles Outfit 75 gp
Assorted Religious and Acient History Books 300 gp

Total Spent: 738gp 14 sp 1 cp

Money Left:

160 gp
5 Silver
19 Copper

Spells:

0th: 4
Detect Magic x2
Resistance x1
Guidance x1

1st: 3+1
Domain: Cure Light Wounds
Bane x1
Inflict Light Wounds x1
Comprehend Languages x1

More about Terrance Hawthorne:

Terrance is a young man of a young tender age of 15. His life up to this point has been sheltered to say the least. His family lives a rather lavish lifestyle as both his Parents Rathan and Abigail are both Loremasters of rather high repute. From the age of 6 Terrance was taught the value of knowledge and was taught to read and write at this very young age as well. His father being who he is has instilled the importance of book learning on this boy Terrance ever sense he was old enough to know what a book was and even though it's not Terrance's dream to be like his father, he tries his hardest not to let him down by carrying on his fathers love of knowledge in any shape and form. Terrance even took his learning one step further than his father even has and is slowly learning knowledge with the divine help of the Knolwedge God Boccob himself as he carries himself down the path of priesthood as well.[/sblock]

[sblock=Letter:]

To Whom It May Concern,

I Rathan Hawthorne submit for your approval my son Terrance Hawthrone in hopes of his acceptance to your university. As a Loremaster myself I understand fully the gracious gift that is knowledge. I have schooled my son in both religion and ancient history myself to the best of my abilities given what free time I've been able to spare. My hope is that with my schedule being so overburdened as it is, a school such as this will have more time to dedicate to his studies as well as give him a more over-all schooling of what the world has to offer. Our family is fairly well off so tuition should be no issue what-so-ever and only the best for my son and his mind as well as his body will do. Needless to say my son is not the most gracious or shall I say dexterous by on the face of this planet and that is not something I am overly exceeding at myself, so any help in this manner would be most wonderful.

It is my goal and in time it will become his to set Terrance's mind to the fact that this world in so many ways is harsh and unforgiving. Too many times in my own adventures have I seemly met death on his own steps and I wish my son to know that this what this world has to offer him unless he learn the necessary skills to survive along with the rest of the strong populous of this planet. I do hope you see the potential in this boy as I do, and see that will a bit of, shall we say, refinement he will grow and learn to be a fine young man in his own right.

Sincerely,

Rathan Hawthorne; Loremaster[/sblock]

[sblock=Essay]

I, Terrance Hawthrone, hereby submit this essay in hopes to gain admittance into your renound and illustrious school of academics. My family is well versed in the values that come from knowledge and with the help of my father I too have come to see that knowledge is power in its own right. Inside my fathers ring he has gifted to me is inscribed 'Knowledge is Power' but I like to think this ring is missing a very important phrase that should follow it. Beside this engraving it should state 'And Wisdom is The Power Not to Abuse It'. My father has taught me what he could in the few times he's been able to pull himself away from his own work in doing so I feel I have a very narrowed view on how the world actually works through his eyes alone. I have come to realize through my studies of religious texts that Boccob, the Knowledge God, can open my eyes to new things not even my father could teach me, and thus I have begun practicing the faith of the Knowledge God in hopes he will bless me with things I wish to know as I grown into adulthood. Again I do not feel this will please my father enough just to say I have chosen faith and hope over book learning and real world experience so with this in mind I chose to write to you in hopes that you would accept me into your school so I may show my father I am putting my best and most intelligent and wise foot forward in the search for my way in this lifetime. I ask for no favoritism at all for my father can be a very influential man and likes to make my life easier by tossing coins around here and there to get me my way. I expect nothing but your most formal teaching and hope that some day I may even be able to teach there myself once I have enough experience to do so.

Sincerely,

Terrance Hawthorne[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Coravin Moonshadow
[B]Class:[/B] Wizard (Conjuror)
[B]Race:[/B] Human
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Good

Alternate Source (Variant Rules from SRD)

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (02p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 2        [B]XP:[/B] 1,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 12 (2d4+4)
[B]Con:[/B] 14 +2 (06p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +2     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 0/all
[B]Int:[/B] 18 +4 (16p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] 0
[B]Wis:[/B] 12 +1 (04p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 08 -1 (00p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 00%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +0    +0    +2    +0    +0    +0    12
[B]Touch:[/B] 12              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 10

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +2          +2
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +2          +2
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    +0          +2

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
MW Light Crossbow         +4     1d8+0       19-20x2
MW Silver Dagger          +2     1d4-1       19-20x2
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX
XXXX                      +X     XdXX+X     XX-XXxX

MW Light X-Bow attack calculations:
BAB 1 + Dex 2 + MW enhancement bonus 1=+4

MW Silver Dagger calculations
BAB 1+ Str 0 +MW Enhancement bonus 1= +2
1d4 damage +0 STR bonus -1 Silver penalty=1d4 damage

[B]Languages:[/B] Celestial, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
Bonus Feat(Human Racial)
4 Extra skillpoints at first level(Human Racial)
1 extra skillpoint at each level after(Human Racial)
[B]Rapid Summoning (Ex)[/B]

Any time a conjurer using this variant casts a summon monster spell,
 its casting time is 1 standard action rather than 1 full round.
 (Creatures so summoned can only take a standard action in the round they are summoned.)

Conjurers using this variant gain the normal benefits from enhancing a
 summon monster spell with the Quicken Spell feat. 

A conjurer using this variant permanently gives up the ability to obtain
 a familiar.

[B]Enhanced Summoning (Ex)[/B]

At 1st level, a conjurer using this variant gains the Augmented
 Summoning feat for free instead of the Scribe Scroll feat. 

At 5th level, the conjurer's summoned creatures become particularly
 tough to dispel. Add 2 to the DC of any caster level check made to dispel
 the conjurer's summoned creatures. At 15th level, this addition to the DC
 increases to 4. 

At 10th level, the conjurer's summoned creatures gain an additional +2
 bonus to Strength and Constitution. At 20th level, these bonuses increase
 to +4. These bonuses stack with those granted by the Augmented
 Summoning feat. 

A conjurer using this variant does not gain bonus feats for advancing
 as a wizard. 

[B]Spontaneous Summoning (Ex)[/B]

Conjurers using this variant can "lose" a prepared spell to cast any summon monster spell of a lower level. 
For example, a conjurer who has prepared greater invisibility (a 4th-level spell) may lose that spell to cast summon monster I,
 summon monster II, or summon monster III. 
      A conjurer using this variant does not gain additional spells per day for being a specialist wizard. 

[B] Prohibited Schools:[/B] Necromancy, Illusion

[B]Feats:[/B] Augment Summoning(Summoner Bonus), Spell Focus(Conjuration), Precocious Apprentice(Summon Monster II)

[B]Spells Known:[/B] 
[I]Level 0: [/I]Resistance, Acid Splash, Detect Poison, Detect Magic, Read magic,
Daze, Dancing Lights, Flare, Light, Ray of Frost, Mage hand, Mending, Message, Open/Close, Arcane Mark, Prestidigitation
[I]Level 1:[/I] Summon Monster I, Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Charm Person, Enlarge Person, Mage Armor, Grease, Shield, Protection from Evil
[I]Level 2: [/I]Summon Monster II

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 35       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 5/2.5 (Class/Crossclass)
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Concentration              5    +2    +0     =7
Craft(Alchemy)             5    +4    +0     =9
Craft(Weaponsmithing)      5    +4    +0     =9
Knowledge(Arcana)          5    +4    +2     =11
Knowledge(The Planes)      5    +4    +2     =11
Knowledge(Architecture)    5    +4    +2     =11
Spellcraft                 5    +4    +2     =11

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
MW Lt. X-bow            335gp   04lb
Adamantine Bolt          61gp   01lb
Cold Iron Bolt            2gp   01lb
Silver Bolt               3gp   01lb
Bolt(x2)                  2gp   02lb
Silver Dagger            22gp   01lb
MW Artisan's Tools       55gp   05lb
Spell Component Pouch    05gp   02lb
Spellbook(2)               15gp   06lb
Backpack                  02gp   02lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]25lb      [B]Money:[/B] 520gp XXsp XXcp

[B]Light   Medium   Heavy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               >33lb   34-66   67-100   200   500

[B]Age:[/B] 19
[B]Height:[/B] 5'07"
[B]Weight:[/B] 120lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Violet
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Pale
Appearance: Coravin was a slender man, almost frail looking physically. He never worried too much about his physical condition, so long as he could walk and talk without too much discomfort. The only indication that he was formidable when it came to conflict was his eyes. His eyes almost burned with otherworldly energies as a result of his experimentation and work with magics. Aside from that his appearances was nothing overly noteworthy... though he looked almost elven, despite being a full-blooded human.

Background: Coravin was raised amongst elves in his home plane, and as such was predisposed towards Wizardry and somewhat aloof behaviours. Engrossed in his studies, Coravin was fascinated with extraplanar creatures, so much so he refused to waste his time with illusions or necromancy. When something as interesting as a Fiend or Celestial were available for study, why bother with deceased mortals and mere tricks of the mind?

After a time Coravin became intrigued by the idea of possibly imbuing weapons with the properties of the beings, perhaps even so far as to bind the creatures inside weapons. As such he traveled to a Dwarven community to learn to become a master smith. While with the dwarves he learned both weaponsmithing and architecture... not long after this, the boy learned that there was a school on another plane with a hefty reputation for growing strong students, that Coravin immediately began penning a letter for entry, eager to further his knowledge of the Planes and their denizens.

Letter/Essay:
The letter was written in slightly hurried but still neat handwriting, addressed to "The most Esteemed Dean"
[sblock]
I am writing you in the hopes of gaining entry into your prestigious Academy. My credentials are enclosed with this letter for your greater convenience. I am fairly certain they will suffice. I apologize if my handwriting seems in poor form, but I am quite eager to attend your school. A plane all to itself, I hear. It sounds positively fascinating. And connected to all the other planes? It must be a tremendously interesting locale. There is little else for me to add, as any discussion of my credentials would be redundant, and I've already expressed my great eagerness to attend your school. I am sure that I will be able to bring something unique to your Academy, given the chance. And hopefully, I'll learn more about the planes in the process...

Eagerly hopeful,
Coravin Moonshadow
[/sblock]

Last edited:

[sblock=Aussir Molik (White Hide)]
small kobold fighter 1/draconic +1
neutral evil
Str 16 (base 18 -4kobold +2 draconic)
Dex 16 (base 14 +2 cobold)
Con 14 (base 14 -2 kobold +2 draconic)
int 12 (base 12)
wis 8 (base 8)
cha 12 (base 10 +2 draconic)

Saves
fort 4 (base 2 +2 con)
ref 3 (base 0 +3 ref)
will -1 (base 0 -1 will)
+4 vs magical sleep/pralasis
hp 12
ac 19 (10+2 nat +3 dex +3 armour +1 size) touch 14 flatfooted 16
base attack +1
attack +6 ( +1 base +3 str +1 weapon focus +1 size)
damage 1d2 +3
full attack +6/+6 1d2 +3
speed 30 glide 30 average

special qualities
darkvision 60'
lowlight vision
light sensitivity
move 20 feet forward for 5 feet down. no fall damage. if fall unconsious only 1d6 fall damage.

feats
1 dragon wings
f weapon focus claws

skills total (ranks mod racial)
intimidate +7(4 +1+2)
jump+15 (2+3+10)
craft trap +7 (4+1+2)
proffesion miner +3 (2 -1+2)
spot +1 (0-1+2)
search +3 (0+1+2)[/sblock]

[sblock=equipment]studded leather armour 25
back pack 2
sundark goggles 10
total 37[/sblock]

[sblock=hoard]gold braclet 65
sliverchalice 105
ivory dragon statuette 55
small white opal 400
small slik tapistry (blanky) 200
10 platinum pieces 100
33 gold pieces 33
50 silver pieces 5
total 963[/sblock]

[sblock=essay] This tattered hide is covered with scratches, cuts, stains and multiple languages. It appears to be an uneducated attempt at writing.

[sblock=draconic]Hello Elder[/sblock]

Aussir want to join school. Aussir hear school best place to get strong. Aussir want very much become strong. Aussir baby white dragon. Aussir still small. [sblock=undercommon]runt[/sblock] weak [sblock=draconic]NOTSTRONG[/sblock] Aussir A stain blocks part of text looks like blood Adventurers steal Aussir egg from mother. When Aussir hatch Adventures surprised. Not expect baby dragon like Aussir. Adventurers teach Aussir. teach Aussir words. teach numbers. teach little scratches on hide. but not nice to Aussir. pick on Aussir. say Aussir not dragon. call Aussir[sblock=draconic]KOBOLD!!!!!!!!!!!![/sblock] . After while Aussir escape Adventurers. Leave in. [sblock=undercommon]live in gutter[/sblock] for while. learn more words. one really good thing Aussir learn from Adventurers. Aussir learn bout school. how at school get strong. Aussir get strong. Aussir learn breath. Aussir learn fly. AUSSIR LEARN BE DRAGON. Then Aussir find Adventurers again. Oh yes Aussir find Adventurers. Adventurers learn to. Adventurers learn Aussir Dragon. Aussir[sblock=draconic]show claws. show breath.[/sblock] Aussir take Adventurers head then A hole is torn in the hide here [sblock=undercommon]spines in small place[/sblock] the rest is too torn and ragged to be ledgable[/sblock]

[sblock=discription]This feral little creature scampers around on hands and feet. While it has some unique features; white scales, wings, claws and is larger and scalier then others of it's kind, it is still obviously a kobold. It wears dirty leather armour and resting between it's wings is a back pack half filled with treasure. Covering it's eyes are a pair of dark goggles.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Keizaan Malzurak, Human Duskblade

Keizaan Malzurak, Male Human Duskblade 2, XP 1,000
Dark Tan Skin, Short Brownish-Blonde Hair & Goatee, Hazel Eyes
Age 21, Height 5'-9", Weight 186 lbs., Medium-size
Alignment: Lawful Neutral, Patron Deity: Red Knight
Languages: Common, Draconic, and Giant

Str 18, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 8

HP 20, Nonlethal 0, AC 14, Touch 10, Flat-Footed 14
Fortitude +5, Reflex +0, Will +4, Speed 30 ft. (run x4)
BAB +2, Grapple +6, Melee +6, Ranged +2, Initiative +0

Attacks:
MW Glaive +7 melee for 1d10+6 slashing (20/x3, 10 ft. reach)
Morningstar +6 melee for 1d8+4 bludgeoning and piercing (20/x2)
Throwing Axe +6 melee or +2 ranged for 1d6+4 slashing (20/x2, 10 ft. increment)

Feats:
Power Attack, Cleave, Combat Casting

Skills:
Climb +4 (1 R, +4 Str, -1 ACP), Concentration +3/+7 (1 R, +2 Con, +0/+4 feat), Diplomacy +3 (2 ccR, -1 Cha, +2 synergy), Jump +4 (1 R, +4 Str, -1 ACP), Knowledge (Arcana) +5 (3 R, +2 Int), Knowledge (Religion) +5 (3 R, +2 Int), Knowledge (War) +5 (3 R, +2 Int), Ride +1 (1 R, +0 Dex), Sense Motive +6 (5 R, +1 Wis), Spellcraft +5 (3 R, +2 Int), Swim +4 (2 R, +4 Str, -2 ACP)

Class Features:
Duskblade Proficiencies (all simple weapons, all martial weapons, all light armors, all medium armors, all shields except tower shields), Armored Mage (Ex, no duskblade spell failure in light armor and/or using a light shield), Arcane Attunement (Sp, use Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, and Read Magic up to 5/day in total), Duskblade Spells, Combat Casting Bonus Feat

Duskblade Spells:
Basics: Caster level 2, arcane, spontaneous, Intelligence-based, save DCs 12/13, spells per day 4/3+1 (0-level/1st-level)
0-Level Spells Known: Acid Splash, Disrupt Undead, Ray of Frost, Touch of Fatigue
1st-Level Spells Known: Blade of Blood, Color Spray, Kelgore's Fire Bolt

Racial Traits:
Medium Humanoid (Human), Speed 30 ft., bonus feat, extra skill points, favored class: highest-level class

Possessions:
Masterwork Glaive (308 gp, 10 lbs., two-handed melee)
Morningstar (8 gp, 6 lbs., one-handed melee)
5 Throwing Axes (40 gp, 10 lbs., light melee/thrown)
Masterwork Chain Shirt (250 gp, 25 lbs., light, 30 ft. speed, x4 run, +4 AC, +4 MDB, -1 ACP, 20% ASF)
Freshman Ring (0 gp, 0 lbs.)
Traveler's Outfit (free, worn)
Spare Traveler's Outfit (1 gp, 5 lbs., in saddlebags)
Backpack (2 gp, 2 lbs.)
Belt Pouch (1 gp, 1/2 lb.)
Spell Component Pouch (5 gp, 2 lbs.)
Silver Holy Symbol of the Red Knight (25 gp, 1 lb.)
Bedroll (1 sp, 5 lbs., in pack)
Soap (5 sp, 1 lb., in pack)
Whetstone (2 cp, 1 lb., in pouch)
Hempen Rope (1 gp, 10 lbs., 50 ft., in pack)
Grappling Hook (1 gp, 4 lbs., tied to rope, in pack)
Flint and Steel (1 gp, 0 lbs., in pouch)
Hooded Lantern (7 gp, 2 lbs., in saddlebags)
2 Oil Flasks (2 sp, 2 lbs., in saddlebags)
2 Trail Rations (1 gp, 2 lbs., in pouch)
2 Waterskins (2 gp, 8 lbs., in pack)
Light Warhorse (150 gp, light load 230 lbs., medium load 460 lbs., heavy load 690 lbs.)
Studded Leather Barding (100 gp, 40 lbs., +3 AC, -1 ACP, on horse)
Riding Saddle (10 gp, 25 lbs., on horse)
Bit & Bridle (2 gp, 1 lb., on horse)
Saddlebags (4 gp, 8 lbs., on horse)
2 Days' Feed (10 cp, 20 lbs., in saddlebags)
2 Large Waterskins (4 gp, 16 lbs., in saddlebags)
7 pp, 5 gp, 0 sp, 8 cp

Load 87-1/2 lbs., Light 0-100, Medium 101-200, Heavy 201-300

Appearance:
Keizaan is a slightly short, broad young man with skin of a dark tan shade, short brownish-blonde hair, and hazel eyes. He is brimming with muscle and has a sort of stern look to him, his face rather plain and a bit rough, with a short brownish-blonde goatee framing his mouth. Keizaan wears a fine, armored breastplate accompanied by greaves, vambraces, and an open-faced helm. Besides the armor he wears leather gloves and boots, a red vest that leaves his arms exposed, a red cloak, and black pants.

He carries a well-crafted glaive almost everywhere he goes, a morningstar at his right hip, and five throwing axes sheathed at his thighs, lower legs, and left hip. Keizaan also wears a backpack when traveling, going to market, or out on missions. Two pouches hang near the back of his leather belt. He is often riding, or accompanied by, a warhorse in studded leather barding, bearing the rest of his supplies in its saddlebags. He appears only barely trained at riding.

[sblock=Background]Keizaan Malzurak hails from the city of Baldur's Gate in Faerun, on the plane of Abeir-Toril. He is the son of Keiran Malzurak and Anareese Galeford, elder brother to Leos Malzurak and Sienna Malzurak. His father is a captain in the Flaming Fist mercenary company that operates in Baldur's Gate, and passed on his earlier training from an elven adventuring companion. Anareese is a seamstress for the wife of a grand duke in Baldur's Gate, so the family is fairly well-off between the two of them.

Keizaan takes after his father, with an aggressive and militant mindset, but is a bit less mercenary; he's not out to make a lot of money and retire well, though he'll gladly take some gold for his efforts if he can get it. Keizaan mostly just wants to achieve his full potential and see what he can accomplish with that, primarily in the military sense. He is disciplined and believes in the importance of order, plans, and cooperation, with a bit of his mother's compassion but not as much as his siblings. Unfortunately, he inherited his father's stubbornness and poor people-skills, though he's working on it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Essay]Honorable Headmaster,
Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Keizaan Malzurak of Baldur's Gate, Faerun. I would like to request admittance into your School for training in the arts of combat, arcana, teamwork, and problem-solving. I seek to better myself and reach my full potential, for its own sake. I also hope to accomplish great military feats someday and change the face of Faerun. I am already a fair hand with a blade or spell, but am still young and inexperienced on the field of battle, so I require better training.

I have heard about your School through my father's old adventuring contacts, and they heard of the School's merits from comrades that had once attended. I wish to learn what your School can teach that will help my along my path, knowing of the successes your School has had in the past. I would like to perfect my skills at your School with the training and mission experience former students have praised.
- Keizaan Malzurak
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases