The Stupidest Lawsuit Ever...against WoTC and Gary Gygax

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
With a lot of legal talk about lawsuits, IP, etc., and with the research I did recently on PACER, I figured I should let you guys read the outright most stupid lawsuit ever.

Attached is a ZIP file of the lawsuit. Basically this guy wanted a restraining order against WoTC and Gary Gygax (after he died!), saying that both parties were "after his life". :confused:

I can't figure out if this guy is mentally ill or just trying to exploit the system. He even has his own Wikipedia entry, of all things.

It's probably the stupidest lawsuit ever filed against a gaming company.

Attachments

• 1-08-cv-00955-WBH.zip
    647.7 KB · Views: 94

Cadfan

First Post
From his wikipedia entry, he's a prisoner who appears to file frivolous lawsuits to entertain himself.

Kind of sad, really. The dude's got a projected release date in 2012, you'd think he'd want to behave a bit better. Unless that release date is a hard coded one, this sort of thing will come up in the parole hearing.

Nymrohd

First Post
Not even close to the stupidest lawsuit ever. Sure it is stupid, but when you are discussing about the sheer incomprehensible stupidity of lawsuits being filed daily (especially in court-happy USA) this will barely register.

JohnRTroy

Adventurer
Not even close to the stupidest lawsuit ever. Sure it is stupid, but when you are discussing about the sheer incomprehensible stupidity of lawsuits being filed daily (especially in court-happy USA) this will barely register.

Actually, that's what I meant by the elipsis...the stupidest lawsuit ever filed against Wizards of the Coast (and Gary Gygax).

But I think this guy has actually elsewhere done the stupidest lawsuit ever. Check this link out--this is just the link of defendants.

http://www.citypaper.net/articles/2006-04-13/NC_FP_Lawsuit.pdf

Kind of sad, really.

Indeed. A one-paragraph complaint is sad to start with. This appears to be a person who has mental illness. I don't think mocking him or even calling attention to him will help him. He's been declared a vexatious litigant by the courts and everything is dismissed. They're aware that he's not really pursuing serious claims. (If he was, they would be lost in the morass of frivolous stuff.)

Remove ads