WoL Conversion

Shadeydm

First Post
I have been comtemplating the possibility of converting my 3.x campaign to 4E.

One significant conversion hurdle I am about to turn my attention to are Weapons of Legacy since the party in question already has two of them and were positioning themselves to acquire a couple more.

Have any of you done any WoL 4E conversions already that you would be willing to share or that others have done which you could point me to for an example?

Jhaelen

First Post
I haven't done any conversions yet, but since I've been using them a lot in 3E, I plan to use some in 4E, too.

Basically, there's two ways to implement them in 4E:
- as artifacts
- as level-scaling items (see AV p.197)

The latter approach is closer to the way WoL worked in 3E.

Since magic items are supposed to play a less important role in 4E and there's (almost) no precedent for non-artifact items with several powers, I'd probably use one (or several) of the following approaches, if I wanted to add more:
- while the item grants additional powers at higher levels, you still can only use one item power per encounter, day (, or milestone)
- require the sacrifice of some resource to activate powers additional times; examples include the investment of healing surges, action points, or class powers
- some powers may only be useable under rare conditions

Did you look in the house-rule forum, btw.? I think, this would probably be an appropriate topic for it. Maybe someone has already posted something there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases