D&D 3.5: In the Beginning: Recruitment

Roronoa

First Post
Out in the wilderness, civilization has yet to be created. The ihabitants, a few hundred primitive beings who had no concept of co-operation. One day however, one of these primitive beings managed to gather his fellow beings and convinced them to live together, for there was strength in numbers. Shortly thereafter however, he was devoured by a wolf. Now this group of beings has no leader, no purpose, and no idea of how to survive.

And here is where you come in. Men and women willing to further the survival of their new tribe.

Character Creation: This is very simple. You are level one... things.

You guys are not even evolved to proper humanoid HD yet. You have no skills, feats, or class features. What you do have, is a 1d8 HD (maxed at first level), one high save of your choice, all your physical stats are 6, all your mental stats are 4, and you get to add one +2 to whatever stat you want. You all must pick races, but as of yet, you have no racial modifiers, you shall grow into them.

In addition to gaining XP, you will evolve based off of what you accomplish. Just do whayt you think you would do to find food, shelter, water, anything you think you need to survive. When you fight, you get stronger. When you think, you get smarter. As you start to develop your characters, they will begin to evolve from their subhumanoid HD, into getting skills, NPC classes and eventually PC classes.

When you do something that I believe is outside your standard knowledge level, I will roll a chance that you discover it. Depending on how you explain coming by such information and how advanced it is, you will get modifiers to determine if you succeed or not. There will be no rerolls on this without in game reasons. If you succeed, you will get rewarded by getting ranks or crossclassed ranks in skills, or other bonuses to help you develop you characters.

Age will be an important factor here. As time progresses, your characters will get older, and evnentually die. One thing you have to consider is spreading on your lineage to the next generation. Your child will retain the qualities of its parents and contiune on the story after the parent dies. As such you will continue on the story as you further evolve your peoples.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
This sounds like an interesting concept, but our PCs would be what? Like Neaderthals almost? Living in small villages, but still pretty much stone-age in nature?

Would it simply be a struggle to survive and evolve? Would their be monsters prowling the world, or simply animals and other humanoids? Etc, etc. Can you give a bit more detail?

Shayuri

First Post
Bahaha

The concept is cool! The execution...well, I'm willing to give it a try, but I think we may need to tinker with the mechanics a bit. :)

As Rhun said, more detail on how things will work would be good.

Remove ads