3.5 Player's Handbook Outselling 4E PH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
It's true. Take a look at the Amazon Gaming bestseller list:

Amazon.com Books Bestsellers: The most popular items in Gaming. Updated hourly.

In fact, ALL THREE 3.5 core books are outselling their 4E counterparts right now. Before the hate starts...Yes, I realize this doesn't necessarily imply anything about the success of 4E, but it is interesting nonetheless.

On a related note, the cover to E3: Prince of Undeath looks pretty dang cool. Orcus baby!

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
It's true. Take a look at the Amazon Gaming bestseller list:

Amazon.com Books Bestsellers: The most popular items in Gaming. Updated hourly.

In fact, ALL THREE 3.5 core books are outselling their 4E counterparts right now. Before the hate starts...Yes, I realize this doesn't necessarily imply anything about the success of 4E, but it is interesting nonetheless.

On a related note, the cover to E3: Prince of Undeath looks pretty dang cool. Orcus baby!
We had a thread about this a few weeks ago. There are such shifts from hour to hour in that list, that the numbers must be very low so mean absolutely nothing.

Hellzon

First Post
I doubt that reflects actual sales, considering that Primal Power and Divine Power are #9 and #10. Must include preorders. ;)
And the 4E gift set reminds me that the existence of a gift set probably skews the stats too (by splitting PHB sales over two items).

Nice for a ballpark measurement, though.

Edit: And catsclaw and Ravellion ninja me with even more damning info. Figures.

Last edited:

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
We had a thread about this a few weeks ago. There are such shifts from hour to hour in that list, that the numbers must be very low so mean absolutely nothing.

Hmm...I don't agree. The numbers are remarkably stable, especially among the top 25. I check the list every couple of days and I see very few significant shifts. This is the first time that I have EVER seen the 3.5 PH overtake the 4.0 PH in sales rank. I am not implying any paricular significance to the event, but it is interesting nonetheless.

proto128

First Post
I find it interesting that the Oblivion strategy guide is at #7.

I also find it interesting that, of the top 10, 7 are 4E books. 1 of the top 10 is a 3.5E book (the Player's Handbook), is not directly available from Amazon, and includes used and resales.

Further, I find it interesting that there's another Star Wars SE book coming out Tuesday.

Last edited:

avin

First Post
Here we go again...

"4E sells more!"
"3.5 sold more!"
"My dear pony sells more!" :p

All due respect guys, but this is the kind of topic I wish had rules similar to the World of Warcraft forums. It really needs some Bel Air or /facepalm here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases