Proposal: Things to be nerfed

Atanatotatos

First Post
Mann, you speak like tactlorda were thing out of the world, my Hadarai(eladrin warlord) can pull out the thing I said every encounter, at first level. I hope you make a melee character that is in a game with him in L4W some day, so that I can make him thrash anything him sees...

Ps: it's not just tactlords, although they do it best. Strenght clerics are almost equally good in that regard...

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yes I found out already. I wish I coudl follow all of L4W adventures...
Anyway, my Hadarai is exactly the kind of tactlord to make those "if"s ... so I'm hoping to game with another "if" plsyer sometime lol...

elecgraystone

First Post
LOL Play a game once without a strength cleric OR a tactlord. That's the way it is on our normal group most of the time. Now I've played with them in other games, but I base my opinions on that the character itself can do by itself. I can't guarantee to have just the right buffer with just the right power just when I need it. ;)

For us most of those if's don't happen. And with a changing lineup line of this place you can't assume you'll have one here either.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, I'm not sure it's advisable to examine 4e characters in a vacuum. 4e is a game intended to be played by with a party of characters, and good teamwork increases the 'on paper' effectiveness of any given character many times over.

Anyway, on RoB, the simple fact that it's possible to reasonably compare a level 3 encounter power with a level 29 daily shows that something is really out of whack somewhere in there. And RoB with 4 attacks is rather brutal. Again, especially for a level 3 encounter power. When you have a high level cleric who takes and keeps that power so he can drop a bomb, that's a little wierd (;) Oni).

Last edited:

elecgraystone

First Post
If you take the character out of the vacuum, then you have to look at the other factors. Is it the power that's too powerful, or the auto-hit abilities from the cleric/tactlord that are too powerful? Maybe you are looking at the wrong thing to nerf. ;)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Oh man... that is irrelevant. The problem here is that a lvl 3 power is better than a lvl 29 one. Better. Just better in ANY circumstance. From any point of view. And saying it's just the math that says this means little, because aside from that, there's only the random roll of the dice, and you cannot predict that, so it's mostly irrelevant in design (and review).
Wether you have a huge bonus to hit or not, wether it gives you 3 or 4 attacks, Rain of Blows is simply better than No Mercy or other similar powers. And not a little better. A lot.
Honestly, I don't care. I'm not overly obsessed with balance. I opened the thread because we have addressed balance problems till now, so I though it was time to bring this to the attention of the other members.
When a year from now I'll make a hybrid Fighter/Barbarian goliath that has an average dpr of 20-25 with huge higher spikes at lvl 1, it's gonna be fun. Sorta :p

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases