[Pathfinder] Burnt Offerings

Rhun

First Post
I'm not expressing my interest in the game, since I'm already playing this Adventure Path in another, but wanted to say welcome back, CB! Hope all is going well. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I just wanted to say welcome back CB! i may only have 13 characters here on EnWorld, but that is pretty much my limit.

Tetsubo/ Scott DeWar

I'm not expressing my interest in the game, since I'm already playing this Adventure Path in another, but wanted to say welcome back, CB! Hope all is going well.
All is well, thanks. After leaving Hawaii, we are in Louisville, KY now. Shannon (my husband) just finished his first year at seminary. It's been great to see him start the journey of fulfilling the long-held dream of becoming a pastor...from Navy sailor to peacemaker is a pretty neat transition for him and for us. For myself, I just graduated with my first degree, a BS in Information Systems Management, so that was also wonderful. 18 years in the making and a big load off my mind. I have some ideas percolating for graduate studies for myself, but for the moment am enjoying working at a theological library and spending time with my family.

I hope you are well, too, Rhun.

Ambrus

Explorer
I'm doing fine. I've been in a new relationship for the past year and am currently on the mend from a broken collar bone. It must be nice having your husband at home on a more regular basis than when he was out on tour for a stretch with the navy. How are your kids doing these days?

Sorry, I figured you'd have your dragon magazines at hand and could pick up the issue relatively easily. Number 320 first introduces the five metallic dragon species as 20-level base monster class progressions for use as player characters. I last played my titular gold dragon PC Ambrus a few years ago and greatly enjoyed it. I'm tempted to try another dragon PC if you'd consider it. Not sure what kind though; figured I'd pitch the idea before fleshing out a concept. :)

renau1g

First Post
Are you allowing the classes as is from the Pathfinder rules? They are pretty different from the 3.5e classes, especially the magic-users.

Sorry, I figured you'd have your dragon magazines at hand and could pick up the issue relatively easily. Number 320 first introduces the five metallic dragon species as 20-level base monster class progressions for use as player characters.
Our girls are very well. There are other families with children their age here on the campus at the seminary, so the children are outside all day when not in school. They roam about on their bikes, dig in the sand, play, argue, make up, and play some more. The curriculum in the school district is wanting, but the school and staff themselves are very fine. We supplement math at home and have requested that the girls be placed in split grade-level classes next year in order to challenge each of them a bit more.

I think Dragon 320 came out right around the time of the Age of Worms campaign path, right?

My vision for Burnt Offerings has the adventure set in a grimmer, grittier Golarion in which out-of-the-ordinary things are firmly out-of-the-ordinary and would be met with surprise and shock by most of the folk populating the town and the region. PCs will therefore start with a 28-point buy but can expect to be special themselves (thus the relative depth of allowed supplements and non-core D&D material). A PC blatantly visible as a dragon probably wouldn't mesh well with the setting, but a PC either fully dragon yet able to totally conceal his or her dragon features, or with partial (well-concealed) dragon traits might prove interesting. Since the characters begin play at 1st level, creating a dragon PC who is capable of hiding his or her dragon traits might prove to be a sincere challenge--most concealment spells and skills come later on in a character's development. Then again, I also know that you have a wealth of knowledge about D&D details and supplements that I lack, so if you know of something that you think would fit the bill, then by all means, forge ahead with it. My primary concern is to avoid populating the setting with totally outlandish characters but to still (somehow) encourage player creativity and interest.

Are you allowing the classes as is from the Pathfinder rules? They are pretty different from the 3.5e classes, especially the magic-users.
I'm allowing characters from the 3.5 PHB and the sourcebooks I mention in my originating post.

If there's a Pathfinder rulebook out there, I don't own it and haven't read it, so I'd be very ill-equipped to moderate characters based on such a supplement, and you probably wouldn't want to play with me as your DM in such a case. That said, I'm not entirely certain what you mean by "Pathfinder rules," so please clarify if you feel I've misunderstood your question.

Shayuri

First Post
Hoowaugh...I thought this was a Pathfinder game, using the Pathfinder Beta Rules. Heee...goodness.

CB, on Paizo's website there's a whole book...an alternate 3.5e PHB basically...that details the Pathfinder rules, which are basically 3.5e rules with some tweaks...though in some cases fairly significant tweaks.

I don't have the link handy at work, sadly...but it's a free download so it's easy to get.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
if you go to piazo.com, you can get your very own copy of pathfinder RPG beta playtest, watermarked with yoour e-mail and fully useable for the purpose of playtesting it. I have a copy and I like the variations. I wish I had ore time or i would try and have a pathfinderized Syllorpheall, Lord high Inquisitor of Pelor, on loan from his immenance in Daroln City. Otherwise, I am very glad you have moved to the mainland, finished your degree, and your whole family is doing well.

renau1g

First Post
I'm allowing characters from the 3.5 PHB and the sourcebooks I mention in my originating post.

If there's a Pathfinder rulebook out there, I don't own it and haven't read it, so I'd be very ill-equipped to moderate characters based on such a supplement, and you probably wouldn't want to play with me as your DM in such a case. That said, I'm not entirely certain what you mean by "Pathfinder rules," so please clarify if you feel I've misunderstood your question.

Sure, I was referring to the Pathfinder Beta Rulebook from Paizo available for free download. It appears that WalkingDad and Shayuri are using concepts from that book. Differences like in the way skills are calculated (and they've amalgamated a bunch of skills), racial bonuses are different, classes are pretty different than the core 3.5e rulebooks. i.e. WD's Paladin has racial bonus HP, a CMB score (replacing rules for grapple, trip, etc.) or Shayuri's Air Sorceror [from the elemental power source in the rulebook], granting a fly speed of 60' at 15th level, amongst other benefits.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases