The Upcoming Adventures thread

treex

First Post
I know the PC's I've looked at that level are pretty tough/powerful and lots of Interrupts (the bane of PbP combat)

Well, they and the DM could always agree on a set of triggers for their interrupts....

EDIT: What are the odds of a new Level1 adventure turning up? I have a new character concept I want to replace my Tiefling Illusionist with...

Luinnar

First Post
FWIW - I have a lvl 12 adventure approved although I've never DM'd a group that high so it will likely be a learning curve. I know the PC's I've looked at that level are pretty tough/powerful and lots of Interrupts (the bane of PbP combat)
No problems with my paragon party so far, though they don't have tons of interrupts. But I'm sure they will kill everything I throw in their paths...like they did in heroic tier :p

Now my Dragonborn Tempest Fighter had a large increase in DPR when he hit paragon with his new triple attack and frost cheese.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I hope one comes up soon, cause I have a Warforged Swordmage I've been dying to cook up...

I could cook up something. It would probably be a shorter one. I think it would be better for me cut my PbP DMing teeth on something short and simple anyway.

I say cook up your characters regardless, and that way I or anyone else can look at them and their hooks for potential adventure fuel. ;)

renau1g

First Post
No problems with my paragon party so far, though they don't have tons of interrupts. But I'm sure they will kill everything I throw in their paths...like they did in heroic tier :p

Now my Dragonborn Tempest Fighter had a large increase in DPR when he hit paragon with his new triple attack and frost cheese.

I just remember in [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION] 's epic game he ran it was crazy the amount of interrupts (and looking at Sigarr's sheet he's got 5 immediate actions at level 11). There's a huge jump from 10 to 11 with the paragon-level feats and the PP powers.

I could cook up something. It would probably be a shorter one. I think it would be better for me cut my PbP DMing teeth on something short and simple anyway.

I say cook up your characters regardless, and that way I or anyone else can look at them and their hooks for potential adventure fuel. ;)

I did my first adventure this way if you remember LS (Raiyek, Kruk, Carolina, Grim, Georg and Xoc (MIA). Damn that Mr. X. http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...ty-things-go-bump-night-covaithe-judging.html <- holy jeez, it's almost the 3rd anniversary of that adventure's kick-off.... wow has time flown.

Anyway, I set that up as a quick and dirty adventure, a few encounters, a few threads leftover to set-up the sequel. I know cov did the same with his Lauto-games.

Velmont

First Post
My Swordmage have 5 interrupt, and I try to not raise this number, but I have an SBLOCK that, I hope, help greatly my DM. Here what it looks:

[SBLOCK=Immediat Interrupt]Jarel-karn have many immediate action. Take the first trigger that happens during the round. If many trigger happen at once, take the first in the list.

1) Trigger: A marked enemy hit any ally within 10 squares Power: Aegis of Shielding Effect: Close Burst 10; -15 damage to triggering attack and Jarel-karn gain 15 Temporary Hit Points.

2) Trigger: A marked enemy with your Aegis of Shielding target Jarel-karn and at least one ally with an attack. Power: Leather Armor of Aegis Expansion +2 Effect: The damage of the triggering attack is reduced by 7.

3) Trigger: An enemy hit in melee any non-pure-defender ally within 5 squares and pushing the target 1 square would put him out of reach of the ally. Power: Countering Thunderclap Effect: Close Burst 5; +13 vs. Fort; 1d6+9 thunder damage and you push the target 1 square. If the target can no longer reach your ally, the attack misses.

4) Trigger: An enemy hit in melee any non-pure-defender ally within 5 squares and is within 5 squares of another enemy. Power: Dimensional Vortex Effect: Ranged 5; +13 vs. Will against triggering enemy. If hit, you teleport the target 5 squares next to an enemy. The target make his melee attack against the most damaged enemy and do an extra 5 damages if it is marked by Jarel-karn. If there is no target valid, he expend the attack.

5) Trigger: An enemy hit any non-pure-defender ally within 10 squares or Jarel-karn is hit by an attack. Power: Channeling Shield Effect: Close Burst 10; You reduce the damage by 10 from the triggering attack. You next successful attack you make before the end of your next turn will do 5 more damage.[/SBLOCK]

Son of Meepo

First Post
I know the PC's I've looked at that level are pretty tough/powerful and lots of Interrupts (the bane of PbP combat)

I find that at paragon level you have to run 2 rounds of pbp combat for every one round of combat.

1. PC Actions
2. Monster Actions
3. PC Out-of-Turn Actions
4. Monster Actions Retcon.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I just remember in @covaithe 's epic game he ran it was crazy the amount of interrupts (and looking at Sigarr's sheet he's got 5 immediate actions at level 11). There's a huge jump from 10 to 11 with the paragon-level feats and the PP powers.

I did my first adventure this way if you remember LS (Raiyek, Kruk, Carolina, Grim, Georg and Xoc (MIA). Damn that Mr. X. http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...ty-things-go-bump-night-covaithe-judging.html <- holy jeez, it's almost the 3rd anniversary of that adventure's kick-off.... wow has time flown.

Anyway, I set that up as a quick and dirty adventure, a few encounters, a few threads leftover to set-up the sequel. I know cov did the same with his Lauto-games.
I do remember A Problem of Nobility. :) Didn't know it was your first time DMing on L4W though. 3 years, that's crazy ... it boggles my mind whenever I actually think about the fact that Raiyek's first adventure kicked off three and a half years ago (Dec '08). o_O

I was thinking of doing one in the Lauto series, but there's a few other half-formed ideas floating around in my skull too. Hardest part is picking one to nail down, haha.

CaBaNa

First Post
Currently, I believe there's my Kane (bugbear (half-orc) barbarian 10) & dimsdale's Kruk (dwarf fighter 11) as well as JNC's Ironheart (Wood Woad (warforged) Warden 4.

FWIW - I have a lvl 12 adventure approved although I've never DM'd a group that high so it will likely be a learning curve. I know the PC's I've looked at that level are pretty tough/powerful and lots of Interrupts (the bane of PbP combat)

@Lord Sessadore In addition to the above, Kamotz is available (I already have 1 other character on adventure, Gil).
Kamotz is a level 6 Hybrid Cleric|Paladin (Sheet in need of an update)

As you know, Kamotz is all about Death in general and Lauto in specific.

[sblock=Up to Date Character Summary]

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Kamotz, level 6
Longtooth Shifter, Cleric/Paladin
Hybrid Cleric Option: Healer's Lore
Hybrid Paladin Option: Hybrid Paladin Reflex
Hybrid Talent Option: Paladin Armor Proficiency
Versatile Expertise Option: Versatile Expertise (Flail)
Versatile Expertise Option: Versatile Expertise (Holy Symbol)
Restless Dead (Perception class skill)
Theme: Ordained Priest

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 19, CON 12, DEX 10, INT 8, WIS 19, CHA 14

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 12, DEX 10, INT 8, WIS 16, CHA 14

AC: 24 Fort: 18 Ref: 17 Will: 19
HP: 50 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 12

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +7, Insight +14, Perception +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –1, Arcana +2, Athletics +5, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +7, Heal +8, History +2, Intimidate +5, Nature +7, Religion +4, Stealth –1, Streetwise +5, Thievery –1

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Ordained Priest Attack: Shining Symbol
Longtooth Shifter Racial Power: Longtooth Shifting
Cleric Utility: Healing Word
Paladin Feature: Divine Challenge
Paladin Attack 1: Holy Strike
Paladin Attack 1: Heedless Fury
Paladin Attack 1: Blood of the Mighty
Cleric Attack 1: Avenging Flame
Cleric Attack 1: Lance of Faith
Paladin Utility 2: Call of Challenge
Cleric Attack 3: Death Surge
Cleric Utility 6: Gravesite

FEATS
Level 1: Hybrid Talent
Level 2: Weapon Proficiency (Triple-headed flail)
Level 4: Mounted Combat
Level 5: Versatile Expertise
Level 6: Mighty Challenge

ITEMS
Heavy Shield x1
Vicious Triple-headed flail +1 x1
Onatar's Forge +1
Versatile Plate Armor +1 x1
Oil (1 pint)
Torch
Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
Flint and Steel
Climber's Kit
Identification Papers with Portrait
Travel Papers
Sunrod
Impenetrable Barding (heroic tier) x1
Dire Wolf
Riding Boots x1
Cloak of the Chirurgeon +1 x1
Unguent of Darkvision
Fey Step Potion
Vial of Darkness
====== End ======

[/sblock]

VanderLegion

First Post
I've got a level 5 Artificer available for adventure as well. Haven't actually leveled him up yet on his character sheet yet, but he's got the xp from the adventure he just finished.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases