D&D 4th Edition The Upcoming Adventures thread - Page 13

+ Log in or register to post
Page 13 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    It seems like most of the lvl 1's are in adventures, so I'd think level 2 should work. It's a pretty easy bump to move the enemies up by 1.

LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/

L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

Responding to yet another thread that had something asked of me in it and I wasn't able to, to respond to Mal's question the level difference isn't a problem until you hit a level 4 character adventuring with level 1s. Before that, you're only looking at a 5-10% mechanical increase in the rolls themselves, and a few more powers. In addition, without giving much about the adventure away I can say that certain elements of the adventure make a bard's job harder, so Hacker with a bunch of level 1s is about on par, maybe just a smidge more powerful but nothing to break the party.

However, what's Hacker's move at this point? Depending on which thread I'm reading, he's either:

1) Still in my adventure.
    2) In renau1g's adventure (probably not, as the last post I can find from ren time-wise says Lily has the leader spot there)
    3) Helping 7-Rabbit with his brother
    4) In "The Closed Eye" adventure, taking the spot of the now-passed Palindrome

Admittedly, the utter chaos that just erupted in the tavern isn't making it easier for me to figure this all out, but from what I can tell either 1 or 4 is the most likely situations.
    Current Characters
    Mesa, Razorclaw Shifter Druid 2

Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

Since Hacker has hacked-off the other PC's in your game, I'm going to run Hacker with the Closed Eye guys, so we can wrap up the story as players. I figure if we can go through three DM's, it's okay for me to finish up the story as a different character.

Sounds good, mate. I'm sure I'll be seeing Hacker quotes in the Peanut Gallery any day now...
    Current Characters

Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

° Ignore CaBaNa
    OOC where is Veruzak supposed to be? Stringbean, Mal? This is mostly up to you two as you're the first dibs on PC's, if neither of your adventures fit him, let me know so I can get him out of the way, and reduce chaos in the Tavern.
    MAGIC!

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

° Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    In a perfect world, a defender would show up for Stringbean's game and Veruzak would go with 7 Rabbit.

In a more practical world, it's better to fill adventures one at a time. If Veruzak goes with Yurian, this adventure is good to go and then the next PCs to show up are for 7 Rabbit's adventure.

It is better not to hold out for balanced parties.

Quote Originally Posted by CaBaNa View Post
    OOC where is Veruzak supposed to be? Stringbean, Mal? This is mostly up to you two as you're the first dibs on PC's, if neither of your adventures fit him, let me know so I can get him out of the way, and reduce chaos in the Tavern.
    Now why wwould you want to reduce the chaos there?

LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/

L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

Veruzak fits just fine into my adventure; a wizard on an investigation just makes sense, really. I can run with four (and at this point probably will be; no reason to hold out for five or six during a PC drought), even if it's not a balanced party. I'll just shift out Defender enemies in favor of minions, skirmishers, and the like, and stress fast, brutal fights over slugfests.

What I'll do is open the game thread and those that are in the game can post arriving the next morning; if Veruzak's joining, have him come along but to start I'll assume just the three until I hear different. Roleplaying the leaving Daunton bit should take a few days in real time, and while that happens recruiting will nominally still be open but once we're ready to go (meaning four members and at the "dial Haurton" point), we go and get out of the way of the next adventure.
    Current Characters

Current Games as DM
    Enemy Among Us - L4W

Novice (Lvl 1)

° Ignore Atriden
    Are there any openings left for a player? Got a lvl 1 Warlord Genasi almost ready. If needed I can get him ready for tomorrow.

Defender (Lvl 8)

° Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    There's one spot left open in Stringbean's adventure but you have to act quick! We're leaving by one way portal pretty soon.

Check out 'An Enemy Among Us'. If you're a melee warlord, you'd be much appreciated.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 13 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast