The Upcoming Adventures thread

Phoenix8008

First Post
Wayne's basement is coming to a conclusion, and the adventurers will soon find themselves back in the Hanged Man (or in the Daunton Memorial Cemetery;)). I'm going to submit a proposal for the continuation of the adventure. If my party will have me, I'll continue with them, but if any bow out, I'll be needing to pick up some Lvl 1-3 characters to fill the gaps.
You can count on Talon for any sequel, HMG. I always prefer to stick with the same party for as long as possible. Kama'zer (my other PC) has been pretty lucky so far in that regard as well. Talon wants to find out who or what that disembodied voice was... ;)

DMDanW

First Post
I am just putting the finishing touches on an adventure I have been working on and it should be ready to submit for approval next week some time. It will be for level 1-2 characters. I am not sure the demand for a level 1-2 adventure, but I have recruited one of my RL gamers to join L4W to play in my upcoming adventure (and hopefully like it here and stick around).

Just wondering if anyone has any tips I should know about before submitting an adventure for L4W? I have read through the section on the Wiki, but I am not sure about how detailed I need to be when filling out the detailed overview section.

I was kind of hoping to leave some of the encounter details open enough to adjust for party level and size, as well as what choices the party makes during the game. I hate railroading players and like to leave games open enough that the players can somewhat choose their own path so to speak. I am not sure if that is possible with having to have the adventure approved before play.

For example if the players decide to randomly start a fight somewhere that isn't laid out in the adventure, how is a situation like that handled, since I'd have to come up with an encounter impromptu.

Thanks for any help provided. From what I have seen in L4W so far, this is a very helpful and supportive community.

covaithe

Explorer
Just wondering if anyone has any tips I should know about before submitting an adventure for L4W? I have read through the section on the Wiki, but I am not sure about how detailed I need to be when filling out the detailed overview section.

The wiki is terrible on adventure submissions, isn't it? I cribbed that text from LEW. It was probably written five years ago and never updated since.

There aren't any hard and fast rules about what needs to go in an adventure submission. This post has a good overview of what I, for one, look for when reading adventures. Basically, it needs to be "detailed enough" that another DM could pick it up if you were to suddenly disappear, and finish the adventure in a reasonably consistent way. Some adventures need more detail than others to reach that state, depending on what's going on.

Also, the adventure submission is just your original plan for how the adventure will work, and as we all know, no plan survives first contact with the enemy the PCs. You are certainly welcome -- encouraged, even -- to improvise, adding or altering encounters and even plot as time goes by.

When in doubt, go ahead and submit it if you feel it's reasonably close to being ready. We'll ask for more detail if we think it's needed.

Remove ads