The Upcoming Adventures thread

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Hmm, I had an idea based on Ingot's backstory that I was thinking he'd definitely want to be involved in - now that I think of it, it's the type of thing Doddoddod might be contracted to investigate too.

I'm not going to have time to run it any time soon, though. After my 3 (!) adventures are wrapped up I need to cool off for a bit. (I keep saying that, yet I keep solidifying my plans for these things... At least I successfully pawned one of my ideas off on someone else.)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Are you talking about that idea you sent to me? You're just going to let that sit in my lap and make me feel guilty until I develop it, eh?

Well, dang. *sigh* I guess I might as well .... ;)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Nope, I was talking about a different one.

Well, I guess I might as well be upfront. Here's what I've been thinking about:

The Poisoned Forge: Trouble among Daunton's Warforged population. Ingot would fit right in here, but don't wait around for it if something else opens up - who knows when or if I'll actually run it. Also the type of thing people might hire Doddoddod (therefore Palindrome) to investigate.

The Gates of Arga the Black: There have been some hints lately that Arga the Black's spell holding back the Feywild is weakening. Possibly tied in with Ring of the Fey Lord - need to see where that goes before doing any more planning for this.

Against the Cult of the Reptile God: Hey, nobody said these names need to be original. Something has crawled out of the Allarian swamp and is both terrorizing and corrupting local villagers. (Need to wait for a party to hit level 3 or 4 for this one.)

(Bear in mind I won't actually be running these any time soon, they're just on the drawing board.)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Uhmm. Interesting.
Well, I have two ideas in mind, too. One is a continuation of the RotFL. If it goes well, it'll probably be a longer adventure, spanning several levels (divided in chapters so it doesn't have to be the same party all the way). This, of course, will have to wait for the RotFL to end.

The other is a third iteration of the Long Arm of Lauto format. With some undead action. And unrequieted love. And a merciless hunt. Something like that :devil:

garyh

First Post
KenHood, I'd love to have you join the MMC, but I agree with cov that Palindrome may not be a great fit. Plus, as monstrous as he is on the inside, he's still a human on the outside, which would make the MMC the SMC (Somewhat Monstrous Crew). You could whip up a monstrous second PC, though!

I'd love to run another short adventure in the Long Arm of Lauto vein, but I just don't have the time, and don't know when I will.

KenHood

First Post
Yep. I'm making up a half-orc rogue. He's very player friendly.

---

If no one wants to play with Palindrome, I can retire him into NPC status. You know: Murder Doddoddod, take over the business, pretend to solve crimes, while acting a serial killer. Just his thing.

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
Haha, I've actually got an adventure in the works that Palindrome will work perfectly in. It should also serve to somewhat "rein him in", so to speak.

garyh

First Post
Hrav would have been a half-orc, if they were available when I created him. Same Str/Dex bonuses, monstrous feel, I've always had a thing for half-orcs, and - ya know - they're actually supported, unlike bugbears.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Dang't may not be officially supported, but he's got everything I need for my slightly-off storm sorcerer. Better than being a gnome. ;)

ryryguy

First Post
The Poisoned Forge: Trouble among Daunton's Warforged population. Ingot would fit right in here, but don't wait around for it if something else opens up - who knows when or if I'll actually run it. Also the type of thing people might hire Doddoddod (therefore Palindrome) to investigate.

Hey, sounds great! Soldier and now Crag also have alternate forge hints in their backgrounds.

Also, FWIW I do intend to try my hand at DMing an adventure here at some point. However, since I've never done PbP before, I figure I should get at least one adventure as a player under my belt first.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases