The Upcoming Adventures thread

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, Rinch and the Ab-Dead gang are creations of Don Incognito. He may or may not have specific plans for him; I'm really not sure. In any case, it'd probably be best to talk to him before using Rinch. Since he's in the Wiki he should be fair game, but you never know.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know. I will PM.

You know, it might be a good idea in the wiki that those who edit it include references to the adventures where a NPC described has been involved.

ryryguy

First Post
A question

I was wondering something... and I'm too lazy to look for any "DM guidelines" where this might already be addressed... (I'm not too lazy to follow a link to such guidelines it if it's posted...)

Is there any understanding or requirement that players be able to bail out of an adventure in progress if they choose? More specifically, is it discouraged to have a "shipwrecked" kind of scenario where the PC's can't just walk back to Daunton without somehow finding a way off the island during the adventure?

(In the Transitive Isles, "shipwrecked" might actually be "the gate you arrived through doesn't work from this side"...)

covaithe

Explorer
I think that's a reasonable concept for an adventure. I don't remember having specifically addressed it before except maybe in passing, but I think that once you've joined an adventure and been in it long enough to have traveled somewhere dangerous, you can't just back out and get a free ticket home.

In practice, I can only think of one time in L4W where a PC wanted to leave a game in progress, and those were (hopefully) unique circumstances.

ryryguy

First Post
OK, cool... just wondering because in a normal campaign, it wouldn't be an issue as there aren't any other adventures going on for a PC to go back to.

I suppose if you were going to run an adventure where this might be a possibility, it wouldn't hurt to give a heads-up to the players when they join.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I think the question should be "do the players know what they're getting into"? Generally the players wouldn't expect to be able to get out of an adventure early, but if you pitch something to players as one type of adventure and then make a surprise twist that they might not like, it's reasonable to give them an out. (I love surprise twists, but there should be some option for players to back out gracefully if it's not what they signed up for.) Another good example is if the adventure is a lot longer than players might expect; some players might have joined it to fill time while waiting for another adventure to start (a good example is Battle Bone: looks like a lot of fun, but it seemed to be basically one fight and it's expanded into much more than that).

ryryguy

First Post
That sounds like a good guideline, Joe.

Of course, sometimes what happens is that the DM didn't really know what they were getting into...

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Of course, sometimes what happens is that the DM didn't really know what they were getting into...

Hoo yeah, I've been there.

"What? You're all going to jump through the fiery hell-portal? Even though it's very name suggests that it will simply deposit you in a fiery hell? Ok, let's break for the week so I can figure out how not to kill you all."

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Well, I wrote a full proposal satisfying the 6 points underlined in the charter.

What isn't clear to me is... who do I submit this proposal to?! I sent it to the general judge gmail adress. The charter says to send it to the judges in charge of adventure approval but fail to tell us who they are!

Anyway, as hinted earlier, I plan a zombie gangland adventure. It spawns three fights and a old school skill challenge (AKA we roleplay the scene and make skill checks when relevant!), should net about 800 XP each PC and 8 treasure parcel.

In its current form it makes use of Rinch the Riser and his gang but it for some reason I can't use him I'll just come up with another necrotic villain (It would be a shame to have two instead of one who is more active)

All I am missing to start right now beside approval is whipping up a market map.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases