The Upcoming Adventures thread

Sanzuo

First Post
In my experience 4e is a lot easier to run since building encounters is much more streamlined than 3.X. Then again I'm using the DDI tools and that probably helps a great deal.

I agree with this. Hammering out custom monsters and npcs is a breeze in 4e compared to 3.X. Although, one way I can see 3.X taking less time to prepare is since in 3.X every creature was built exactly like a PC, I would just abstract everything because it was such a pain in the ass to do it mechanically.

Well, I've got to work on tonight's Dark Sun game.

Someone

Adventurer
I wasn't thinking on how difficult is to prepare the adventure, since I was considering running one from Dungeon anyway. I was talking about running the game: 3/4 of the characters I've seen draw from sources I don't own, and combat is a mess of conditions, modifiers, recharges and saves.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I wasn't thinking on how difficult is to prepare the adventure, since I was considering running one from Dungeon anyway. I was talking about running the game: 3/4 of the characters I've seen draw from sources I don't own, and combat is a mess of conditions, modifiers, recharges and saves.
This is the reason for the verbosity in the character sheet: Everything that needs to be known is there on the page. It is generally the judges duties (at approval time) to make sure everything there is on the up-and-up.

Otakkun

Explorer
[MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION]: I've been known to be kind enough TOPSECRET INFO those who need it. ;)

Regarding running an adventure, my main problem has been the fact that I suck so much in using mapping combats. If I ever master such resources, be sre that I'll be running some adventures.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
@Someone: I've been known to be kind enough TOPSECRET INFO those who need it. ;)

Regarding running an adventure, my main problem has been the fact that I suck so much in using mapping combats. If I ever master such resources, be sre that I'll be running some adventures.
You know, it is no problem for me, but you are only allowed to update your own builder. Their is no allowed sharing. Just for you to know.

Edit: Edited quote to match current post :)

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
That's correct Iron Sky, but it's only supposed to be for yourself, IIRC. I believe in another thread one of the mods commented about this, but I could be wrong.

Sanzuo

First Post
Wizards D&D Insider EULA said:
Grant of License; Intellectual Property Rights. Subject to your compliance with this License, during the license term Wizards grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-assignable limited license to personally use the Software on one (1) computer which you own or is under your personal control.

Yea.

Remove ads