The Upcoming Adventures thread

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara has still not even entered the hanged man. EVERYONE IN THE HANGED MAN IS LEVEL 1! Not that that's a bad thing, but, being Level 4, I fear that Mik is too experienced for a level 1 adventure, and too inexperienced to RP in the hanged man a sage :p. I suppose she could just go there and enjoy dancing on tables in a drunken stupor (not like she's done anything like that before ;)).

Mal, if you're wanting to do a Level 1 jaunt, go ahead. The Hanged Man needs to be thinned of greenhorns a bit.

Anyone planning a Level 3-6 adventure, or do any vacancies exist?

LogicsFate

First Post
heh

Now that I think of it, if we need an adventure that badly I say we make Someone run an adventure that is all about running Prime through the contest for gold. If I knew anything about 4e at all....

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
In the next few weeks, I'll be making my 3rd Character and I should have enough DM credits to level straight from 1 to 4 by then, so I'll be "in the market" for a mid-heroic level game. Assuming my math is right.

[sblock=Math + Time XP notice]7 DM credits: level 1 to level 2
6 DM credits: 2 to 3
6 DM credits: 3 to 4

Level 1 to 2 takes 7 months of Time XP since Time XP rounded down(1/6 of 1000 = 166.67), thus leaving a level 1 character with nothing but 6 months of Time XP exactly 4 XP short of level 2... I think it's a product of 1/2 of 1/6 = 83.33 rounded down to 83 x 2 = 166... or do they all round down no matter what?[/sblock]

With as many level 1s in the tavern as there are, it'll probably be a bit before higher level characters have anything to do.

As a random aside, for anyone running adventures, I suggest taking more than 5 PCs, for several reasons:

1) We have a ton of PCs and few DMs.
2) Unlike RL, adding a 6th or 7th character adds fairly little extra work for a DM.
3) In my experience, adventures tend to lose 1-2 PCs before they are finished (The Lost Workshop lost 2, The Rerisen Tower lost 2, The Hunted has lost 1 so far) - and none of my adventures have gone more than a few months so far. It'll save trying to recruit and add-in new PCs on the fly down the road.

Last edited:

rb780nm

First Post
I'll raise my hand to run something short for low-level characters (That way there;s some pressure for me to actually come up with it, rather than just daydreaming my time away).

Joe

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Right on. I actually got an idea for a totally wacky adventure. I'm already running 2 atm though...

I think I'll just table it until one of the ones I'm running ends.

It's going to be called

The Sprocketeers

Antithetist

First Post
I'm working something up at the moment, just some fairly light treasure-hunting antics. I'll be aiming to get the Proposal submitted this weekend.

Remove ads