The Upcoming Adventures thread

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
No. Keep it going. I've never had this much fun on ENWorld since I joined back in 2008. This is great. I just hope Mal can keep up with 12PCs and a total head count of 50 combatants! Talk about a way to end an extremely long streak of boredom for Mikara.

*edit*

Did I say 50? Oh. That was before combat began. We're down to 42 now :devil:.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
That 50 at the start of the Protection combat is probably a record. I just checked my adventure The Rerisen Tower and at its peak combat round it had "only" 45 combatants - though 10 combatants had already died at that point (enemies were coming in waves).

I think I might have a record for the most combatants involved in a single encounter with the Rerisen Tower's 57 (17 "good guys": 10 minion NPC allies, 2 regular allies, 5 PCs vs 38 "bad guys": 1 enemy elite, 25 enemy minions, 14 regular enemies) - not counting 2 "friendly" hazards; traps set by the PCs in the forest and a palisade of sharpened stakes that a few of the undead impaled themselves on trying to scale it...

Edit: H.M. that would mean your characters were involved in both of the two largest fights in L4W history!

Last edited:

Xeterog

Explorer
Does that count include the bad guys that got back up and had to be 'killed' again..(darn re-rising dead)..but it was an epic combat, Iron Sky....very much enjoyed it.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Edit: H.M. that would mean your characters were involved in both of the two largest fights in L4W history!
And kicking butt in both. I would love to see the kill count for each of these encounters when they are doen (RRT is already done. Eithal survived with only 2 HP! Didn't go KO once).

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Does that count include the bad guys that got back up and had to be 'killed' again..(darn re-rising dead)..but it was an epic combat, Iron Sky....very much enjoyed it.

I was rolling pretty well for their Rerise checks, so I'd say on average each one you killed got up once (one Swarm you had to "put down" 4 times, same with one of the Beasts). So, it was more like 100 monsters if you count the number of times you reduced something to 0 hp!

Luinnar

First Post
You know it might be fun to have a Helms's Deep like adventure. Something where you have to defend a huge castle against a swarm of enemies.

Basically like The Rerisen tower, but larger in scale.... and with siege equipment!

Remove ads