The Upcoming Adventures thread

Mewness

First Post
Well, one of the reasons for having a character approval process, and sheets as detailed as they are, is so that the DM doesn't need access to the same rulebooks as the player used.

covaithe

Explorer
It's the event that makes your character decide to stop being a normal person and become an adventurer. For example:

Bill was a perfectly ordinary village blacksmith until one night, the zombies came. Bill fought his way free and fled into the night with only his grandfather's forge hammer, passed down by his father before he died. Vowing to return someday and discover what became of his friends, he makes his way to the Hanged Man in Daunton...

Hooks: Bill hates undead, Bill has a mysterious heirloom hammer with a strange inscription, Bill doesn't know what happened to his childhood friends, etc.

Kicker: Zombies attacked his village and drove him away.

Hooks and kickers are completely optional, though encouraged; they're mostly a way to encourage players come up with good backstories and help give DMs ideas about ways to mess with them engage the character more fully in the game.

Circio

First Post
Just a quick thanks to JSB for starting an adventure for the level 1s and HMG for giving us a leader to play with. I missed the discussion because I tend to check the threads that I have posted in when they get a new post. However, I hadn't posted in here for whatever reason, so it got lost to me within the rest of the posts. Now that won't happen since it will have a check mark next to it on the forums. :)

garyh

First Post
So, once Growl wraps up in The Power of Knowledge, I'm going to retire Hrav, Growl, and Zhen, and go with a single PC, who'll be level 9 (maaaaybe 10, depending on if Growl gets more XP than I'm expecting). My new PC will be a tiefling mage (pyromancer/enchanter). I've got his background posted:

PC:Khemnos Eversorrow (garyh) - L4W Wiki

...and I have a sample build out done in the CB, though I'm waiting to code the wiki (which is still mostly cut and pasted from Hrav at the moment) until I see exactly how much XP and GP I have to start the new PC off with.

So, is there anything coming up for a level 9 tiefling mage in the next couple months? He can go more controller-y (enchanter spells prepared) or striker-y (fire spells prepared), depending on the party composition.

Oh, and my favorite bit? He's going have a +22 Bluff at level 9. That'll be fun for social situations, and his +18 Diplomacy and +17 Intimidate aren't too shabby either.

treex

First Post
Didn't you just curse that WotC is changing the Flaming Weapons (or something like that)

Are you sure you wanna scrap three characters for one that just got a big nerf?

Velmont

First Post
Path of Light is about to end (1 encounter left), and I'm writing down the follow up. The group average level is 7 at the moment, but they will most likely all level up at the end. They are actually 5 and well balanced (2 Defender, 1 Striker, 1 Leader and 1 Controller). I'll accept one more, but it will be to the group to decide if they want someone else or not.

garyh

First Post
Didn't you just curse that WotC is changing the Flaming Weapons (or something like that)

Are you sure you wanna scrap three characters for one that just got a big nerf?

I was looking at the powers I had planned on taking, and my basic philosophy was 1 damage power and 1 enchantment power each level. As it turns out, the damage power I was planning on was already fire in most cases. The only thing I need to do is swap out Winged Horde for Stone Blood (not quite as good as Winged Horde, but better than Scorching Burst, and is untyped damage so it still works with flaming staff) for my at-will damage power and maybe replace Stinking Cloud for my level 5 daily damager. Even that I might keep, as I've seen Stinking Cloud in action, and it's brutal even without all the fire bonuses I'll be getting.

I'll probably retrain Stone Blood to Winged Horde and take Arcane Admixture to make it psychic and fire in paragon.

So yeah, I think it's a silly change for a lot of reasons, but it doesn't cripple my concept. And the reason I'm consolidating my three PC's to one is that that's all I have time for right now, so that was going to happen regardless of what I came up with as a replacement.

Path of Light is about to end (1 encounter left), and I'm writing down the follow up. The group average level is 7 at the moment, but they will most likely all level up at the end. They are actually 5 and well balanced (2 Defender, 1 Striker, 1 Leader and 1 Controller). I'll accept one more, but it will be to the group to decide if they want someone else or not.

That's cool. Tenchuu's already contacted me about the next Lord Byron adventure, so whichever existing group is willing to add my PC is cool with me. I was a bit worried about trying to get a gig for such a high level character, but it looks like it might not be a problem after all. :)

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
So, I don't want to jump the gun on this, but I'm in the process of creating an adventure for our group of mid-level adventurers sitting around in the Tavern right now.

It's still in the infant stages of development but I thought it prudent to put it out there to see if someone else is doing the same. This way, I'll know if I'm stepping on someone's toes and if I am, I can stop doing so.

jsb420

First Post
I am having a blast with Desolation Island and in 9 days we have amassed 237 posts and 16 pages already (and counting)!

I have another idea mostly typed up for a higher level group, and can submit it for approval today (or tomorrow morning latest). Same as horticulture, i don't want to force my way into another adventure if there's something brewin'.

[sblock=horticulture]Sac'to as is Sacramento, CA?[/sblock]

I would like to actually play a game too if possible, but besides my PC (Maroohk at the bar) there are only 2 other 1st level characters there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases