The Upcoming Adventures thread

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
All those on the fence about DM'ing, a golden opportunity is about to present itself.

There's about to be an influx of about a dozen characters into the tavern - of varying levels - that will be itching for further bloodshed and shiny objects.

Or maybe one or two people from the group of characters will take the DM mantle and run with it?

Tomalak

First Post
I've been toying around with an idea for an adventure for a while, but have absolutely no time to DM a game online. Would it be okay for me to submit an adventure, for someone else to run? It would be a pretty short adventure, with possible follow-up opportunities.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I've been toying around with an idea for an adventure for a while, but have absolutely no time to DM a game online. Would it be okay for me to submit an adventure, for someone else to run? It would be a pretty short adventure, with possible follow-up opportunities.

Your best bet is to PM people you think might be interested and try to get them interested in the basic concept before submitting. That's how I got suckered into running Artemis' Pact...

FourMonos

First Post
Your best bet is to PM people you think might be interested and try to get them interested in the basic concept before submitting. That's how I got suckered into running Artemis' Pact...

Aww... but suckered is such a strong word!

Plus you are an awesome DM! We all really appreciate your time and energy JNC!

covaithe

Explorer
Would it be okay for me to submit an adventure, for someone else to run?

Sure. I suspect you'd probably end up doing a better job at the proposal, if it's intended from the start to be sufficient for someone else to run the adventure. 3/4 of the reason for having a proposal in the first place is so taht there's a written plan for the adventure somewhere, with enough information so that someone else could run it if the submitter didn't have time. (The other 1/4 is to make sure that the idea isn't too ridiculous. And we're pretty generous about that.) Most of the problems we have with submissions are when the DM doesn't bother to write something down, because they "know" it's going to be them running it.

Velmont

First Post
Well, I hope you won't have that problem with mine. I have made it like the one [MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION] made for Path of Light. I had taken over his adventure and his notes was very clear and helpful. I have done the same, but now, the only thing I have to bother once I run it is to find my maps, as everything else is in it.

Anyway, for all players, I ahve a good and a bad news.

The good news is I just submitted a new adventure. This is the follow up of Path of Light, it is meant for a lvl 8 party.

The bad news is as it is a follow up, I have probably a whole crew already in it. With the five current player and [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], I think I will at least not crowd the Inn anymore.

I have also already written down the part 3 of that Trilogy and it will call for new blood, but it is far from now that it will start as I will need to run all part 2.

Nebten

First Post
I have also already written down the part 3 of that Trilogy and it will call for new blood, but it is far from now that it will start as I will need to run all part 2.

New blood . . . rut-roe!

Today, five people will become one, with the goal of surviving. Your decisions symbolized by the blood on your hands.

Mewness

First Post
I’ve conceived an interest in doing something like what renau1g is doing with Kingmaker--i.e., taking a Pathfinder adventure path (Serpent’s Skull is the one I’m looking at), converting it to 4e, and running it here for characters starting at 1st level (of which there are quite a few in the tavern now). Unlike renau1g, I have not demonstrated (and almost certainly do not possess) superhuman PbP DMing skills, and an entire adventure path is perhaps a rather worrisome project for an unproven DM. The first module in the series works as a stand-alone, but it’s pretty long, and I can’t provide solid enough notes for another DM to take over without copying large chunks of the module. Obviously, I’m not planning on disappearing any time soon, and I’ve been posting steadily since I generated One-Who-Waits in September 2009, but DMing is another kettle of fish, etc. I’d really like to try this, though, and I’ve already put a fair bit of work into it. Thoughts?

renau1g

First Post
Well, I have the adventure in the worst case scenario. The only thing I caution in it is the
relatively secluded nature of the adventure, it can be hard to parachute in new PCs if someone disappears
. I've yet to run an adventure without someone dropping (So far Four Seasons has got the best chance...). Other than that though it could really suit the flavor of the setting well (I was considering running it myself ;)). I wouldn't worry about putting pressure on yourself to run the entire AP. In all likelihood 5e will be out by the time you could finish it. So, I'd recommend really looking at the AP, cutting out the encounters you can, so that way you only hit the highlights of the adventure. I adapted another module and cut it from 12 or so encounters down to 4 by combining and cutting some encounters. Kingmaker I dropped a whack of the combat encounters and turned a bunch of them into social encounters instead. Better than fighting a trio of kobolds, have a little back and forth with them. I'm more than satisfied with your posting record Mewness, so I'm definitely supportive. I'd just make sure the PC's know it will be a longer adventure. The one I've been running in LEB has gone for nearly 18 months or so.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases