A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

renau1g

First Post
As you enter the shop a large circle table with 7 chairs around it is waiting for you. The man at the far end of the table is the guard from the tavern, seated and sipping a steaming cup of nearly black tea. A pot sits on a tray in the middle of the table and fancy china cups are lain at each place.

"Welcome, have a seat and once everyone is here, we'll get started" The man says.

[sblock=Current Cast]
Grim - Bugbear Ranger 1 - Tinwe
L4W:pC:Grim (Tinwe) - ENWiki
Kruk - Dwarf Fighter 2 - dimsdale
L4W:pC:Kruk (Dimsdale) - ENWiki
Raiyek Meliam - Elven Paladin 2 - Lord Sessadore
http://www.enworld.org/wiki/index.php/L4W:PC:Raiyek_Meliam_(Lord_Sessadore)
Xoc - Orc Warlord 1 - n3rday
L4W:pC:Xoc (n3rday) - ENWiki
Carolina - Halfling Rogue 1 - industrygothica
L4W:pC:Carolina (industrygothica) - ENWiki
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tinwe

First Post
Grim enters the shop, ducking slightly to clear the doorframe as he does so. He does not take a seat. "Greetings, friend. I understand you have an offer of work?"

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk enters shortly after Grim. He stares at the one at the end of the table. In a stern voice he states "My name is Kruk and I am at your service. You can count on my steel." He then nods to Grim and sits at the table. Turning his head to the guard inorder to speak, "I assume the tea is for us, yes? My throat is a little dry." He pours a cup and takes a long sip, swirls it around in his mouth and then swallows. "Aaaghhhhhhh! That hit the spot. The other are almost here."

[sblock=ooc]
Is this an adventure for five or six?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Grim enters the shop, ducking slightly to clear the doorframe as he does so. He does not take a seat. "Greetings, friend. I understand you have an offer of work?"

"Indeed I have, one that I intend to fully entail once all of you arrive" the man says, taking another sip of his tea, non-chalantly despite the monstrous appearance of a goblinoid amidst all the expensive china.

Kruk enters shortly after Grim. He stares at the one at the end of the table. In a stern voice he states "My name is Kruk and I am at your service. You can count on my steel." He then nods to Grim and sits at the table. Turning his head to the guard inorder to speak, "I assume the tea is for us, yes? My throat is a little dry." He pours a cup and takes a long sip, swirls it around in his mouth and then swallows. "Aaaghhhhhhh! That hit the spot. The other are almost here."

[sblock=ooc]
Is this an adventure for five or six?
[/sblock]

"Do not be so quick to sign on without hearing the details of the mission, it is something that has been vexing me for some time now. I do appreciate your exuberance and I have heard telling of the skill of your axe in battle. I am glad you enjoy the beverage, there is more available" the man replies, gesturing to the tea pot in the middle of the table.

[sblock=OOC]
Either 5 or 6, the option's open, hence the number of chairs.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
The door to the tea shop swing open quietly again, and Raiyek steps through. He looks quite at ease in this environment, bowing to the guardsmen then moving gracefully to take a seat. "Greetings, sir. I am Raiyek Meliam, paladin of Palladys. I understand you have been looking for assistance; I would gladly offer my services." The elf leans his shield and weaponry against a wall, pours himself some tea, then waits patiently for the guard to explain the situation.
[sblock=OOC]Linky to character sheet in my sig.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Do not be so quick to sign on without hearing the details of the mission, it is something that has been vexing me for some time now. I do appreciate your exuberance and I have heard telling of the skill of your axe in battle. I am glad you enjoy the beverage, there is more available" the man replies, gesturing to the tea pot in the middle of the table.

"Why thank you sir. I'm glad to hear that I have a good reputation in battle, where as I'm sure my reputation is not-so-good in the local watering holes." Kruk chuckles a bit at his joke. In a more serious tone.."I've been through more pain in the past year than many people receive in a lifetime. It's my fault really. It is the path of a fighter. One must be able to take pain as well as dish it out. And if that is what is required to help you with the problem you are having right now, then so be it!" Kruk then takes another drink from his tea. Looking over his shoulder he sees a familiar face enter the room. "Hey hey! Raiyek! If force is require to handle this problem, I will be able to see that new sword of yours in action after all!"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina slinks through the door as the dwarf carries on about himself. She quietly sits down without saying anything and acts like she's been there since the beginning.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the delay, been wrapped up in another obsession for a few days. Thanks ren, for the nudge.[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
A clean-shaven Orc walks into the tea shop and, perhaps to the surprise of many, avoids knocking over or breaking any of the delicate items on the store's shelves, despite the broadsword and shield strapped to his back. He nods to the man at the end of the table, and takes a seat. "Well, I hope I haven't kept anyone waiting. I am Xoc, warlord and healer, and I believe my services can be of use."

The newcomer sees that others have poured tea, and proceeds to make himself a cup. "Your preference for discretion is one I am not unfamiliar with. I've worked with enough smugglers to know how to keep my mouth shut, and how to keep others' mouths shut, if it is required." The Orc pours a small amount of milk in his tea and stirs it gently. He sips it, and despite the large tusks that portrude from his lower jaw, does not seem to have any problem drinking it without spilling. "So, let us convene. What services shall we render on your behalf?"

[sblock=OOC] Hey all, I'm finally back from vacation and I'm at home where I have regular internet access again. It's my first time playing D&D, so let me know if I do anything wrong - I'm more worried about the combat than anything else. I seem to be the fifth person in here, do we have a sixth coming or is this it for the group? [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The man leans back in his chair after pouring himself another glass of tea. He looks over the newcomer and nods. "I believe there was a robed dwarf in the tavern as well. I will give him a few moments and then we'll begin

[sblock=OOC]
I believe Stoneburner (a wizard) has yet to arrive (johnmeier1), but I sent him a message, giving until Monday then we'll get started with 6.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk continues talking to the guard "Let me tell you a story about and orc body guard who made the mistake of turning his back on me...ya see..." Kruk now notices the halfing rogue sitting across from him, rolling her eyes as if to tell him to shut up. Kruk smiles at her and says "I didn't notice you come in. I've been told that I tend to talk a lot. Now why would someone come up with a false statement such as that?" Kruk takes another sip and the breaks a toothy smile. Tea rushes out of the corner of his mouth, dripping onto his beard. "Excuse me. Where are my manners!" Wiping his beard with his forarm, he turns to the guard an says "Can you tell me where the bathroom is around here? The ale from the tavern and the tea here is rushing right through me. Why can't I stop myself from having more than one drink!"

Getting up to leave he notices the orc warlord and states "I'm glad you could join us. You look well rested as if you just woke up from a nap (making reference to the warlord sleeping in the tavern)...ha ha! Just Kidding friend." He walks to the bathroom. After a moment he returns and pours himself another glass of tea.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases