Play maps

mps42

First Post
Ughhh!!! Where was this yesterday! LOL. I spent almost an hour making a map almost identical to this yesterday for one of my games. This would have saved me a bunch of time.

What program do you use to make these?

Sorry for the bad timing. If i'd only known... :)
The majority is done in PaintShop Pro 9 but, if there are walls and such, I lay those out in publisher cause its vector-based and I already have it. Will occasionally do a bit of work in photoshop but it's rare. In the road map (no pun intended, the rock is photoshopped and everything else is Paintshop.

Rhun

First Post
It is always interesting to learn what programs and such people use to make their maps. My choices are fairly limited...excel and MS paint and such. I just downloaded Autorealm, though. It looks pretty neat, just need to figure out how to make it do certain things.

Mercutio01

First Post
It is always interesting to learn what programs and such people use to make their maps. My choices are fairly limited...excel and MS paint and such. I just downloaded Autorealm, though. It looks pretty neat, just need to figure out how to make it do certain things.

Might I suggest downloading something like Paint.Net or GIMP? Both are free and both are a lot better than MS Paint. Paint.Net is easier to get the hang of, if that's a concern.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Hi Rhun,

I'd also suggest popping over to The Cartographers Guild, an online community of RPG mappers who use an assortment of programs to make their maps like AutoRealm, CC3, GIMP, Photoshop etc. There are a lot of tutorials available there as well as a pool of experienced users to who will be more than willing to help you get started or answer your questions.

Rhun

First Post
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will check those out. Hopefully I can get this map thing down to where I can whip them out a lot faster. :)

mps42

First Post
O thread of mine, I grant you a Healing surge! :p

The manor house, 1st floor
Is this the manor of a kindly lord or a foul villain?

Attachments

• manor1.png
    manor1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 192

Remove ads