Proposal: Dragon 372

covaithe

Explorer
Ah, I see it now, I had an off-by-one error in my math. Anyway, I'm convinced; I'm happy to say no to Punisher.

To sum up; here are the things I say NO to in the proposal:
  • Punisher of the Gods
  • Faces of the Fallen (shaman daily utility 16)
  • Reaper's touch feat for non-Shadar-kai.

YES on everything else.

renau1g

First Post
So are you saying no to all of reaper's touch, or just the portion for non-shadar-kai???

Again, just looking for rationale why? Between all the disallows for my warlock he's getting the nerf-bat upside the head, while just about every other class is fine. It especially sucks because the warlock is generally considered the weakest striker...

covaithe

Explorer
I've discussed earlier in this thread why I don't like Reaper's Touch in general: because I feel it reduces the tactical complexity of the game. Others have convinced me that if it's altered to have a requirement of Shadar-kai only, it's more reasonable. If you're unhappy with that, I'd be perfectly fine just banning it.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I presonally feel it's either broken or it's not. There's nothing about the feat that changes when used by a Shadar-kai, so if it's broken for humans it's broken for Shadar-Kai,

I've been convinced by the arguements that say why it's broken so I can't see any incentive for keeping it at all.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I don't think Faces of the Fallen needs banning. It's powerful, yes, and it will change the flow of an encounter in the same way many dailies do, but it's not unstoppable. The spirit companion can be killed off by doing 10+1/2 level damage to it in one hit (so 18 at level 16), which is pretty hard when you're weakened, but this is only really a problem for solos as other encounters should have other creatures that can do the attack. Since the power's a daily, resummoning it won't bring the power back. And being weakened isn't nearly as bad as being dazed for a long time - I'd say an Orb wizard still is a much greater threat to the playability of solos than this is.

I vote:

* YES to Playing Shadar-Kai, with the exception that "Shadar-Kai" is added to the prereqs of the Reaper's Touch feat
* YES to Secrets of the Entombed City
* YES to Deities and Demigods
* NO to Master's of the Planes (easier to ban the whole article than one destiny, and it can be revisited if somebody gets close to level 20 and requests it)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Bump.

Here's where the voting on this stands:

Playing Shadar-Kia:
Reaper's Touch for Shadar-Kai: 2 YES
Reaper's Touch for everybody else: 2 NO
everything else: 2 YES

Secrets of the City Entombed:
Faces of the Fallen: 1 NO, 1 YES

Deities and Demigods: Bane:
2 YES

Masters of the Planes:
Punisher of the Gods: 2 NO
everything else: 1 YES, 1 NO

Anybody else have votes to cast?

garyh

First Post
Yes to Shadar-Kai, including Reaper's Touch for everybody.

Yes to Bane.

No particular opinion on the rest at this time.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ok, 48 hours after garyh's votes, the voting stands at:

Playing Shadar-Kai:
Reaper's Touch for Shadar-Kai: 3 YES
Reaper's Touch for everybody else: 2 NO, 1 YES
everything else: 3 YES

Secrets of the City Entombed:
Faces of the Fallen: 1 NO, 1 YES

Deities and Demigods: Bane:
3 YES

Masters of the Planes:
Punisher of the Gods: 2 NO
everything else: 1 YES, 1 NO

So, uh, bit of an ambiguous situation here... clearly Bane has passed, but there are two ways to look at the Shadar-Kai article:

1. As summarized in the table above: it passes with the amendment that Reaper's Touch is available only to Shadar-Kai, since 2 people voted for that and garyh voted for the less restrictive version which includes that, plus Reaper's Touch available to everyone else.
2. garyh voted yes to a different version of the Shadar-Kai article from everyone else, so garyh's version (Reaper's Touch available to everybody) has 1 vote, and the other version (Reaper's Touch available only to Shadar-Kai) has 2 votes. Neither of these is enough to pass, so it won't pass unless one of the two can drum up more votes.

I think the best way to handle this is to get some clarification from garyh: are you in favour of allowing the amended Shadar-Kai article although you'd prefer the unamended version, or is this an all-or-nothing vote?

(Also, the necromancy article seems on track to die of apathy. If any players out there want to use powers from that article, please feel free to bump the thread and plead for votes.)

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Clarification: I'm fine with the bulk of the Shadar-Kai article and Reaper's Touch for Shadar-Kai. I would also like to allow Reaper's Touch to everyone, but will not withhold the rest of my approval over that.

Remove ads