Gauging Interest - It's a 30s Sci-Fi pulp Ripping Yarns jokey sort of thing...

jkason

First Post
Ah, what the heck. I'll throw a hat in. A safari hat, even:

Sy Bergeron
Archetype: Globe-trotting Collector
Hooks: Surprisingly durable safari hat, unfortunate sherpas, winning smile
Skills
Great: I swear, it's true!
Good: Picked one up on my last trip
Good: Now it's a fair fight
Good: This fellow says he knows
Poor: What does this button do?
Rubbish: Ooh! Shiny!

Born with three or four silver spoons in his mouth, Sy set off quite young to search the globe for exciting cultures and artifacts, returning with examples of the latter and tales of the former to enthrall the folks at home. He has a penchant for wandering into trouble, usually when looking for an Amazing Artifact. Thankfully, he also has a skill for talking himself out of said trouble (though his native guides have a rather regrettable rate of turnover).

Dr Simon

Explorer
Thanks, had a bit of fun with Google finding those. That's the two Buster's - Larry "Buster" Crabbe as Buck Rogers standing in for Crash Jones, and Buster Keaton as Suicide. Okay, so some of them are an bit anachronistic (Ursula Andress as Queen Zamora) but it *is* The Future. I tried to find a suitable pic of Kate Hepburn for Lady Jane, but none were quite "plucky" enough (surprisingly) so I ended up with Amelia Earhart. Also surprisingly tricky to find somebody in a safari hat for Sy.

jkason

First Post
I think I may have been vague with my skills. "I swear it's true" is meant to be a bluff-ish skill rather than a Knowledge-y one? No big deal, really, especially since I didn't catch that Crash has a similar skill with a different name.

I think I got excited about the turns of phrase and didn't make them as descriptive as they should be. ;)

Ah, and while I'm cool with the Sy pic in the thread, if you're looking for safari hatted folk, I found these:

JungleJim-45.jpg

JungleJim-1.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases