D&D 4th Edition The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011! - Page 12

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Ignore Aegeri
    Personally I am very concerned looking at the release list. I don't see any expected hardcover books and while I will be buying the odd essentials product, there is almost nothing I want after Dark Sun.

I really want to know if there will be a DMG3, Arcane Power 2 or if they're going to soft cover books or what. I'll be extremely unhappy if they abandon their book formats for things like draconomicon and similar. I really hate softcover books with a deep passion and while I will buy them, it's only very grudgingly.

4ognard
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Gygax MagazineI Defended The Walls!

Ignore TerraDave
    My communities:

Ok, I have updated. Added the heroscape (and note I already had the underdark set) but not the gale force nine, though others are certainly welcome to post them here.

Thanks again to echohawk (feel free to XP him) and everyone else.
    A semi-brief History of D&D and some other RPGs: Part 1: 1967-1979 Part 2: 1980-1989

4ognard
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Gygax MagazineI Defended The Walls!

Ignore TerraDave
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Aegeri View Post
    Personally I am very concerned looking at the release list. I don't see any expected hardcover books and while I will be buying the odd essentials product, there is almost nothing I want after Dark Sun.

I really want to know if there will be a DMG3, Arcane Power 2 or if they're going to soft cover books or what. I'll be extremely unhappy if they abandon their book formats for things like draconomicon and similar. I really hate softcover books with a deep passion and while I will buy them, it's only very grudgingly.

We guess that the "Magnificant Emporium" book is AV3 and hardback. On the other hand, the Player Option: shadow stuff book implies that player stuff may be mostly soft cover. But Gencon will tell us more.
    A semi-brief History of D&D and some other RPGs: Part 1: 1967-1979 Part 2: 1980-1989

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Festivus
    My communities:

Is it really titled:

Vor Rukoth: An Ancient Ruins Adventure Sight

or is it supposed to be:

Vor Rukoth: An Ancient Ruins Adventure Site

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Ignore Aegeri
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraDave View Post
    We guess that the "Magnificant Emporium" book is AV3 and hardback. On the other hand, the Player Option: shadow stuff book implies that player stuff may be mostly soft cover. But Gencon will tell us more.
    I would love it if someone going to gencon could ask someone from wizards this.

Because I am really concerned we aren't going to get further books like Open Grave, Demonomicon and such forth in future on their respective topics (I would love a Feywild book and a Shadowfell book in the vein of Underdark and Plane Above for an example).

Mostly I'm just disappointed because every month I've had something to look forward to. After Dark Sun I have absolutely nothing to be excited about at all. That's really disappointing.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Blog Entries

Ignore doctorhook
    Quote Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
    Is it really titled:

Vor Rukoth: An Ancient Ruins Adventure Sight

or is it supposed to be:

Vor Rukoth: An Ancient Ruins Adventure Site
    My money's on the former; it's a book of amazing images of a fantastic adventure "sight". Think National Geographic, but fictional.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore bagger245
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Aegeri View Post
    Mostly I'm just disappointed because every month I've had something to look forward to. After Dark Sun I have absolutely nothing to be excited about at all. That's really disappointing.
    I know how you feel. I am not even into Dark Sun or Psionic Power. MM3 seems to be the last book I am interested in.

The Dragon holds a vigil
    Spellbinder (Lvl 16)

Blog Entries
    Admin

Ignore darjr
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraDave View Post
    Thanks everyone for the flury of comments! I will be updating shortly.

Just saw a relevant review on this topic. He seemed quite positive:

Review of Heroscape Expansion Sets - RPGnet
    I wanted to add a direct link to the article that talks about the new base sizes for Heroscape miniatures.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Blog Entries

Ignore doctorhook
    Quote Originally Posted by bagger245 View Post
    I know how you feel. I am not even into Dark Sun or Psionic Power. MM3 seems to be the last book I am interested in.
    Don't feel so down. Remember that most of 2011's release schedule is a mystery to us still.

Also, are you not excited about new monsters and powers from Essentials, and for the Shadow power source early next year? Well, if not, I'm sure there's still some good stuff coming your way.

Superhero (Lvl 15)

Ignore Aegeri
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorhook View Post
    Don't feel so down. Remember that most of 2011's release schedule is a mystery to us still.

Also, are you not excited about new monsters and powers from Essentials, and for the Shadow power source early next year? Well, if not, I'm sure there's still some good stuff coming your way.
    I'm a DM, I buy the PC books mainly to have a book resource for my IRL group. There is nothing better for "selling" a class or concept to a player than a nice book with art and such.

For me though, there is nothing to look forward to and the concern my beloved awesome hardcover books will be replaced by shorter, crappier softcovers. All I want is some indication of a feywild and shadowfell hardcover and such forth.

It's also disappointing because it leaves nothing for me to be excited about. While it takes me 2-3 weeks longer to get books due to travel time, at the end or beginning of every month there is always new awesome DnD books waiting for me at the bookstore. Until after march next year I just see nothing for me except the monster vault and rules compendium.

I feel I have the right to be emo.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast