CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan, By the wagon

"I need some help here. This woman's arm is mangled and she is unconscious. Is there a healer here?" Sivan calls, unsure how to help the woman. A good help I am. Not able to defend, nor to care for the wounded, he thinks.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Moving to the closest wounded person, a young man--a temple artisan by the look of his cloth--Tac queries the injured worker. "Can you stand? What hurts?" The youth rubs his head and, with Tac's help, rises from the packed dirt square. "Oi, me head. Best be getting home, then, eh? Me thanks, kind sir." Despite a bleeding cut in his forehead, the artisan grins at Tac then pushes off with a nod and a bob, making his way west.

Elyra reaches Tac as the artisan walks away. Are you alright?" She asks.

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Tac stares after the artisan as he wanders off as if he'd merely fallen from a stumble and not a goblin attack. So engrossed he is by the apparent coping abilities of Sandpoints citizens, he doesn't even notice his cousin walk up.

Elyra reaches Tac as the artisan walks away. Are you alright?" She asks.

"Huh? Oh, Elyra! I'm fine, are you...?" he looks his cousin up and down, and seeing no apparent injuries, appears relieved.

"I promise this kind of thing doesn't happen every day here, or even every Swallowtail Festival!"

As the knight calls out for help, Tac's embarrasment for the situation melts away. "I didn't see any priests still around," he says to Elyra as he starts toward the unconscious woman and the man tending her. "Did you? Maybe I should run for the nearest temple."

Merlin's Shadow

First Post
"Hmmm..." The cleric picks up the sword and the trinket. Perhaps someone has seen work like this before, he thinks, looking at the crude weapon. In his other hand, he examines the gold trinket. Useless junk. I suppose it belongs to someone, though. I should attempt to return it. Grokk pockets the trinket and slides the sword into his belt.

Sivan, By the wagon

"I need some help here. This woman's arm is mangled and she is unconscious. Is there a healer here?" Sivan calls, unsure how to help the woman. A good help I am. Not able to defend, nor to care for the wounded, he thinks.

The cry for aid catches the attention of the half-orc. He jogs over and tends to the woman's injuries, saying nothing to the man next to her. Damn gobbies!

[sblock=OOC]He will start with using his mundane skill (Heal +4). If he has any uses of his Channel Energy ability left, he will use one to further help the woman.[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
The tawny collie continues on his circuitous patrol of the square, keeping a curious eye on those tending to the injured. They seemed to have that concern well in hand and so Kell relaxes a little. Hopefully there'd be no further suffering this night. Eventually the dog finds himself back where he started, next to the carcass of the goblin whose spine he broke. Lowering his head down, Kell sniffs curiously at the dead raider's body.

OOC: Searching the body.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I promise this kind of thing doesn't happen every day here, or even every Swallowtail Festival!"
His cousin smiles at this, but before she can answer, the air is split by a call for aid.

As the knight calls out for help, Tac's embarrasment for the situation melts away. "I didn't see any priests still around," he says to Elyra as he starts toward the unconscious woman and the man tending her. "Did you? Maybe I should run for the nearest temple."

"Don't go running off just yet," Elyra advises, as they make their way over. "Let's see what's going on."

The pair stop, watching the half-orc they had met earlier set about healing.

Talashia smiles reassuringly and nods at the girl. "We'll find her. What's her name? What color is her hair?" The child's solemn eyes bore holes in Talashia's face. Sniffing and wiping her nose on her arm, the girl snuffles. "Her name's Mum, of course. She's got brown hair. Pretty hair, long, in a braid." The description matches every third woman Talashia's seen today in the festival. "We were just arriving and then...and then..." the child bursts into tears and her nose resumes dripping.

[imagel]http://www.christusrex.org/www1/pater/images/russian-modern.jpg[/imagel]

From over by the wagon, Sivan calls out, ""I need some help here. This woman's arm is mangled and she is unconscious. Is there a healer here?" The knight's cry for aid is answered by a half-orc cleric garbed in the manner of the faithful of a dwarven deity--a warhammer hangs in the priest's burly hand, and a goblin blade rests tucked into the half-orc's belt. Jogging over to tend to the woman's injuries, Grokk says nothing to Sivan but begin to examine the woman for wounds. Cursory examination shows Grokk that the woman has a dislocated arm that should be set while she remains unconscious to dull the pain of the procedure. A wound on the back of the woman's head seeps blood into the dirt--a minor healing spell will fix her head wound. Muttering a prayer offered to Torag, the half-orc quickly works with surprising tenderness for so large a half-breed to mend the woman's split skull.

Let me know which 0-lvl spell Grokk drops to spontaneously convert to a healing spell.

As the knight calls out for help, Tac's embarrasment for the situation melts away. "I didn't see any priests still around," he says to Elyra as he starts toward the unconscious woman and the man tending her. "Did you? Maybe I should run for the nearest temple." Tac turns to the Cathedral and notes the heavy wooden front doors hanging open.

The tawny collie continues on his circuitous patrol of the square, keeping a curious eye on those tending to the injured. They seemed to have that concern well in hand and so Kell relaxes a little. Eventually the dog finds himself back where he started, next to the carcass of the goblin whose spine he broke in the center of the festival square. Lowering his head down, Kell sniffs curiously at the dead raider's body. The goblin has a distastefully strong odor reminiscent of fetid garlic and mildering potatoes. Kell notes the creature's hodgepodged studded leather armor, a crude stub of a blade the locals call a "dogslicer" lying in the dirt a few feet distant, and one oddity--the goblin's torso still sports some sort of carved wooden amulet in the shape of a rounded female goblin with a bulging belly hanging from a nattered leather cord.

Seeing that Tac eyes the ajar double doors of the Cathedral, Elyra advises, "Don't go running off just yet--let's see what's going on." The pair stop, watching the half-orc they had met earlier set about healing.

Ambrus

Explorer
Curious about the wooden trinket, the collie carefully takes it up into his teeth and pulls its cord free of the slain goblin's neck.

[sblock=OOC]A knowledge check? Taran has several possibly appropriate Knowledges (local, religion, arcana & history) all at +7[/sblock]

Initiative, Surprise Round

Another few moments pass in front of the Sandpoint Cathedral while Grokk finishes healing the mangled woman. The woman doesn't rise from her unconscious state but Grokk sees to his satisfaction that the skin on the back her scalp knits itself neatly together with Torag's grace. As Grokk finishes his mending, the woman's breathing evens and soon she is softly snoring.

Just as Tac is about to return his attention from the open double doors of the Cathedral, he notes a pair of glowing yellow eyes canted inside the darkness of the Cathedral. Kell's hackles raise as he sniffs the air and detects the scent of fetid garlic and rotting potatoes--more goblins about! The disguised wyrmling spots feral eyes peering from inside the inky darkness of the Cathedral doors.

Elyra spots the pointed tip of a dogslicer poking the canvas in a slashing arc at the Korvosan orange merchant's stall. The dogslicer retreats then reappears, dripping with blood. [sblock=Elyra]Sense Motive 19 (favored enemy). There is a goblin hiding in the merchant's stall, and it has drawn blood. Low gutteral cackling indicates to Elyra that the goblin believes it has the element of surprise, possibly also the advantage of numbers. The creature is lying in wait but will probably soon attack from the flank.[/sblock]

Surprise round initiative:
Taran 17
Tac 12
Elyra 11

Initiative:
Sivan 21
Taran 14
Elyra 11
Grokk 8
Tac 7
Talashia 3

Please include movement and attack/damage/spell stats in your combat posts.

[sblock=Map Key]
G = Grokk
S = Sivan
E = Elyra
Tc = Tac
Kell = Taran
Ta = Talashia
X1 = goblin hiding by orange merchant stall, spotted by Elrya
x1 = goblin hiding inside cathedral, spotted by Tac and Kell[/sblock]

Attachments

• Combat1a.jpg
    Combat1a.jpg